• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

Been bagging a swirly for a couple months and I'll say they are a tick and a half less stable than a 2nd run. I have a couple dozen FDs and they are the most HSS outside of 2nd runs. Pretty happy with my fairway lineup of the new C-FD2, swirly FD and a seasoned S-FD. Swirly holds up great for FH.

I've been loving my NS2 FD (the first FD I bought) but lately I've found myself wishing for something to fill the slot between a beat up DX teebird and the NS2. Our local shop has some luster C-line FD's with mini bar stamp as well as G and S lines with their stamp on them.

Would any of those 3 be a good fit between the beat teebird and NS2?

For reference I'm throwing the teebird/NS2 around 300-340' the teebird needs a fair bit of room to work left then back to a few feet left of center (LHBH) while the NS2 goes straight then hyzers very reliably to the right. I guess the shot I'm imagining is if I had more power and could flip the NS2 up or get a bit of turn out of it before it fades.

I've been loving my NS2 FD (the first FD I bought) but lately I've found myself wishing for something to fill the slot between a beat up DX teebird and the NS2. Our local shop has some luster C-line FD's with mini bar stamp as well as G and S lines with their stamp on them.

For reference I'm throwing the teebird/NS2 around 300-340' the teebird needs a fair bit of room to work left then back to a few feet left of center (LHBH) while the NS2 goes straight then hyzers very reliably to the right. I guess the shot I'm imagining is if I had more power and could flip the NS2 up or get a bit of turn out of it before it fades.

Probably a non swirly S line or an older C line.

Luster isn't a bad option especially if you get one in the 167-169 weight range.

Luster's are a flippier run and are probably exactly what you're looking for.

Thank you for the recommendation, I've been loving the Luster FD, it's become the go to fairway in my bag and probably the most used disc off the tee the last 2 months.

I'm not sure if it's just because I'm using the luster so much and getting used to the lower fade that has or what, but I could almost swear my NS2 is getting more stable as it breaks in. It's not really thunderbird stable. But you could make the argument for baby thunderbird I think.

Anyone notice the recent runs of S-line are higher PLH and more overstable than older jackal-stamp runs? I have a couple swirly S-lines, which were advertised as more overstable, but also a few of the most recent non-swirly run. Closer to a Teebird than my older S-lines have been.

I'm down to 1 of the older S-lines, I think I'm going to have to find an alternate disc at this point for the stable to slightly understable slot. Frustrating because I have been really relying on the FD as a workhorse. I was so excited when I saw they were back in stock too...

I have plenty of options for overstable and even straight with late fade/dump.

FD had the spot with a bit of turn plus very little fade with long glide for straight long tunnel shots....now I may have to look at TL3 for this...

FD had the spot with a bit of turn plus very little fade with long glide for straight long tunnel shots....now I may have to look at TL3 for this...

those will fly just like an FD in my opinion. Maybe a Leo3? or the origin from discmania.

Going to try an Opto River and Star Leo3 for this slot.

Is a TL3 less overstable than a TL? I've only tried a couple TL's but they were both much closer to a Teebird than what I am looking for.

Theoretically it should be the same thing, trading speed for glide, or rather, a flatter top for speed. The difference in each run and how the plastic has cooled will probably make more of an impact than the differing molds.

Leo3 is surprisingly stable out of the box. Opto River flies like it has -1 to -1.5 turn and 0 to .5 fade.

Going to try an Opto River and Star Leo3 for this slot.

Is a TL3 less overstable than a TL? I've only tried a couple TL's but they were both much closer to a Teebird than what I am looking for.

Yes, for me they are - especially in the Gstar plastic. Another possibility may be a Streamline Drift...

I had a TL3 and a TL. Also the Leo and the Leo3.

I say "had" because I found a couple max weight P-line FDs and I've never thrown a straighter laser beam disc thus far. If you're looking for a long tunnel disc, that's the one right there. Freakishly straight forever with no fade. If you see them, buy them.

Also the NS1s are a bit more US fwiw.

Must be my lucky day. I managed to snag one and I only had to try three times before it stayed in my cart long enough to pay for it.

I should probably go buy a lottery ticket.

I was able to grab one as well. No issues at all. I think the one per customer thing helped.