• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discaroo?

Still broken for me. Maybe the site crashed with all those guys loading up their collections with captions like "I'm not looking to trade this, just wanted to show it off."

Here's my favorite part of Discaroo:

Me: I'll trade you this new Champ Monarch for that beat to hell, doo doo brown S Magic.

Them: I'm only looking for 11x, pearly, hologram stamped, LE CE gummy pro CFR stamped Teebirds between 172.1-172.5 grams and once owned by a girl named Shirley.

Me: I'll trade you this new Champ Monarch for that beat to hell, doo doo brown S Magic.

Them: I'm only looking for 11x, pearly, hologram stamped, LE CE gummy pro CFR stamped Teebirds between 172.1-172.5 grams and once owned by a girl named Shirley.

Haha! I know her. She lost that disc and is willing to trade back for it!

yet another reason i only trade here:thmbup:

Discaroo was a big PITA for me. Made one trade and haven't given the site a second thought since. I only trade here and DGR.

I traded a few however the site has a lot of small glitches that are a real turn off. Like someone will send you an email offering you two discs for one of yours. Then when you go to the website to accept the trade it only shows one disc. So I am not sure if that person is going to send me two discs or just the one.

Also if you send more than one person a question about a disc you don't know which one they are talking about when they reply.

I also hate that if you hit the back button on your browser after looking at a picture of a disc you have to start the search all over again.

It is a pain in the ass to do almost anything there, search, communicate etc? There are a lot of people but here is way better in terms of quality of people trading.

It is a pain in the ass to do almost anything there, search, communicate etc? There are a lot of people but here is way better in terms of quality of people trading.

I agree, but if theres something you need, its worth giving it a look, when people here don't have it for trade :)

I'm gald they did. I tried using that site and just ran into a ton of problems. Someone wrote a really stinky comment about my "trading" on that site. I'm not on the computer every second of every day checking emails and such so I missed this dudes email thing where he sent me 15 discaroo bucks for a star destroyer I had.

Well the Star D was stolen out at Z-boaz and I hadn't taken it off my profile yet. In the end I most certainly sent the guy his $ back, apologized to the guy, but the comment remained. Tried to get in touch with the site moderators to remove the childish review he wrote about me but never EVER heard back.

The site blows goats, big time.

Glad it's gone, and if not, hope it goes away.

Bad experience for me.

This site, however, is great!!! I've had nothing but a good experience with everything I've done on here. From trading, buying discs, finding course info, meeting felleow disc golfers, and personal stuff (scores, disc organizer, tourney info, etc.)

Discaroo is/wasn't bad. Good business idea, just poor continued support. I can see where they were going with it. Change real money to "Discaroo Bucks" where the easiest way to get the dollars out was to buy new stuff sold by the site's official store. The bad part is it seems the site never got enough to seed the store well enough.

I did a few deals without a problem. A lot of people signed up, listed discs, and disappeared though. The key was to e-mail people about recently added discs.

Yeah there email comminication was interesting but like pm and what not here. If I haven't already said enough good things about this site and people on it

Latest posts