• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania Prototype January 2016 (DDX)

Hope it improves upon a workhorse slot.

A flat topped process mega beef utility driver would convert a lot of throwers IMO. Heck! Charge an extra dollar for garunteed FT and the whole faf firebird market would take a hit.

Wouldn't a tern x be a destroyer or teedevil? (Never thrown a tern FYI)

Excited to see what this is, I swear as discmaniacs we have to excersice much more patience than others for mold releases.. It always feels big :)

There is now.
The description is going to be hard to live up to but if it does...
For anyone wondering:

from the CEO - Jussi Meresmaa on Instagram!
NEW Discmania driver going out for approval. I predict that this disc will be one strong candidate for the Disc of the Year 2016. We have been collaborating with Innova for 10 years and pulling out quality plastic and timeless molds. This disc can rival all our drivers, even the PD. Release later this Spring. Can't wait! BOOM!

For anyone wondering:

from the CEO - Jussi Meresmaa on Instagram!
NEW Discmania driver going out for approval. I predict that this disc will be one strong candidate for the Disc of the Year 2016. We have been collaborating with Innova for 10 years and pulling out quality plastic and timeless molds. This disc can rival all our drivers, even the PD. Release later this Spring. Can't wait! BOOM!

The only thing that says is that it's a driver......

I think they may finally attempt to make a disc to fill their destroyer gap. Everyone is always asking "what is the least stable pd2 I can buy" because they don't have the slot that the destroyer fills. The DD2 feels gross in the hand and is less stable than a destroyer.

I suppose every manufacturer does need a destroyer type disc. I'm still not sure I'd call yet another destroyer clone "disc of the year" but I guess we'll see.

I'm hoping it's like the 2-run FD. Before you say that's why the fd2 is for, just stop because we all know they are glideless in comparison to the 2nd runs.

I'm pretty sure they don't have a 2nd run mold that's different than the other runs. I think it had to do with factors surrounding the cooling process...or something like that. I'm pretty sure it's just one mold for all runs.

The rim in the picture looks like speed 10/11.

It's said to rival the PD.

It's coming out first in S Line. (assumed because the protos are S)

So I can't see this being a really overstable driver - or else they would release it in C Line first.

Nor a really flippy one - flippy can't rival a PD.

I still think it'll be called a CD3. PD3 should signify something stupid OS. Same with FD4.

But what slot hasn't been filled by Innova and Discmania already?

Unless....

Discmania is going rogue....

Nah.

The rim in the picture looks like speed 10/11.

It's said to rival the PD.

It's coming out first in S Line. (assumed because the protos are S)

So I can't see this being a really overstable driver - or else they would release it in C Line first.

Nor a really flippy one - flippy can't rival a PD.

I still think it'll be called a CD3. PD3 should signify something stupid OS. Same with FD4.

But what slot hasn't been filled by Innova and Discmania already?

Unless....

Discmania is going rogue....

Nah.

I get the impression at this point DM is mainly worried about filling their own gaps/needs of the pro's, versus what Innova has. DM has the luxury of taking parts of existing discs and making them better. This disc should be exciting!