• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Disc selection question - Plastic

Barry Schultz said that he prefers Pro or DX material for his mids and putters, because they give him the feel and control that he needs for those types of shots. He is a Hall of Famer, so maybe base line plastic isn't all that bad. I think we dislike it because it wears easily, but if you look at some pros discs, they have some beat to hell and back discs which they use on a regular basis.

Barry Schultz said that he prefers Pro or DX material for his mids and putters, because they give him the feel and control that he needs for those types of shots. He is a Hall of Famer, so maybe base line plastic isn't all that bad. I think we dislike it because it wears easily, but if you look at some pros discs, they have some beat to hell and back discs which they use on a regular basis.

No, it's not a bad thing...and good for cycling, obviously. But team members and pro's can cherry pick their discs at no cost. When a DX putter is beat to hell after one round of throwing and putting with it, and maybe radically changed by a few tree hits, get out the wallet again.

No, it's not a bad thing...and good for cycling, obviously. But team members and pro's can cherry pick their discs at no cost. When a DX putter is beat to hell after one round of throwing and putting with it, and maybe radically changed by a few tree hits, get out the wallet again.

If you're beating a DX putter to death in a single round you are doing something wrong....

I like my mids and putters in lower grade plastic too. Better grip in all conditions and more glide. They don't break down nearly as quickly as drivers because they aren't going as fast when they do hit stuff.

If you're beating a DX putter to death in a single round you are doing something wrong....

I like my mids and putters in lower grade plastic too. Better grip in all conditions and more glide. They don't break down nearly as quickly as drivers because they aren't going as fast when they do hit stuff.

You should see the courses I play, but ok, maybe more like 2-3 rounds.

Thanks all. Good ideas.

I may have been exaggerating on beat up time. But that doesn't matter. I am certain I also have form issues too, looking to get discs in the bag that don't change as fast. Appreciate the collective brainstorm.

Latest posts