• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania TDx

Sidewinders are great - they have that drifting turn, instead of burning and cut rolling. Not sure why DM felt the need to fill that gap though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sidewinders are great - they have that drifting turn, instead of burning and cut rolling. Not sure why DM felt the need to fill that gap though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eagle needed a new roller disc? There was some talk that he and Simon had to give up the cross-over molds from Innova if I recall correctly.

My experience with SWs are that they even more inconsistent than other molds. There was a really dependable run many years ago of swirly light purple ones but once all 3 of mine were lost I switched to a beat champ Beast.

*deleted initial speculation*

lesson of the day - read before posting

Eagle needed a new roller disc? There was some talk that he and Simon had to give up the cross-over molds from Innova if I recall correctly..

I don't think they HAD to give up the Innova discs; they're just encouraged to throw Discmania if they can. Having said that, i think you've had a good thought that this might have been created for Eagle and Simon to use as a roller disc.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWYB35VB5i1/

Def. a convex wing shape a la TD and FD. The first few throws it felt like a longer FD (which I had with me to compare). I know same has been said about the CD2 but to me that is a different disc altogether, more driver-y than the FD and now the TDX. I gotta say that I was pretty tired and did not get a full power pull on any of the shots to really know the stability. More testing will ensue.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWYB35VB5i1/

Def. a convex wing shape a la TD and FD. The first few throws it felt like a longer FD (which I had with me to compare). I know same has been said about the CD2 but to me that is a different disc altogether, more driver-y than the FD and now the TDX. I gotta say that I was pretty tired and did not get a full power pull on any of the shots to really know the stability. More testing will ensue.

Ohhhhhh. That stamp is siiiiiiick! :D

Eagle needed a new roller disc? There was some talk that he and Simon had to give up the cross-over molds from Innova if I recall correctly.

My experience with SWs are that they even more inconsistent than other molds. There was a really dependable run many years ago of swirly light purple ones but once all 3 of mine were lost I switched to a beat champ Beast.

I thought Eagle threw d or p line fd's for rollers.

4) As we get older our noodle arms will need that -3 :D

Omf....Your right. Ive lost about 20 more feet of D. Combine getting old with not playing as much anymore.. Im about to make some Mambas look like Destroyers. Jeez..

I thought Eagle threw d or p line fd's for rollers.

D line fds were absolute trash. Even for a chucker like myself. No way either of them are taming one for rollers.

I don't think they HAD to give up the Innova discs; they're just encouraged to throw Discmania if they can. Having said that, i think you've had a good thought that this might have been created for Eagle and Simon to use as a roller disc.

Varies contract to contract. Simon can't throw anything besides Discmania, Eagle can (e.g. gator, max).

More throws today with better snap. I got to say this thing is almost identical in flight and shape to my Luster FD. I should think even my mediocre form would produce more turn if it really was -3 (as opposed to -1 for the FD). The facebooks say domey ones would be more stable but I have only this one. Some dome on it for sure, but not a whole lot.

Somehow it also feels slower than lets say a CD2 even though they are both speed 9 and the rim on the TDx is even a 0.1cm wider! But who knows - The FD is speed 7 at 1.8 and the PD whole 3 notches faster at 1.9 so go figure :) Aaaanyways. Not a bad disc, quite the straight flyer and tons of control. I just have such a good thing going with the swirly S-CD2 especially as the bagged one beats in, that I have no urge to rock the boat. Seriously, sometimes I outdrive everything else with that thing.

wow that was sweet drone footage. Nice. And for some reason you running reminded me of Zelda Ocarina of time when I had to run to Lake Hylia and it took forever ---eponas song yo

Latest posts