• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania TDx

Completely disagree. Loved the cinematics. As a disc review video, sure get to the point and be done with it, however, that video I so much more. The progressive drone angles and narrative of birdying a giant hole on a beautiful day in a bucolic meadow up the ante of what's possible in disc golf media. This could be the biggest thing in disc golf videos since ccdg commentary.

Thanks guys. Criticism is always welcome. I thought it was pretty evident that the motif of the video was a little different than your usual review video. I did add comments today for a written opinion of the disc. Will keep trying different things in the future too. Without proper cameras and people to work them (preferably catch cam too) it is tough to get the flightpath to really show.

And agree on the drone video and its future in disc golf bit. Takes skill to do it properly, not just any schmoe that buys one can get good shots in (like with regular cameras either, as we know). And the good ones are not cheap. (luckily i didnt hit this one although it was close!)

At first I thought the shot of the first throw was going to be a total waste, but it was really cool to see the drone catch up to the disc and watch the fade. I think having two drones and editing the footage together to make one continuous shot would be so silky.

So....I got a red stock line s-TDx. It is in no way a -3 1. If anything, it flies like my really OS luster PDs. Zero turn whatsoever. Tons of fade. Pretty bummed :(

So....I got a red stock line s-TDx. It is in no way a -3 1. If anything, it flies like my really OS luster PDs. Zero turn whatsoever. Tons of fade. Pretty bummed :(

you suprised? the TD in its OG runs was like a pd too. def not a "turning driver"

Word is that the C-line test runs were actually the least stable. (as was the case with TDs too, now that I think about it). Time will tell. I agree, the stock and FR that I got, might be -1 or -1.5 but nowhere near a -3 either.

Word is that the C-line test runs were actually the least stable. (as was the case with TDs too, now that I think about it). Time will tell. I agree, the stock and FR that I got, might be -1 or -1.5 but nowhere near a -3 either.

Maybe I'll try and snag one of those, I generally prefer the discmania S line plastic. looking forward to them getting this sorted out :(

The naming convention drives me crazy. Traditionally, the x designation has been used to indicate that an x mold is more OS than the original. Based on the flight numbers given by Discmania in this case for the TDx, it is the opposite. Based on some of the initial reports on this thread, it sounds like it may indeed be more OS than the TD. Is it a TD2x? Does it turn? Does it fade hard? Who knows? What a mess! I won't be trying one of these anytime soon. The idea of a Discmania Sidewinder sounds good on paper but...man, do I miss the old S-Line TDs.

The naming convention drives me crazy. Traditionally, the x designation has been used to indicate that an x mold is more OS than the original. Based on the flight numbers given by Discmania in this case for the TDx, it is the opposite. Based on some of the initial reports on this thread, it sounds like it may indeed be more OS than the TD. Is it a TD2x? Does it turn? Does it fade hard? Who knows? What a mess! I won't be trying one of these anytime soon. The idea of a Discmania Sidewinder sounds good on paper but...man, do I miss the old S-Line TDs.

PD 10,4,0,3
PDx 11,4,0,3
PD2 12,5,0,4

DD 11,5,0,2
DDx 12,6,-1,2
DD2 13,5,-2,2

TD 10,5,-2,1
TDx 9/10,5,-3,1
TD2 10,6-4,2

From what I see here the x designation is for molds that fit between two of their original molds. I mean even the P1x fits between the P1 and the P2 even though I know that the x in its name is for a bead. Unfortunatley the series that could really use an x mold, the FD series (think 8,6,0,1.5 or somethng very close to it especially if it like that in C-Line) doesn't have one.

I haven't thrown my tdx a ton yet but mine flies like a fresh valk. Not really any flip, fairly fast with some glide. I ordered an orange in the upper 160s expecting it to maybe be too flippy.

To be fair though go grab a brand new champ sidewinder and throw it...they need some breaking in before they start holding a turn that the disc actually stays on. Just gotta throw some tomahawks with it and some rollers and it'll get there. It does feel good in the hand though.

I haven't thrown my tdx a ton yet but mine flies like a fresh valk. Not really any flip, fairly fast with some glide. I ordered an orange in the upper 160s expecting it to maybe be too flippy.

To be fair though go grab a brand new champ sidewinder and throw it...they need some breaking in before they start holding a turn that the disc actually stays on. Just gotta throw some tomahawks with it and some rollers and it'll get there. It does feel good in the hand though.

that may be a fair point, I haven't tried to introduce a new US disc to the bag for a while. I would have been less surprised if I got fresh valk flight but this thing is beefy. Maybe I'll go give it some thumbs and report back.

Old S lines ruled.

The old ones didn't really turn at all until they were pretty worn, but made for laser straight bombers that were long for the speed.

Newer tds supposedly actually turn, I haven't thrown a newer one yet though.

The old ones didn't really turn at all until they were pretty worn, but made for laser straight bombers that were long for the speed.

Newer tds supposedly actually turn, I haven't thrown a newer one yet though.

yeah my first STD :D was not showing much turn, I still bag it its a $ disc but I got some newer ones that fly more like a Star Roadrunner. The old one I have is so nice slight turn 80% of the flight when you crank on it then fades back, it was great for long tunnel shots, newer STDs just don't cut it, I grabbed a S-CD and hopefully when that beats in it will be a lot like the STD I first had.

Sooooo...these are understable/stable/overstable? I have a light S-line coming Monday, was curious of what people are thinking of them now that they've been out for a while. I read the whole thread; Do they need a good beat-in to fly like the numbers suggest or did you guys give up on them?

Latest posts