• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania Prototype January 2016 (DDX)

Agree with some earlier comments that it looks speed 10/11ish to me. Maybe a slightly more understable PD or DD? A longer FD basically? Could be something Krait-like.

10-11/5/-1/1 ?

I agree that the rim width looks like it's about 20-21mm. The shoulder looks like the shoulder of a Roadrunner, so I'm guessing that this is some kind of understable control / distance driver

im guessing a stable-overstable speed 11 disc for people to slot between their pd's and pd2's. right now they have the cd as their only speed 11 and it only has 2 as the fade number, which is slightly straight. i could see this having number like 11/4/0/3, or 11/4/0/4. basically a less glidey, more controllable, and more overstable CD. call it the PD3 and people will eat these up.

Last edited:
im guessing a stable-overstable speed 11 disc for people to slot between their pd's and pd2's. right now they have the cd as their only speed 11 and it only has 2 as the fade number, which is slightly straight. i could see this having number like 11/4/0/3, or 11/4/0/4. basically a less glidey, more controllable, and more overstable CD. call it the PD3 and people will eat these up.

I'm pretty sure they already released the exact disc you describe; it's the new PDX. This proto is something different.

I'm pretty sure they don't have a 2nd run mold that's different than the other runs. I think it had to do with factors surrounding the cooling process...or something like that. I'm pretty sure it's just one mold for all runs.

2Nd runs have an experimental plastic blend that is firmer and heavier than regular champ or JL (c-line) they had to add bubbles in the rim(a new the technology at the time) to bring them down yo weight. That much I know for sure. I'd guess the denser material cooled at a different rate than the traditional C-line and that is what caused the variation in shape. But yeah, a S-line 2nd [C-line] run is not a thing that would be possible. It'd be more likely that they TRY to recreate the 2nd runs in a limited batch. That being said, it'd be really cool if this new proto is meant to be a big brother to the FD. Sorta like a nicely seasoned P-pd, not too beat; but in C-line.

What I'm really hoping for is a speed 12 TD with a convex rim.
That's what I've been hoping/thinking.

Once again for the record, CD3 is my guess.
2Nd runs have an experimental plastic blend that is firmer and heavier than regular champ or JL (c-line) they had to add bubbles in the rim(a new the technology at the time) to bring them down yo weight. That much I know for sure. I'd guess the denser material cooled at a different rate than the traditional C-line and that is what caused the variation in shape. But yeah, a S-line 2nd [C-line] run is not a thing that would be possible. It'd be more likely that they TRY to recreate the 2nd runs in a limited batch. That being said, it'd be really cool if this new proto is meant to be a big brother to the FD. Sorta like a nicely seasoned P-pd, not too beat; but in C-line.
That's good to know. Thanks for passing that along.

What I'm really hoping for is a speed 12 TD with a convex rim.

Agreed.

Trying to figure out what he means by "This disc can rival all our drivers, even the PD." I wonder if he is talking about the potential likability among the throwers or if he is talking about flight? If it is the former, I think it may mean that it is a disc that golfers of all distance ranges will enjoy, which means it might less stable; If it is the latter, it may be stable like the PD and share it's flight characteristics.

Destroyer clone? Can't imagine its be a tern clone. I'd guess a slightly less stable PD2

I'm hoping it's a Destroyer like disc, not that I need any more Destroyers, but I'll buy 4 or 5. DD2 replaced my Boss as my #1 go to driver, a DS type DM driver may have that same effect.

I take the rivaling the PD comment to be about how it will be a sought after/loved mold where big and medium arms all like it. If it's going to be a "disc of the year" candidate it needs mass appeal like the Thunderbird. I'm guessing it's going to be their Destroyer as well. The PD2 takes over the OS Destroyer needs, and the DD2 has lots of versatility depending on plastic and wear, but it's also got a wide rim and shallow. A proper 12/5/-1/3 type disc in flight would be perfect (no matter what they stamp on it).

If it's a destroyer it's most likely going to be too beefy unless they changed it somehow. The "accidental" pd topped destroyers that we're popping up in destroyer runs last year or so,we're pretty damn OS from what I recall.

With the destroyer being very popular,I have a feeling it will be that. Though I hope it will be the speed 12 td with a convex rim I've been wanting.

If it's a destroyer it's most likely going to be too beefy unless they changed it somehow. The "accidental" pd topped destroyers that we're popping up in destroyer runs last year or so,we're pretty damn OS from what I recall.

^this... Those destroyers are straight beef. If it turns out like that it's basically no different than a Pd2