• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

This is why most of my discs are hot pink

I try to get bright colors: chartreuse (bright glow yellow), bright orange, bright pink, white, light blue. Champion discs are great in bright pink and medium to light blue. The only red or black discs I have are putting putters, and I have no purple discs.

5th run C-PD. they are bombers.

these are among the most popular runs because they closely mimic super beat in champion teebirds (like teebirds that people have seasoned for years) but have even more glide right out of the box.

if you have a lot of power (like 450ft power or Eagle McMahon power) they can be flippy out of the box, but even simon lizotte bagged 5th runs for a long time (and used them for normal shots).

i've gone through two 5th run C-PD's and I love them. they are the first drivers where I was totally confident throwing max weight and not afraid of losing potential distance. it took two seasons of playing in the woods to get to the point where the 5th runs were a little too flippy /squirrelly.

they are right in between beefy champion leopards and flippy seasoned champion teebirds.

I have a new 6th run and will be trying it out soon. they're flatter/less domey but supposedly still fly true to flight numbers.

Good to know. I picked up a * Sidewinder instead for bomber turnover and faster fairway hyzer flip shots, since I didn't see this post. The huge dome on these FD's is a little weird in my grip, but if I lose my seasoned Teebird then I'll know to pick one of these up since the store has a stack.

I try to get bright colors: chartreuse (bright glow yellow), bright orange, bright pink, white, light blue. Champion discs are great in bright pink and medium to light blue. The only red or black discs I have are putting putters, and I have no purple discs.

I do my best to keep my discs bright, but I also don't want to pay full price to try something out. So... red S-line it is. Not TOO bad. I once saw a coffee colored transparent Champion disc in a used bin. That's about as bad as it gets, IMO, or maybe camouflage.

I currently have 4 yellow, 4 orange, 3 red, one screaming pink, 1 white with a dyed design, and 2 pink putters. Color is pretty far up in my criteria for purchase.

In any case, the FD got no work today. It was super windy.

Good to know. I picked up a * Sidewinder instead for bomber turnover and faster fairway hyzer flip shots, since I didn't see this post. The huge dome on these FD's is a little weird in my grip, but if I lose my seasoned Teebird then I'll know to pick one of these up since the store has a stack.

FYI our newest run of the C-LINE FD and the Metal Flake FD are flat but still have the traditional C-LINE FD flight (not counting the 2nd run of course)

So, after airing my FD disc out, to help remove the smoker smell...

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124337

And having given the Cryztal Stalker a shot, I think I'm going back to the FD as my neutral Fairway Driver. I may keep the Stalker in the bag, try to beat it in a little, see if i can get it to act more neutral.

But for now, the 'Angry Kitten' wins the slot! :D

The Angry Kitten is a good name!

Have you guys seen the luster stuff coming out for our 10 Year Anniversary? I can tell you that there will be FD's :)

Have you guys seen the luster stuff coming out for our 10 Year Anniversary? I can tell you that there will be FD's "

[when and where might I ask.

Here in the south we call the Jackal stamp the "Rabid Raccoon".

Definitely one of my all time faves for stock stamps! :thmbup:

Have you guys seen the luster stuff coming out for our 10 Year Anniversary? I can tell you that there will be FD's "

[when and where might I ask.

I cant release the time yet... but it will be on the Discmania Store. There are retailer only 10 year discs out there right now too that we will not have but you can find in stores :)

Here in the south we call the Jackal stamp the "Rabid Raccoon".

Definitely one of my all time faves for stock stamps! :thmbup:

That's a good one too!

Finally got around to ordering a couple metal flake fds, nice and flat and feel great. Can't wait to toss them this weekend. How are these fitting in to everybody's rotation?

Finally got around to ordering a couple metal flake fds, nice and flat and feel great. Can't wait to toss them this weekend. How are these fitting in to everybody's rotation?

Haven't tried the Metal Flake FDs... and eagerly awaiting your report on them. I *am* liking my new S-Line FD...

Sweet! Yeah, I have really gotten into Fairway drivers this last year. I established that a Fresh max wt teebird or Teebird3 is gonna be my stable/slightly-overstable fairway (no question) and my understable is gonna be the Patriot. BUT I wanted to find the straight one. I actually found that I like several molds for that role, all different, yet all very similar, but the FD was a pleasant surprise. Excellent disc, only downfall.....so glidey it almost goes TOO far sometimes....that may sound like a GOOD thing, but yeah FD's are super nice, especially on a calm day or a wooded course

So let us know how the flat MF's fly!

FD, TL, F5, Crave - I like em all.

Does anybody know what run the S-line FDs are with the Oreo stamp? I picked up a red and it is money. Flies stable with slight fade - just like a fresh swirly S-line

Finally got a chance to throw my metal flake today. Brand new I'd say pretty true to the numbers. Just a hint of turn and a very mild fade. I typically don't like domey discs, they do tend to glide more and seem to fly slower. This fd felt like it was faster. It will make a great tandem with my second run. My only fear though is that after some seasoning it will be fairly understable. Not necessarily a bad thing. I threw a 6th run next to it and the sixth run was slightly more resistant to turn and had a bit more fade. The metal flake will definitely make the bag though.

Does anybody know what run the S-line FDs are with the Oreo stamp? I picked up a red and it is money. Flies stable with slight fade - just like a fresh swirly S-line

Perhaps someone else can correct me, but I don't think they've ever distinguished runs of the S-FDs. They've all been relatively consistent.

Perhaps someone else can correct me, but I don't think they've ever distinguished runs of the S-FDs. They've all been relatively consistent.

I haven't heard anything about the different runs of sFDs either, but I can't say I agree with them being consistent across runs. I got an old stiff swirly one with Jackal stamp which started out pretty much like a star teebird. My fresh shield stamp sFD has a small turn out of the box. It's quite a bit less stable than the old one was when it was new

Does anyone find their second run FDs to overlap with PDs?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Does anyone find their second run FDs to overlap with PDs?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

yeah that's why i dropped my 2nd run c FD.

it's a wonderful disc. they are like broken in glide-y brinster teebirds for me (overstable fairways that can handle a ton of torque and good in wind).

that really overlapps with my PD (brinster teebirds and 2nd run fd). so i dropped them and stuck with any other run of c fd (which are very similar).

it helped me to have the fd and pd with clearly defined roles and simplified my bag.