• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc lost on it's very first flight!

if you think about it, the maiden voyage is the most likely time to lose a disc. especially if it's a type of disc you've never thrown before.

if you think about it, the maiden voyage is the most likely time to lose a disc. especially if it's a type of disc you've never thrown before.

Good point.

Never lost a disc on the first throw but then again I am the guy that will look until my life is in danger. Even then I might look for another half hour.

i did that on the practice hole at hudson mills with a champion valk! tye dye at that! i bought it at CJ's right down the road from the park.... first rip, shanked, gone forever....

sad sad day....

i would say it wasnt meant to be, but the valk is my #1 an-hyzer disc....

Fun stories but seriously I never realized how superstitious disc golfers are until I came to this forum. Karma, luck, "meant to be", etc, what a huge load of crap.

Fun stories but seriously I never realized how superstitious disc golfers are until I came to this forum. Karma, luck, "meant to be", etc, what a huge load of crap.

I'd be scared to not try to return a disc with a name and number out of fear of bad disc golf karma. :p

You are probably better off without a Beast (at least I know I could never do anything with that disc).

So the other day I picked up a Pro Beast. Today I went to a local course and on the very first throw ever with it it ended up in the water. I went right in after it but it was too muddy and I couldn't see anything. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be with me and that Beast. I know people go in that water looking for discs all the time if they lose them so hopefully someone will find mine and give me a call.

This ever happen to anyone else out there? If so, were you lucky enough to ever get the disc back?

OMG!! I lost one on the 2nd throw; also a Beast but in champ. It was storming out and I decided to do a forehand throw with it, and I had hardly ever thrown forehand and it sailed off into god knows where.

Funny thing is, I had bought it on my way to the course to replace my DX one that my brother lost when I let him use it to try DG so it was unmarked.
\
I've never bought a Beast again. They are cursed I tell you!

Damn suprnva. This could have been my thread. I bought a white star Beast and the same damn thing happened to me. First tee / first throw - Goodbye $19. It was a Father's day gift this year as well. Grip-locked it, and never saw it again. Looked for about an hour and gave up. Depressing.

Lost a 10x KC Pro Eagle-X that I'd gotten off ebay on my first ever throw of it on The LINKS #6.

:eek: that course has eaten about 2 healthy bags of discs!

I think all sports/games where you're alone most of the time and need a rhythm are like that though. Baseball, free throw shooting, cards, you know what, I think all sports are like that.

I think we all know that even when you're at your best you still need some luck on your side from time to time.

Damn suprnva. This could have been my thread. I bought a white star Beast and the same damn thing happened to me. First tee / first throw - Goodbye $19. It was a Father's day gift this year as well. Grip-locked it, and never saw it again. Looked for about an hour and gave up. Depressing.

:eek: CURSED!!!!

OMG!! I lost one on the 2nd throw; also a Beast but in champ. It was storming out and I decided to do a forehand throw with it, and I had hardly ever thrown forehand and it sailed off into god knows where.

Funny thing is, I had bought it on my way to the course to replace my DX one that my brother lost when I let him use it to try DG so it was unmarked.
\
I've never bought a Beast again. They are cursed I tell you!

Funny thing is...a friend of mine has received two beasts one in DX and one in Champion. I think he owned one before both of these too, but must have lost it. Both were someone else's disc and both had no name, but the DX one a friend of us both found and gave to him. Lucky him I've only found two discs within the month or so I've been playing 1 champ sidewinder with a name that I noticed I didn't like the flight path much, and 1 XL fly dye(not sure on the plastic). The XL seemed more like a fairway driver based on shape also the number had another state's area code on it(almost completely faded out too).

Originally Posted by Scott Van Dyke

CURSED!!!!

$19 dollars! Good god man, try disc golf center or this guy on ebay.

Been there, done that!!! Sorry fellas, nothing more frustrating then losing a disc that you never got to see its full potential with. It sucks to lose a disc but atleast when you have had a couple of great rounds with it you can think back on how well it did for you. Losing it right away just sucks. Its like kicking a dog when it is down.

Lost a 10x KC Pro Eagle-X that I'd gotten off ebay on my first ever throw of it on The LINKS #6.
This supports my argument of going to the practice field and test flying your discs before you hit the course with them.
No that just proves that bad luck hits everyone no matter how hard you practice. Plus in Eric's case, I'm pretty sure he has practiced enough at the Links to trust what he is doing.

That was the day I met up with C.J. and Glen and was running late I caught up to them on hole #6 and that KC Pro Eagle-X was the first throw I made without warming up and I threw it long into the lake behind the basket.

Of course I followed up that partial round with a full round where I shot my best ever out there: 51, which included two penalty throws for wet discs.

Holy sh*tballs you've lost a lot of discs on that course. Now I don't feel so bad about all the discs I've lost at the Galloway Hammond course.
:eek: that course has eaten about 2 healthy bags of discs!

Yeah, water on 15 of the 18 holes out there tends to take care of a lot of bad throws. Besides the 42 that my wife & I currently have lost at that course I've tracked the ones I've gotten back as well.

46 more have been lost & found once.
10 have been lost & found twice.
1 has been lost & found three times.
1 has been lost & found four times.

That's 73 more discs that we've tossed in that have come back. :)

That was the day I met up with C.J. and Glen and was running late I caught up to them on hole #6 and that KC Pro Eagle-X was the first throw I made without warming up and I threw it long into the lake behind the basket.

Of course I followed up that partial round with a full round where I shot my best ever out there: 51, which included two penalty throws for wet discs.

Yeah, water on 15 of the 18 holes out there tends to take care of a lot of bad throws. Besides the 42 that my wife & I currently have lost at that course I've tracked the ones I've gotten back as well.

46 more have been lost & found once.
10 have been lost & found twice.
1 has been lost & found three times.
1 has been lost & found four times.

That's 73 more discs that we've tossed in that have come back. :)

Do you use a disc diver at all or does it get too far out in the water?

Do you use a disc diver at all or does it get too far out in the water?
Almost all of the returns have come from players walking/swimming the lakes.

Although this summer has been really dry and most of the lakes have mostly or completely dried up. So there's not much left to be found/recovered from most of the lakes.

Latest posts