• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania (FD) Jackal

Timko

* Ace Member *
The Fairway Driver (or FD) is set to be released in the early part of 2012. It will also be know as the Jackal, and will be a slightly understable fairway driver.

Here's a link to Discmania's post on their website about the disc: http://www.discmania.net/2011/11/14/fd-in-the-works/

Specs:
Outside diameter: 21.2 cm
Inside rim diameter: 17.5 cm
Height: 1.8 cm
Rim depth: 1.1 cm
Rim thickness: 1.8 cm
Flight plate thickness: 0.2 cm
Flight plate to rim plane distance: 1.6 cm
Flexibility rating: 9.53 kg
Rim configuration rating: 34.75
Maximum weight allowed: 176.0 g

Things I know:
* It's been described to me as a faster Teebird by someone who has thrown it.
* It does not have the TL or EL bottom.

Let the speculation begin!

I don't know. I'm hoping to get some more intel soon. Personally, I don't think you can't use those 2 terms together. But with limited information at the moment, I'll just repeat whatever is shown my way.

Trey133 said:
Timko said:
Things I know:
* It's been described to me as a faster Teebird by someone who has thrown it.

hahahahahaha!!!!!
This is Disc Golf GOLD for advertisement!

Luckily it's pretty easy to make a great fairway driver. Discmaniacs will scoop this thing up like crazy whether it's TB stable, TL stable, Leo stable, or anything between. They're squeezing it into a pretty small gap, but if they release it in P as well as S and C plastic it will be one of the few 16-20mm rimmed drivers available in those 3. I know there is a constant outcry for more fairway drivers in P/Pro plastic. In any event, I'm interested.

There hasn't really been a speed 7-8 understable control driver, this could fill the slot.

EDIT: Well, maybe the River...

jubuttib said:
There hasn't really been a speed 7-8 understable control driver, this could fill the slot.

TL, EL, XL, XS...

Leopard said:
Triflusal said:
jubuttib said:

TL, EL, XL, XS...
all a tick or two more stable than the Leo/RR

True, but a seasoned TL does what you tell it to.

Me: TL, turn right.

TL: Okay!

See what I mean?

Leopard said:
Triflusal said:
jubuttib said:

TL, EL, XL, XS...
all a tick or two more stable than the Leo/RR
I was assuming he was saying a control driver as understable as the river, which in my experience (I have throw three different opto rivers) are about the same as a TL, except less predictable

Jeronimo said:
Wouldn't a "faster teebird" equate to "Not a fairway driver"?

The speed of fairway drivers has slowly and subtly been redefined as distance drivers get faster.