• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania Lite Basket

Damn. Discmania knocked it out of the park on this except for that darn base. replace the circle base with a three leg fold up mach lite style base and this would more or less be a perfect practice basket.

I've been using mine for about 4000 putts. All indoors.

It catches really nice and for the money it's a great practice basket (I payed 80 EUR for it).
My only complaint is the quality of the chains. The ends of individual links are just bent together and not welded. This means there are lots of rough edges:
HWojq6A.png

My practice putters have lots of little dings now which wouldn't be there if the chain quality was better I'm pretty sure... They are actually more like small sharp cuts than dings and I don't see such damage from expensive baskets. So I don't really want to use my main putter until I replace the chains. Might not be a problem for you, though. I still use my practice putters and my game has improved a lot so I'm happy :)

I got a DM Lite Basket this year for christmas.
My first impression was positive overall, as it catches quite well, is fast to assemble and pretty easy to transport.
Only negative points were spit-outs on fast/hard putts, some flaking of the finish after a few putts and the welding
points, which appear a bit thin.
In my eyes this basket is outstanding for the price (about 80$) yet i am a little concerned about the long-time durability.
As i want to make this basket last for a long time and maybe improve its ability on catching discs, i would like to
know if anyone of you came up with useful modifications on this one.

Thank you

Anyone know a good way to modify or add chains for this to catch better/not spit out?

I added 9 rows of chains to my Discatcher Sport by going to TrueValue and found chain that was close to original. They cut them to length for me. I paid them for an extra foot of chain for their trouble and the waste created. The chain that I bought was welded, but not quite as smooth of welds as the original. The welds were smooth enough that I don't get much damage to my putters and the difference in disc catching is significant.

Last edited:

Latest posts