• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

discbids.com - - what do you think?

If you want to have a serious business you may want to have a more professional looking site that functions properly. The first things I see when I loaded it up was that it looks like a site that was generated by some sort of crappy site generation engine(I just viewed the page source and verified that you indeed just used some auction website builder called "YSPComplete!"). The second thing I noticed is that the auctions end time is "fetching", so the site is broken already. The third thing I noticed was the first line of your "about us" is a blatent lie, "Discbids.com is the world's largest online disc golf marketplace". How do you ever expect people to take your business seriously if you only spent 2-3 hours setting this entire thing up and you say you are the largest online disc marketplace before you even sold a single disc? rofl!

While dude has actually made some mistakes in building this setup, it isn't "that" bad. I agree with Zamson, there are some completely horrible websites out there that are run by major DG outlets. Clearwater DG almost makes me go into seizures with their colors and flashing crap. In the end, I only care about 3 things; "Plastic/Price/Protection". A decent selection of plastic, prices that will make me want to buy there and the protection that it's not some run of the mill fly-by-night setup. I'm planning on dropping a few things in there and we will see how they go.

Tmart,

First off this is not a business. This site is free for everyone I make ZERO profit!
Second, this is an auction script I purchased on a limited budget. If you can find a better one I'm open to take a look. 2-3 hours setting this thing up? God I wish!

When you hear the word "auction" eBay pops into your head. Although this site is a lot like eBay, its not. eBay is a multi billion dollar company were discbids is is worth nothing

When starting this project I was quoted anywhere from $3-10k to build something like discbids from scratch! Discbids.com has taken me countless hours to build. Is it perfect? No but, I'm doing my best to make it as good as possible with ZERO budget plus a hosting fee.

If you think it's broken and not good enough for you then please don't use it.
It's meant for people trying to save money by staying away from eBay and the ridiculous fees.

you are the largest online disc marketplace before you even sold a single disc? rofl!

It does say "The #1 FREE....." soo that isn't really lying. Jus' saying. What I don't like.. is when people put "Buy It Now" with free shipping... but the price is the same as what I could go to my local shop and buy it for. I buy from online for 2 reasons... when my shop(s) don't have it.. or the price is cheaper. Putting it for Buy It Now and listing it for $15 with free shipping, doesn't appeal to me. That's obviously on the seller, and not the site.. but just something I noticed.

Last edited:
It's meant for people trying to save money by staying away from eBay and the ridiculous fees.

Am I missing something? Someone said you have a $2 listing fee and a $2 fee if you sell? I've sold multiple discs on ebay with no listing fee and a very small seller fee. I respect what you are trying to do but the numbers show your fees much higher than ebay.

mcbentz, thanks for putting this site together. I hope it takes off. While I love DGCR, and the DGCR MP has a lot of people, using forum threads to buy/sell/trade can be limiting. I like the search functions your site has.

One question I have is that I have been having trouble with the site when using IE, both at home and at work. However it appears to work fine usign Firefox. Is this something on my computers or somethign you have seen from others.

Am I missing something? Someone said you have a $2 listing fee and a $2 fee if you sell? I've sold multiple discs on ebay with no listing fee and a very small seller fee. I respect what you are trying to do but the numbers show your fees much higher than ebay.

I listed a disc and noticed no mention of fees. From what I can tell, it is FREE to buy and sell. At a later date, site owner may offer premium services for a fee and/or premium services for vendors.

I use IE on both work and home computers without any issues. Matter of fact, the site was built using IE. What kind of issues are you having JRW?

discbids.com is FREE with no membership fee, no listing fee and no final value fee!

i am a member there hopping to find other buyers to sell disc to there are some disc that just don't sell here.

We need to spread the word! Discbids.com is FREE for everyone to use. It's free for vendors to post buy it nows and members to post auctions.

Latest posts