• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DiscGolfPark USA

This is the kind of thing that kind of turns me off. On the one hand, I appreciate that different projects can have different levels of involvement and may want to utilize different services, etc. On the other hand I can go to Innova's or Discraft's website and quickly get the pricing on their equipment. And if you're not interested in a project that would only involve equipment sales, good for you, but at least be up front about it.

I already sent in a request for a quote. I'll be approaching some park authorities in the near future and already have a commitment to pay for a course by a business that wants naming rights. I have a ballpark figure on the course cost using concrete or natural tees and either Discatchers or Mach III's.

With all due respect sir, I'm sorry that my comment turned you off, however I suspect you're not being honest with your intentions.

You know who I am "in real life", we've spoken via facebook before, and you know I'm a mere 2 hours down the road from you when I'm in Louisiana. You also know that I have experience brokering deals between companies and parks departments, since you've been to my course. So for you to ask on here for a quote, and then react negatively when I offer my assistance, reads to me rather dubious considering it would actually be easier to contact me directly. We could have scouted the property in person, and be talking price points over a beer in the time we've gone back and forth online.

I also would not like to just post broad stroke pricing online because we have various options for courses, we work with customers on financing arrangements where applicable, etc. In other words, no two projects are the same, and there is no mass market sales tactic with me. I am personally invested in each of my projects to ensure that they are top notch - doubly so for courses being built in my beloved home state.

If you'd like to have a genuine discussion about a project idea that you'd like my assistance with, please reach out to me via email, facebook, or phone and I'll be happy to provide you with a custom tailored quote, as well as a free feasibility analysis for the property.

Quote requests are available on the website here- http://www.discgolfpark.net/us/contact/ask-for-a-quote/

And as Mr. esdubya said, you should receive a response rather quickly.

Also for anyone interested, feel free to contact Jamie or any other rep and they will be happy to help out, whether it is for the full DiscGolfPark concept or TeePad upgrades, targets or new signage.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Last edited:
I have worked on disc golf courses that had 3, 4, 5, and 6 digits in their "price".

The package quotes are good for those specific packages. They are helpful and I do refer to those a lot. However most courses will not turn out to be the same total cost as the package price.

If someone is willing to do the extra work and go to the next level and prepare a custom quote, grab it.

Writing quotes is a time consuming task to be sure, especially when there is a service aspect to it. I have to do it regularly in my job.

I think I'm starting to understand that what DGP offers is not just the equipment, but an aspect of service/expertise on top of that. I have no problem paying for this service (if it's in the budget) and frankly most disc golf course projects probably need some or all of it.

With all due respect sir, . . .

Put up your claws. There's no need for that.

So for you to ask on here for a quote, and then react negatively when I offer my assistance.

No. I didn't ask for a quote. I asked generally about confirmation of cost/pricing. The comment wasn't even directly addressed to you. The number of about $30,000 for an 18 hole course was already thrown out there. I would like to know, for example, how much does the turf for one tee cost? The only assistance I need is to know that information. I'm not looking for your assistance in building a course.

. . . reads to me rather dubious considering it would actually be easier to contact me directly . . .]

Whatever. If you don't wan't to talk prices then there's nothing for you to worry about.

We could have scouted the property in person . . .

I neither need nor want you to "scout the property."

I also would not like to just post broad stroke pricing online because we have various options for courses, we work with customers on financing arrangements where applicable, etc. In other words, no two projects are the same, and there is no mass market sales tactic with me. I am personally invested in each of my projects to ensure that they are top notch - doubly so for courses being built in my beloved home state.

As previously stated, if you are not interested in simply selling equipment, you could just say that. I.e., "We don't sell baskets or tees or signs. We only build courses." See, it's not that hard.

If you'd like to have a genuine discussion about a project idea that you'd like my assistance . . .

No, I don't need your assistance with a course. I need approximate pricing information. But I'll do your work for you:

Cost of 19 Mach III's ($390 each) and 18 8"x11" tee signs shipped to Louisiana (prices from an order in Aug. 2013). You can get one (1) free Mach III for 18 ordered.

Baskets $7,020
Signs $1,140
Shipping $661.95

Not sure if these prices are still good, but should be close.

DisCatchers are less expensive.

18 Innova DisCatcher Pro 28 baskets $5,850

I can only assume that shipping cost would be similar to the Mach IIIs.

Home Depot carries (online) 15' wide rolls of artificial turf that comes with a 7 year warranty for approx $50 per linear foot. At 7 feet the cost would be approximately $350 plus tax. Installation instructions call for working sand into the turf after it has been laid.

Turf for 18 tees ~$350/tee ~$6,300+tax

This is a bit pricey. I have found other turf (sport field type) prices to average between $1.00 and $2.00 per square foot, depending on weight/quality/style, with, from one site, free delivery for any amount over 450 square feet and with an $85 surcharge for residential delivery. This turf comes in 15' and 12' wide rolls.

