• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

You are about the same distance as me. I used to cycle through p-line pd's until the g-line came out. It's sweet. I carry a beat s-line td rush for those crazy shots where everyone asks what I just threw lol. They pair well with the pd when new for extra range on tailwinds. If you want to try a 2nd run let me know. There's a few at pias in the 167-172g range for about $17

Thanks for the info guys! I'm a little surprised that there isn't a lot of variance with S-FD's in terms of plastic feel, shape and/or flight. These ones felt much better and I really like the new stamp they have but that's just me. Waiting for PD's to come out with that stamp as well.

I went and bought it today.. One of them, an orange 166g was champystar plastic.

BQRrXtOC4g6Q6xe_kTNCQt2BGkU1-XZKouTWKsQWH0w

Edit: Where's the damn photo I tried to link here... let's try again.

Last edited:
Frisbeepoint, Helsinki, Finland. Quite far away from SoCal. I think I will be throwing this one during the winter instead of my seasoned Teebird. It was flying sweet today.

You are about the same distance as me. I used to cycle through p-line pd's until the g-line came out. It's sweet. I carry a beat s-line td rush for those crazy shots where everyone asks what I just threw lol. They pair well with the pd when new for extra range on tailwinds. If you want to try a 2nd run let me know. There's a few at pias in the 167-172g range for about $17

I have a couple g-lines as well. I am a little worried I will feel they are too soft in the summer, but we will see. Its amazing how close they fly to a fresh P-Line. I have one I bag when I don't have a fresh P-Line, but none of them get seasoned fast enough because there isn't much on my local courses I cannot reach on a hyzer (which I prefer the C line) or a mid. The holes that cannot be easily reached with a hyzer I am probably thowing a Giant or a world, because everything is so open.
The tourney I just played, especially the first round before the wind picked up, my P-lines got a lot of tee shots. I only pulled the warp speed drivers for 3 holes of 20 and one was because the wind.

Now I think about it, a second run may be good for trips to lower elevations..

It's always a good one to have. I really enjoy the p-lines but I hate having to continue trying to flatten it back out after a couple rounds. Sometimes I'll pull it out of the bag and it's lopsided

I was throwing a few g-stars last summer and they didn't get too floppy. I did bag all vibram when it came out too though so my views may be semi biased as far as gummy discs go. The g-line seems to give you that extra hard snap

I like stiff plastic generally. I was always a big fan of the early Z plastic. That said my fresher P-PDs are on the softer side and I will likely have no issue adjusting to the G if it gets a little softer.

I realized recently that I miss my FDs. I still bag them, but I hadn't been throwing them much on account of getting more distance out of my Hatchet or Insanity.

So, I went out for a round with FDs (S and 2nd run C) as my only drivers today. It was like riding a bike.

The S-Line is my bread and butter. It just goes...long...with ease. And I discovered that I might be able to use it to smooth out my form and get my throw a little more flat than the hyzer I've been predominantly using lately. Flat tosses were just going dead straight with a tiny fade, as always.

The C-Line is super reliable and gives me a nice skip when I need it. No need for much that is more overstable.

And the best part: I was getting the S-Line out as far as I had been getting my Hatchets recently. Not sure if that is a testament to my form, the disc, or both, but it certainly means more FD-only rounds to come.

Sorry, just a little FD love on a Thursday night. Might be my all-time favorite.

Just got my first C-Line FD in the mail today, picked up a nice one from Brodysseus.

Cant wait to try it out this weekend :thmbup:.

I still want to grab an S-Line just for the Jackal stamp and a little more understable-ness than what I am predicting the C-Line will possibly have for a noodle arm.

Last edited:
^^Said to be feeling and flying similarly to 1st runs. Can't remember which social media site I saw the comment on. Instagram maybe? Either way, sounds tasty.

Latest posts