• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania - X

That's what I'm wondering. I really love my Nova, but I've heard some people say the P1X kicked their Nova out of the bag. I use my Nova for straight/turnover drives and approaches so I'm wondering how the P1X does in those roles over time. Specifically the X-line.

I've been using my X almost exclusively for approaches and short tee shots the past couple weeks and its really starting to fly like a regular P1 but with a more comfortable feel in the hand. With the wear I've put on it it still holds up to some power but now will every so slowly try to roll out of a hyzer. 5 or 10 degrees of tilt generally keeps it laser straight, any more and I get a beautiful soft hyzer, any less and I can get smooth annys. The little fade it started with is slowly starting to wear away as well.

I don't hate them. Crap.
Got two x-out x-lines. They feel awesome...kind of like a smaller Yeti. Interesting though that the x-line is definitely softer than the XT Aviar p&as that I've got.

Little bit of garage putting with the blue one and it's pretty much what you guys are saying. Glidey and straight, less fade than a Yeti. It seems to float/glide a bit more than the XT Aviar too, which I like. I could swap these in as my putters immediately.

So now we have to spam discmania to run more concave ones.

And I have to find someone to trade this unthrown 175g red one to. Any other color...even down to 170. I just don't like red. (I know, I know...I'll post in the MP eventually.)

Hit basket with my x line today and am really really loving it for upshots. I can't wait for it to beat in a little and straighten right out.

I got mine today too. I only spent about 10min putting with them, but definitely what I was hoping for. Still had a little fade at the end, but not nearly as harsh as the Yetis that I normally putt with. And I also took them out to the park for some tosses. Really impressed with the neutral flight, even with me trying to crank on it and trying to turn it over...

I just find it hard to believe that Discmania wouldn't want to continue making these Puddle Tops!

Any word on whether the X outs will appear again. Also, I have been putting with and throwing the X's Do the D's have the puddle top and is it just standard DX?

Bit the bullet and put in an order for two max weight X-lines. Over the last year I realized I was more of a flat/anhyzer putter than I was a hyzer putter. If these don't work out as a straighter putter than my McPro Aviars, I'll turn then into straight/anhyzer approach discs. Win-win.

Any word on whether the X outs will appear again. Also, I have been putting with and throwing the X's Do the D's have the puddle top and is it just standard DX?

Im not sure what you mean by standard dx as that blend changes a bit from run to run, but the d p1xs are similar feeling to the first run D-P2s that a lot of discmania pros, including Jussi, putt with. Pliable, but not floppy soft by any stretch of the imagination. I havent used them in hot weather yet, but they dont seem to be softening up too quickly on me. I should have a good opportunity to test them tomorrow in warm weather.

Im not sure what you mean by standard dx as that blend changes a bit from run to run, but the d p1xs are similar feeling to the first run D-P2s that a lot of discmania pros, including Jussi, putt with. Pliable, but not floppy soft by any stretch of the imagination. I havent used them in hot weather yet, but they dont seem to be softening up too quickly on me. I should have a good opportunity to test them tomorrow in warm weather.

Thank you. I've never meshed this quickly with a putter, and right now, the xline is working great. I putt on a mild hyzer, and thee hold that line a tick longer, and that makes a big difference.

Played with my X-line at League today, and UGH... I can totally see this taking over the Nova duties. Definitely a Point and Shoot disc, with the slightest bit of fade at the end. So slight. The reason it might dethrone the Nova is because the P1x feels more comfortable in the hand. It bums me out because I love how resilient the Nova is, plastic wise. And I'm afraid the P1x will change over time, and I won't be able to find Puddle Top ones. So, yeah, ugh!

As far as putting goes; I'll have to practice more with it. I normally putt with a Yeti, and the Yeti is considerably more stiff; which, for me, means a more consistent grip. They both seem to have similar flights, but the P1x holds a line longer and has great glide. The glide and line shaping are what I hope leads to using the P1x as an outside-the-circle/jump putter. We'll see...

Ideally, I'd have these X-line P1x as my long putter, and a premium plastic P1x as an approach/driver. Ideally!

I got mine today too. I only spent about 10min putting with them, but definitely what I was hoping for. Still had a little fade at the end, but not nearly as harsh as the Yetis that I normally putt with. And I also took them out to the park for some tosses. Really impressed with the neutral flight, even with me trying to crank on it and trying to turn it over...

I just find it hard to believe that Discmania wouldn't want to continue making these Puddle Tops!

There's a very good chance we will be continuing the sunken top. We have had a lot of good feedback on the X-LINE. Thanks for the review too :)

The X-OUT will probably come about when we do a custom stamping job or when we release a new stamp at the Discmania Store.

From what I've read (a few pages ago, in this thread), the D-line P1x does not have a Puddle Top. Only the X-line.

The D-LINE has a very flat and level top and the X-LINE has the sunken top.

Reports that we have received from team players and from the general public is that the sunken top really helps create that pinch point that spin and push putters both like. Testers have stated they feel really comfortable with the grip and it has allowed them to be more aggressive around the basket.

I try to monitor these posts, sorry that we misled you guys to thinking the top of the X-LINE was going away.

Cheers,
Ryan Rintala

Thank you, Ryan. For checking in and addressing the P1x questions and concerns! And, whew! I can breathe a sigh of relief knowing that these won't be the last Puddle Tops available!

Your reply did raise a couple of new questions though; you said "... top of the X-LINE...", did you mean the ONLY time the P1x will have a concave top will be when it's made in X-LINE? I ask because I wonder if there are plans to make something stiffer (KC/Yeti Pro stiffness), and would the P1x ever be made in something like that, and if it would have a concave top? Also, are there plans to release a production run of X-LINE P1x, or is it strictly a CFR/special run?

Thanks again for your time to answer these questions! Really appreciate it, Ryan!

I wanted to add my appreciation for this thread. It's awesome to have two-way communication with a disc company on such a regular basis. Very good stuff, and thank for the time you put into it, Ryan.

Thank you Ryan. This is a great mold, and knowing that you guys care about our opinions on here makes it all the better. At least now, I know there should be a supply of these beauties that doesn't end at the 1st run.

Swapped out my beat in McPro Aviars for fresh X-line P1Xs this morning. Made 3 putts outside of 50 ft and only missed one inside the circle (about 25' out). I think I'm in love. Supreme Flight is releasing a bunch of X-lines with stock stamps and the Supreme Flight stamp across the middle in a few hours and I'm going to stock up. Now my go to inside and outside the circle putter.

They are. :D

Mine were waiting for me when I got home tonight.

picture.php