• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft can eat it with cheese...

unfortunately i've only realized this recently, but limiting yourself to only one brand is kinda like handicapping yourself. my drivers are innova, my mids and putter are discraft, and i mix it up with a lightning disc that i'm actually really good with. it's all about the flight of the disc and weather you can throw it well

Same here, I like a disc that works, I don't care what brand it its, I will throw anything. Saying you don't like a whole company worth of discs, which I bet you haven't even thrown have of them, is really a dumb statement.

Same here, I like a disc that works, I don't care what brand it its, I will throw anything. Saying you don't like a whole company worth of discs, which I bet you haven't even thrown have of them, is really a dumb statement.

Yeah, i agree there, altho im slowly moving all innova out of my bag because of how consistant discraft is, and the fact that i love the ESP plastic, it seems way stronger than star

I am starting to like me SOME Discraft. Nothing can replace a Boss, Teebird, TL, or Roc. But I really like the Surge, Tracker, Force, Pulse, and Buzzz.

buzzz, but there wayyy better than rocs, you want it in Elite Z plastic

thats like comparing anne frank to helen keller. i keep a kc roc and an elite z buzz in my bag. love the buzz for shorter mids and the roc for longer shots. a roc feels like more of a driver to me than a buzzz. i love em both...but they are really two completely different animals.

I agree with you there Midnight....if the disc works right for your throwing style, who cares what brand it is! The object of disc golf....lowest score wins. If a disc can help you shave off even 1 stroke/round, then it's more than worth it! The majority of my bag is Innova, mostly because that is who helps sponsor our state points series, when we "cash out" it is in merchadise from Innova, but on a few occasions I have been to other tournaments that do have Millenium/DGA/and Discraft, and have picked up some of their merchandise. I'll try it out for a while, and if it seems to work for my style, I'll add it to my bag, if not, I'll use it for a CTP prize for my Saturday League.
Of the 23 discs in my tourney bag:
3 are Discraft
2 are DGA
2 are Millenium
the remaning 16 are all Innova.

I started with an innova starter pack, but already had a discraft starter pack on the way (didn't get my order from amazon in time to go play so I went to Dick's) I feel that I got my moneys worth out of my discraft starter pack...and I didn't do TERRIBLE on the innova one...but not as good.

I still love both companies! I wear an Innova hat, but I throw more Discraft. I've got a few Quest AT discs that I like...but I don't throw them often because I need to spend more time with a few molds right now. I've got a lightning disc that I like a lot and one that I don't use at all. I really want to get the new Ching disc, as well as a JuJu in the supreme plastic.

I throw 2 drivers most of the time 1 Innova Champion Viking, 1 Discraft Elite Z Stalker.

My next 2 drivers (more specific situations) have the same splie: 1 Innova Pro Starfire 1 Discraft Elite X XL

And my third string drivers? I didn't even realize this until right now...but it's again 2 discs 1 Innova Champion Valkyrie 1 Discraft Elite Z Surge SS.

In my midranges/specialty discs I have currently 1 DX valk (roller) and 1 lightning #1 slice (floater...supposed to be a great anny disc...but there are better discs in my bag for that, you can put this disc on a straight line because all you have to do is calm the power down and let it glide) and I used to have a trash leopard but it finally died....and then a couple buzzz in different plastics and weights.

I throw a pretty mixed bag...and I think I have more love for Discraft overall as a company...but the Innova discs that I love I'm really attached to. I also love the Teebird but I don't have one in my bag right now...

\/\/

I love Innova, but I am pretty ignorant when it comes to Disccraft. I have a Crystal Challenger and hate it, and I am not brave enough to spend the money to experiment with Discraft discs. I do have a Quest and a Gateway I like, so I am trying to throw outside Innova.

You throw what you know.

I hope this doesn't turn into another Innova vs. Discraft or Roc vs. Buzz Thread

he is just uninformed, after a month on this site he will relize discraft is better, try this

1.go into the market place
2. looks whats for trade/sale (all innova)
3. look what they want (all discraft)

The Discraft vs Innova debate is solved!

nice point, :D
but partially everywhere I go, Everyone only sells Innova, so the market is saturated with Innova. But I'll make a pledge that My next 3 discs will be Disccraft, just so I can give them a chance to convert me.

Just try stuff until you find something that works, it's not worth worrying about what brand it is unless they're sponsoring you. My bag has Innova, Millenium, Discraft and Gateway in it at the moment.

I have a quest I really like and 2 gateways, one is ok, the other sucks. I have a single discraft disc, that I hate, but it is a well worn putter, not worn in by me.
I also have an Aerobie Epic (peice of crap). I like diversity, I just don't like the risk involved with buying an unfamiliar disc.

Up until recently I had all Innova discs. Not necessarily because I was so pro Innova but more because that was what was available and what I knew. Innova is sort of like the McDonalds of DG. They're everywhere. However I have a Buzz and a Surge and I love them both. Great plastic too. I certainly won't limit my options because of a brand name.

Prerube

Try The Soft Magnet, Buzzz, FLX Surge or Avenger SS.

This is the vibe I am getting from the other threads that talk about this topic, seems like these are good starter staples for Disc craft. I have thrown the soft magnet, but maybe I'll give it a try again. styles and tastes change.

Forum_Troll.jpg

What a stupid thread.

Throw what works. Don't pay attention to the company that makes it. As was said in an earlier post, your just handicapping yourself by only throwing discs from one specific company.

Latest posts