• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

got a gline, after two rounds it has replaced my roadrunner as the roller. Its sweet. Anyone else throwing this shot? I have had great results with rhfh amd rhbh rollers, 175 g-line green stock circle stamp fd

I am currently carrying a C, G and S line FD for my fairway setup. For the most part, I really like the flight path of my G. It's a bit domier than other G's I've had, so it doesn't turn as much as the previous one's. I do however roll an FD, but it's my 3 year old thrashed S-Line. I am sure the G will get there sooner rather than later, given it's propensity to break in quickly.

Lots of pages so I am sure this has been asked already but how do the stability of s line and g line compare? I have a first run c line FD that has moderate turn followed by moderate fade. I am looking for an FD that turns over and stays that way without burning.

Lots of pages so I am sure this has been asked already but how do the stability of s line and g line compare? I have a first run c line FD that has moderate turn followed by moderate fade. I am looking for an FD that turns over and stays that way without burning.

G Line has more turn compared with S Line, in my limited experience. S-Line flies more like you describe your 1st run C-Line: moderate turn and fade, basically a tight S-curve at my distance.

G Line has more turn compared with S Line, in my limited experience. S-Line flies more like you describe your 1st run C-Line: moderate turn and fade, basically a tight S-curve at my distance.

This. But it's not going to turn and hold out of the box, it'll need some wear.

There are D-FDs on the Discmania Store that are out of the box understable, but they are less than durable. I'm lobbying hard for P-line FDs for this slot.

I'm more looking for something that will wear in to hold an anhyzer. I throw mainly s line plastic at this time. I may just pick up a low 170 s line and beat it up.

I may take a hard (xt like?) P-FD until a G-FD Breaks in enough. I worry they would get a little to unpredictable beat in. I am sure there is a sweet spot for some great control rollers though.

I'm more looking for something that will wear in to hold an anhyzer. I throw mainly s line plastic at this time. I may just pick up a low 170 s line and beat it up.

Oh well if you're looking to hold an anny as opposed to a turnover thrown flat, then yeah an S or G on the lighter side should work.

That's what has to be done. I would even just get max. That disc is well worth the time and effort to beat in :)
I may take a hard (xt like?) P-FD until a G-FD Breaks in enough. I worry they would get a little to unpredictable beat in. I am sure there is a sweet spot for some great control rollers though.
X-line for the win. I'm Down with p-line too though, one could never have enough plastic options for the fd :hfive:

Been meaning to try these out for a year now but was always put off by the dome these have. Recently went to Infinite and thumbed through what they had. Left with the domiest GLine and the only 2nd run C they had.

My old setup was Banshee/Eagle L. Not sure about the CLine so much right now but I think I prefer the G to the Eagles I have been throwing. Really just an effortless disc.

Anyone thumb these much? I see that as the only place I would straight up prefer a Banshee over a stable fd/fd2, but I didn't wanna try that out much on a new disc I'm not sure I am keeping. I didn't throw into wind but that CLine was definitely stable enough for what I throw my Banshees for.

Really surprised I like a domey disc that much though.

Fondled some S-line FD's with the new stamp today and they felt great! Most S-FD's have been pretty domey and in slick and pretty stiff star plastic. I bought one to try out last summer and loved the flight. Now, these ones felt nicer in the hand, less dome and a tad more flexible plastic with better grip. I might buy one and see how it beats up. I'm thinking it would probably pair up well with a Champ Teebird.

What are your experiences with S-FD's? Has there been variation in the molding and the way they fly? I've read about the differences between the different runs of C-line but I know nothing about different runs of S-line. I'm sorry if this has been explained a dozen times before already..

My experience is that there's very little variance in S FDs, all I've owned have looked and flew the same - nice dome and easy hyzerflips.

All s-fd's seem to be very close in terms of dome. It is just one of the things that you overlook when throwing that particular disc. The c-lines can get fairly different. The second runs are the most beautiful disc ever created (I have a stack that will take years to work through). It is flat and gives you a nice long flight with generous fade. The plastic is hard as a rock and is crystal clear with bubbles in the rim. The third runs to current were in JL plastic. They are very gummy and provide nice grip. They will flip up to flat then have some turn followed by a fade almost back to center. It can cycle through to the starting point of s-line. The d-line doesn't have a spot in my bag. It's almost an off the shelf roller unless given a generous hyzer angle then still flips up and turns finishing right. Feel free to message with any questions about the runs.

Last edited:
I just got three matching 3rd run C's off facebook for a fair price. I like the stableness of the 2nd runs, but already have PD's in the bag. The 3rd runs are perfect to fill the slightly understable driver role in my bag. I am stoked to have figured this slot out (the XL was almost perfect for this role, but was harder to find individual discs that I loved between the dozens and dozens of runs.)

I bag pd's as well but I use them for shots I can't hit with the fd. I don't throw a lot of high speed discs because I feel I can get adequate distance out of what I throw. How far do you push the fd and pd?

True golf D
FD 375
PD 425

I throw G and P Pds as well as C and S. The G and P PD in particular power down so well they flip up to flat and holds straight with minimal fade all the way down to 300' if I want, while retaining good high speed stability. I carry a lot of PD's as they are also my forehand disc of choice.
Forehand distance is PD 350, FD 300. I will forehand an FD if I have to hit a gap I don't want to RHBH a mid down for whatever reason, but I cannot risk finishing right, but I do not forehand my FD's much.
For what its worth, I have not owned a 2nd run FD, but I have thrown them and they are sweet. Honestly if I did not forehand the PD so much, I may carry a 2nd run FD instead of a PD or two.

I do also carry a couple warp speed drivers for when I don't want to kill a PD to get there.

Latest posts