• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

Played a couple of rounds with my C-FD today. It is a flat, yellow and 175g. I was surprised how HSS this thing is. A very accurate disc. I was parking drives throwing spike hyzers and straight shots that faded out left (RHBH). I love my Teebirds/Leos, but I could see this thing kicking both of those out. It's weird to think about having a bag with no 'birds, but these things are flying the same for me; just a little longer and with a tiny bit less fade. I'm probably going to pick up another C and an S to see if I can further reduce the molds in my bag. <3 the Jackal.

They very well could, that combo booted my teebird and pro leo. I have the same setup that you are looking at, with a S, C and flat C and I love it. The Jackal is so versatile in the different plastics and the glide on these borders on ridiculous.

Anyone come across a D-Line FD yet? I have been throwing a third run C-Line for a bit now and liking it, but I jumped at the chance when I found an X-Out D-Line at Play It Again yesterday. FD glide with DX plastic, and knowing that I can beat it in to a turnover machine much faster? I was stoked.
I have a couple of D-FD's, though they're not in my bag right now because the plastic is pretty hard for D-line discs, which I don't like. Anyway, the PLH is really low in both of them, so they're pretty flippy out of the box compared to other FDs I have in S and C.

I have a couple of D-FD's, though they're not in my bag right now because the plastic is pretty hard for D-line discs, which I don't like. Anyway, the PLH is really low in both of them, so they're pretty flippy out of the box compared to other FDs I have in S and C.

How did you get D Jackals? Are you in Europe?

I think my bag will consist of 3 or 4 jackals when it's complete.
I m carrying a dx leopard right now for super understable shots, but I would like to have all jackals, and a D jackal would fill that spot the dx leopard is in I believe.

My flat C-FD is really fighting for a spot in my bag over my Icon Patriot. I LOVE the Patriot, but this C-FD is pretty sweet. I've had in the bag the last couple of rounds I've played and it has done everything I've wanted it to do. Holds any line you put it on.

Played a couple of rounds with my C-FD today. It is a flat, yellow and 175g. I was surprised how HSS this thing is. A very accurate disc. I was parking drives throwing spike hyzers and straight shots that faded out left (RHBH). I love my Teebirds/Leos, but I could see this thing kicking both of those out. It's weird to think about having a bag with no 'birds, but these things are flying the same for me; just a little longer and with a tiny bit less fade. I'm probably going to pick up another C and an S to see if I can further reduce the molds in my bag. <3 the Jackal.

Was this at La Loma? What holes would you use the Jackal on?

So I finally found an S-Line FD that works GREAT for me. Not quite the ridiculous dome of the f2 one I got at dtworld, but definitely not nearly as flat as my C-Line.

It turns ever so slightly if I really put some power behind it, and then goes straight for a really long time, then fades very slightly. Truly a -1,1 whereas my C-Line might be 0,1.

The only thing I hate about my new s-line is it's clearly a + mold. But i'm having such great results, I might be able to live with that slanted rim.

alright, I'm really tempted to try one of these.. Which one would you guys recommend, I throw rivals and patriots now. I kind of want to try a flat C-Line, but where could I pick one of those up? Or would you guys recommend something different? and what's the difference in the flight of the flat and the domey C-Lines? (sorry, I'm too lazy to read through the 66 pages to find out = /)

alright, I'm really tempted to try one of these.. Which one would you guys recommend, I throw rivals and patriots now. I kind of want to try a flat C-Line, but where could I pick one of those up? Or would you guys recommend something different? and what's the difference in the flight of the flat and the domey C-Lines? (sorry, I'm too lazy to read through the 66 pages to find out = /)
I'd try to find a flat C-Line for a stable compliment (Rival) to the S-Line (Patriot). Between these 2 discs, you'll have almost every fairway line covered that you could need, save for really OS or US lines. Just don't expect these 2 discs to fly the same and you'll be very happy with both. The C-FD flies like 0/1 and the S-FD flies like -1/1. Both are very workable on lots of different lines and both will be longer than the Legacy discs you're throwing now.

BTW, I've extensively tested Patriots, Rivers, JLS, Leopards, TLs, and XLs and the FD is the only one that's stayed in the bag. Awesome disc.

Where would you suggest getting some flat C-line FDs? I am in Manhattan, KS, there are no good disc golf stores, so I'm pretty much limited to online. I am from KC where there are some amazing disc golf stores, but I don't see myself heading home anytime soon.

And with the S-lines, would you recommend either more dome? or less dome? or is that more personal preference?

Flat C-line is not that rare. I usually try to give a call to online stores of choice and ask if they have stiff, flat, C-line. I've got my backup that way from DGW not so long ago.

Where would you suggest getting some flat C-line FDs? I am in Manhattan, KS, there are no good disc golf stores, so I'm pretty much limited to online. I am from KC where there are some amazing disc golf stores, but I don't see myself heading home anytime soon.

And with the S-lines, would you recommend either more dome? or less dome? or is that more personal preference?

The flat ones pop up in the MP also, I've found a couple that way. As far as dome goes, how different do you want it to be from your C line? A flat C won't turn, so base your choice off of that. I've have a few S lines and they are all pretty similar in flight regardless of small dome differences.

I've never seen a really flat S line though, that would be fun to throw.

Was this at La Loma? What holes would you use the Jackal on?

It was at Micke Grove. At La Loma I'd probably throw it on Hole #3 in the front with the current set-up. Not sure about the back. I'll probably be going back to my Teebirds because they feel better in the hand, but an FD would work well on any hole that you typically throw a fairway driver on:) Sweet disc!

It was at Micke Grove. At La Loma I'd probably throw it on Hole #3 in the front with the current set-up. Not sure about the back. I'll probably be going back to my Teebirds because they feel better in the hand, but an FD would work well on any hole that you typically throw a fairway driver on:) Sweet disc!

Cool. Micke was installed after I moved so I haven't played it yet. I don't really have a 'fairway' driver right now. I want something straight to fit in between a Buzzz and Avenger. Like for holes 3 and 10 on the back. Straight without the fade that would make it skip it across the path.
I just started throwing a glow Teebird (Windjammer stamped!), but it is pretty LSS so far. I'll probably check one out. Thanks!

I wouldn't call a C-FD straight. Mine is just as LSS as a Teebird. I've never thrown an S-FD, but that might work better for you. A TL, or a Champ/Star Leo would be my suggestion for straight out of the box.

Latest posts