• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Recomendations

teebob

Birdie Member
What disc are you using to throw Long Hyzer flip shots that flip flat and fade slowly right? I was using a 175 avenger ss and it worked great for a while flexing out to 400+ but now even with an extreme hyzer angle it likes to flip hard and dig in at around 250- 300 ft and roll, if it doesnt dig in it flips completely and just keeps going right,RHBH losing a lot of D. I know I probably need a beefier disc and am curious what works for others.

What disc are you using to throw Long Hyzer flip shots that flip flat and fade slowly right? I was using a 175 avenger ss and it worked great for a while flexing out to 400+ but now even with an extreme hyzer angle it likes to flip hard and dig in at around 250- 300 ft and roll, if it doesnt dig in it flips completely and just keeps going right,RHBH losing a lot of D. I know I probably need a beefier disc and am curious what works for others.

This is a touchy shot that is more thrower than disc...That being said, there are discs more appropriate for the shot than others. I use a beat P-PD and it works awesome. Others I've used in the past...Star Valk, SOLS, Roadrunner, beat Rogue...

SOLS is by far my favorite disc for this (and any type) of shot. Look into the different runs of the Sirius Orion LS... 1.1 stability would work good as a starter (heavy disc) but I believe they are no longer in production. I have been using 1.2 stability at 173 grams.

If you are flipping the old AvengerSS, my first suggestion is to use a new AvengerSS, possibly in Z plastic. A newer disc will be more stable and Z plastic will take longer to beat up.
The next suggestion would be to try a more stable disc in that speed range: Starfire, Crush, TeeBird, Wraith, etc.

bobby. Go scoop up sum sols from shawn. I believe steve brought in some 1.1s in from the warehouse. Just tlk to jason. He'll point you in the right direction.

I used to throw a 175 champion sidewinder for long turnovers, currently am trying the Monarch now with better success, the bigger rim I think makes it a bit more stable and doesn't turn over and fade hard like the sidewinder.

Get a new Avenger SS in FLX plastic. I also used to throw the Avenger SS and moved up to the Surge SS...FLX plastic rules!
I also like the Monarch or Vision for these types of shots....

Get a new Avenger SS in FLX plastic. I also used to throw the Avenger SS and moved up to the Surge SS...FLX plastic rules!
I also like the Monarch or Vision for these types of shots....

Was considering this the one im using is z plastic but i think it broke into a roller. I might also try using a grip produces more spin.

Give me a ride Booter!

Last edited:
SOLS is by far my favorite disc for this (and any type) of shot. Look into the different runs of the Sirius Orion LS... 1.1 stability would work good as a starter (heavy disc) but I believe they are no longer in production. I have been using 1.2 stability at 173 grams.

I don't think those are the stabilities. Those numbers on Millenium discs mean what run of discs they are, and are not related to stability. Not trying to be a D-bag or anything.

If you happen to be looking for a disc with a stability of 1.1 = Z Stalker. Just throwin it out there, you can throw it right back at me.

My Valkyrie does just that for me, though only to around 325'. Going with something a little faster but with the same turn/fade numbers will give you the latitude to really blast it and not have the disc flip completely over.

Sidewinder

And yeah, my Avenger SS flips over way easier than my sidewinder, hence the reason I've had a sidewinder in my bag and an avenger ss on my shelf.

Latest posts