• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

discbids.com - - what do you think?

How do I get more people posting more plastic? Sunday I'm going to post everything I own!

I was one of the first test sellers on the site (think I had the first official sale lol) and just in a few weeks Matt has definitely made improvements (PS, thank you for getting rid of the background lol). The only fees that I had to pay were from paypal, which is 10% better than Ebay! I would love to see it grow huge, especially since I have 500 discs waiting to be transferred from Ebay to there. I have been throwing a bunch of stuff on there at average online prices I think. I believe I have 2/3 of the listings on there right now lol. We need more peeps to come in and list stuff! (I'm in no way affiliated with Matt, if you know me, you know I just love buying and selling tons of plastic. I knew that Matt was a major player in the buy/sell/trade on Facebook and just wanted help!!)

Well the discussion on here got me to check it out... The fact that I can't do anything on the site without being a member is a huge turnoff though. At least let us see the listings before you force us to sign up.

B-mart,

Visitors can view the entire site without being a member. Members can list, bid and post in forums.

You may have visited while the site was in maintenance mode?

I have a question.....I've looked everywhere on this site for examples of how transactions are "supposed" to be handled/payed for and I haven't seen anything that explains this. Do I have to become a member before I can see these stipulations in writing? Did I miss these explanations? (and I'm not referring to the vague explanations in the terms/conditions and the about us links).

Biggest reason I am asking is because your members have little to no feedback( which I fully understand because you are a new site) Ebay and the marketplace make me feel warm and fuzzy because I can pick and choose who I want to or don't want to deal with. What is discbids.com doing to make new buyers/sellers feel warm and fuzzy? Again if I missed these answers I apologize, but I have no intention of joining until the site is more established with established sellers/buyers. Nothing personal, I just like to feel warm and fuzzy.

Just checked it out again. The site looks better, so that's an improvement. The largest reason I'm not using your site is I only throw Lat64, Westside, and MVP, which you only have 1 listing of Lat64. Most are Innova and Discraft, which a lot of people throw, but not myself, so that keeps me away. Additionally, you have no listing for MVP discs. Not having all the molds is what really frustrates me on discaroo. My two additional cents.

Bionic Rib, discbids is direct with over 25 payment gateways including PayPal and Amazon. Discbids works exactly like eBay were sellers can send invoices and buyers can click PayPal and be linked directly. It would probably be a good idea for me to add how these features work in the HELP section.

Murderous Monkey, We are working on getting vendors and members to post more plastic. The more members we have the more plastic will be posted and vice versa.

Yea add support for more discs, MVP.. I would love to use the site but not if is is BIAS toward the big companies.

I'm also running into the problem of not getting horizontal scrolling bars. The only way I can see prices is by zooming out very far.

Home Desktop computer, tried using both IE 9.0.8112 and Firefox 19.0.2

I think the site looks pretty good right now! I don't have any problem buying from there - i recognize many sellers from previous dealings. My biggest hang up in using the site is in selling. I think it's too risky without the buy it now. For instance if I list some brand new champion plastic on ebay at 99 cents I KNOW it won't stay there and that it will likely get bid up to market value. However on this site I dont know if there are enough buyers that if I list something low to get bids that it won't get sold for waaaay under value.

Silverbullet, buying and selling on discbids.com is FREE!

Kyle, Just like eBay you can set reserves and starting price.

Latest posts