• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc that crack in the Winter.

I'm in my fourth Ohio winter, and I've never had a disc crack. My bag has become almost all Gateway and Vibram, so I definitely don't have to worry about the Vibram cracking.

The only disc I've ever cracked was a new Star Wraith (white) in the middle of summer (massively turned over slamming into a sidewalk). There are so many DX cheapies out there you are bound to see them break - I don't throw DX and wouldn't anticipate it happening with premium plastic that isn't pretty old.

i'm actually kinda nervous about an OG wizard i've got. it's got some flex in the flight plate, but the plastic itself is VERY hard despite being grippy. i stopped driving with it out of fear; i've got two OG that are firmer than usual, the other is my putter but it's got more flex and give/tack to the plastic than this one. it feels as stiff as DX, maybe moreso.

I don't throw DX and wouldn't anticipate it happening with premium plastic that isn't pretty old.

I had a C PD2 break in my group this weekend. 30 degrees out. Some people will probably never break a disc. Those that throw hard...I bet only flx is safe.