• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DiscGolfPark USA

This quote you posted defines vandalism as damage separate from theft. You can certainly vandalize something you steal and vice versa. But they are not the same thing.

Now I'll let you have your last word, because you always do and that's what makes you always right.

My apologies to the rest of the members of DGCR.
Ok, so when somebody steals your tee, you just have them arrested for theft. I'm going to have them arrested for theft and vandalism.

Just to clarify I am not a DiscGolfPark rep, I did not apply nor was I asked. I think that would be a large conflict of interest for me and I prefer to present multiple manufacturer options to my potential clients. The Disc Golf Course Design Group is a wonderful resource and I suggest all designers or potential designers join the group.

I would like to join, having done 2 courses and in the middle of #3 - where do I find this?

Baskets: Seem to be powder coated differently than Innova baskets, have a slightly different chain assembly than the Pro 28 and have a welded next tee arrow in the tray. They adapted the poles and sleeves with a locking collar to accommodate USA designers and parks. In europe they only need to screw/bolt the baskets in place. The Tee Arrow in the tray makes the sleeves difficult to install, but you can mark your pole that you use to level the sleeves during installation.

Congrats on the course it sounds excellent!

With the baskets it's something I've noticed here, we have the older Innova Discatcher American style and more recently the Finnish/Estonian made ones. The American has two rings for the chains and catches better, the Estonian made has one ring that all chains are attached to. Is this the Discatcher new listed here? http://www.pdga.com/files/pdga_approved_targets_042915.pdf

I thought that referered to this one - http://www.innovadiscs.com/targets/discatcher-pro/custom-discatcher-pro.html

if not where is the Disc Golf Park Discatcher on the PDGA specs? I'm pretty sure it's different enough to need to be listed separately.

I'll be surprised to see you guys get in 200 courses in the next two years. Might sell 200, but actually have 200 constructed, highly doubtful.

Couple questions for those with playing experience on the DGP turf tees: How's the traction on rain days? What about a light coating of frost/light snow? Are the turf tees reasonable for northern climates? Also, what about mud build-up?

The turf tees at the Blockhouse are great. The turf tee on Hole 5 at Maple Hill I slipped so hard I almost had to withdraw from the Vibram Open.

I've seen good turf and bad over the years. AS well as good and bad concrete.

I bet the ancient Egyptians could steal a concrete tee without vandalizing it....

I bet the ancient Egyptians could steal a concrete tee without vandalizing it....

I bet they couldn't!

<-- invents time machine, goes back to Ancient Egypt, learns to speak Sumerian, attempts to get Egyptians to move concrete tee, they succeed :doh:>

Nevermind!

Finally got caught up on this thread..

Good resource to have and good luck DGP in the US! I'm an aspiring designer and will keep this in mind when pitching new courses here in SW Ontario. Having a professional turn key option that is NOT free adds legitimacy to our most important resource and #1 recruitment tool (IMO): the course. We need something professional and turn-key that pops up with the parks director googles "disc golf course design".

One thing I would be interested in is does the DGP plan on increasing its network of course designers? So, when they get a quote request through the website will they filter these leads through a local designer and/or club? Is there a qualification process for joining this network? Seems to be the most cost effective way to handle the design aspect.

Anyone else care to chime in on the wet traction and "winter durability" of the DGP turf tees?
According to the website they are durable and player friendly when properly maintained. Also the turf mat has a 3 year warranty. Also Paul Macbeth apparently prefers these tee pads over concrete.

Any good company is 5 years at the least and new construction stuff like homes are 10 years.

3 years is laughable IMO. How do they measure traffic conditions etc which can impact?

One of schumaker ponds long tee is that fake grass. They call it "grange grass" because it came from the grange/ blockhouse and guess its sentimental.

Its not that bad, and better then rubber pads in snow and rain. Ive been playing three years this christmas and its not been effected by traffic.

If this is higher quality stuff it'll last awhile.

Im a fan of nicely done concrete though, prolly because i have to travel north to play some and its a treat.