So to get the turf directly for 18 tees (7'x15'), even at $2.00/sq.ft., the price would be:

(7x15) tees: ~$120-$240 per tee, plus $85 shipping

(6x12) tees: ~$80-$160 per tee, plus $85 shipping

Turf for 18 (7x15) tees: $2,245-$3,685
Turf for 18 (6x12) tees: $1,525-$2,965

Of course, this doesn't include the frame, base or infill material (or labor) and assumes that the carpet width and tee width are the same with no overhang.

Concrete runs about $100 per yard, delivered, in my area. At one yard per tee, that would be $100 per tee plus reinforcement wire and framing material.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Obviously.

Last edited:
Writing quotes is a time consuming task to be sure, especially when there is a service aspect to it. I have to do it regularly in my job.

I think I'm starting to understand that what DGP offers is not just the equipment, but an aspect of service/expertise on top of that. I have no problem paying for this service (if it's in the budget) and frankly most disc golf course projects probably need some or all of it.

You've hit the nail on the head. I say it like this - courses need 3 fundamental elements to be truly successful: Safety, Replayability, and Fun (for ALL skill levels). Most disc golf courses in the do not meet all 3 of those. Many meet 2, but not all 3.

In my experience, I've noticed that the majority of people that design a course end up creating a layout for their particular skill level and tastes. It's not always intentional, but it happens regularly. It can be difficult to think about how a Lefty would throw it, or how someone with a significantly lower or higher player rating would throw it.

There's so many other factors that are also taken into consideration - is it a social course vs. competitive course, is it looping 9's or more links-style (out and back), what other styles of course are in the area and how does this compare/contrast, etc.

What we're trying to do (or at least I am, but I feel like others are too...) is consider the broader needs of the community around the course, not just "ok Hyzer here, straight here"

No doubt. I also don't mind paying for a service that I need or want. But if you're not looking for that, or even just not looking for that yet, it's kind of weird for a business not to be up front with you about their lack of interest in doing something else. I've had plenty of businesses tell me that they simply don't do what I am asking and maybe even refer me elsewhere. People who won't give you some kind of price/rate and keep wanting you to come by and talk or "take a test drive before we talk about price" annoy me greatly.

JTacoma03 said:
Well it seems you've got it all figured out. I wish you the best.

Good luck to you and your business as well.

icon12.gif

No doubt. I also don't mind paying for a service that I need or want. But if you're not looking for that, or even just not looking for that yet, it's kind of weird for a business not to be up front with you about their lack of interest in doing something else. I've had plenty of businesses tell me that they simply don't do what I am asking and maybe even refer me elsewhere. People who won't give you some kind of price/rate and keep wanting you to come by and talk or "take a test drive before we talk about price" annoy me greatly.

Good luck to you and your business as well.

icon12.gif

Why would a course design company sell you equipment? I would go to the manufacturers directly for that if you need it. Do you have experience in course design? Or are you yet another weekend warrior who thinks they can slap a course together because they've 'played the game' for x amount of years?

Sounds like there could be a Disc Golf Park design happening in Folsom, CA. JTacoma03, what do you know about this? Any details?

I would be interested in buying just the turf for some tees. For my private course. Does anyone know where I can purchase turf similar to what Disk Golf Park uses?

I would be interested in buying just the turf for some tees. For my private course. Does anyone know where I can purchase turf similar to what Disk Golf Park uses?

We actually do sell just the DiscGolfPark TeePads. They come in two sizes- 4.5' x 7.5' and 6.5' x 13.5'

If you're interested in learning more, someone from DiscGolfPark can help. I would be happy to assist, if you would like- [email protected] or you can PM me here.

Is there a list of DGP courses somewhere? I didn't see one on the web site.

I'll make the recommendation to add our DiscGolfPark's here in the US to the website. In the meantime- Pessimist DiscGolfPark in CO, LHC DiscGolfPark in LA, Langley Pond DiscGolfPark in SC. Sidenote- Ricky Wysocki actually posted on Facebook yesterday after playing Langley Pond that it may have jumped into his top 10 courses of all time.

I believe there is a grand opening of 1 or 2 more DiscGolfPark's happening in the next week, it does not look like they are in the DGCR database quite yet.

We actually do sell just the DiscGolfPark TeePads. They come in two sizes- 4.5' x 7.5' and 6.5' x 13.5'

If you're interested in learning more, someone from DiscGolfPark can help. I would be happy to assist, if you would like- [email protected] or you can PM me here.

All I need to know is how much are they, how much is shipping and how long will it take to get them?

Thanks.

These forum trolls really hitting it hard here. He just said you can email or PM him with address provided. It's obvious your intent isn't having your question answered.

Latest posts