• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania FD3

Did you see the EO VROCs they shipped? I had 5 of the clear ones and all of them were full of black specs and bubbles. I was surprised by it. Still a great disc.

S-Line Swirly FD3's are beefcakes guys. This may and probably will outright replace my Sexton Colorglow FB's. Pretty much the same disc, and I can get some extra money selling off the 2 I have to buy more DM :D Seriously try one out! That, and they are pretty discs.

Really enjoying the FD3. Don't always reach for it, but when I do, I know it's going to perform. I've been using it as a utility mold, and it's made it so that I don't need to carry an overstable putter or mid. I just use the FD3 on anything needing that kind of beef and back off on the power a bit.

Thanks to Discmania for providing me some review/giveaway discs. If you're interested, feel free to check out my full review:

Discmania FD3: Bacon saver

just got an FD3 to try and it looks and feels very similar to a thunderbird when comparing the profiles. I hope its more stable than my thunderbirds...

just got an FD3 to try and it looks and feels very similar to a thunderbird when comparing the profiles. I hope its more stable than my thunderbirds...

Don't worry, it is. FD3 is WAY closer to firebird than thunderbird

Haha, it is more stable. Don't worry.

I bag firebirds and thunderbirds. Would the fd3 kick one of the molds or do you think it could fit in? I have glow fb gstar fb and 2 champ thunderbirds one is really OS

I bag firebirds and thunderbirds. Would the fd3 kick one of the molds or do you think it could fit in? I have glow fb gstar fb and 2 champ thunderbirds one is really OS

Hmm. I could possibly fit in between or replace FB's depending on how stable those are.

More stable than the Thunderbirds- It's going to be more stable than a G star FB for sure

I am not sure on the Glow FB, but I would give the FD3 a shot!

I kicked my thunderbirds out with an FD3. But I honestly wasn't really loving them when I made the change, so it didn't really "replace" that slot. It did other stuff better, and I found myself not needing the thunderbird really.

Lol good to know, hoping to get some throws in with it today.

How are people liking it for overhand? Anyone finding it overlap with their overstable PD's?

Results!!

I got some solid throwing in today with my thunderbirds, FD3, Firebirds, and an H3.

The FD3 is pretty close to my champ thunderbirds, but its a bit more HSS. If i throw it hard with a slight any it will pretty much pop up flat and then fade out hard at the end. Throwing my champ thunderbirds that way will cause them to drift right a bit and fade out at the end and definitely go further.

The FD3 and my champ thunderbirds are most similar on a hyzer line, but the FD3 will dump out a little sooner and has just a bit more fade.

Comparing the FD3 to my champ firebird, its not even close. The champ firebird (not FAF) is easily more overstable and shorter, but that makes sense.

side note, the H3 was basically the same as my champ thunderbirds.