• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Diehards

the impact is listed as over stable to a degree of 1.0, while the meteor is -.5, but im sure you knew that much already. in my experience, at low power, which is when i use my impact the most, it stays dead straight from beginning to end, no matter what. The meteor is truly understable, even at low power. off the tee, the impact holds a true line straight, with some fade. it also anhyzers better and more differently than any other disc ive ever used. if i switch to my alternate driver grip, which is a two finger grip, and really spin it, it literally moves perfectly flat, left to right. i love the impact. ill never be without one.

Having just gotten back into disc golf this past summer after many years, I started back with Innova and then moved toward Discraft after trying out a Surge. I just love the Z plastic. With the exception of Lat 64 GL plastic, Z is a very close second. For the most part, I'm all Discraft and Lat 64 with the exception of a Champion Beast and Star Sidewinder. Could someone let me know what the comparable discs would be for Discraft? Thanks!

I switched to all discraft except for my putters. I made the switch at the end of august and have not looked back. I've never thrown a tee bird but I find my z avenger has the same flight as friends teebirds. My newest addition is the wildcat and the meteor. Both discs hold any line you put them on. I. Found innova is just pumping out discs to make money not to improve players and the sport. I have not found a discraft disc that can not be replaced. The consistency in there discs is unsurpassed.

Re: nuke I have found the world Am crystal nuke to be more stable than the regular z nukes FYI

the impact is listed as over stable to a degree of 1.0, while the meteor is -.5, but im sure you knew that much already. in my experience, at low power, which is when i use my impact the most, it stays dead straight from beginning to end, no matter what. The meteor is truly understable, even at low power. off the tee, the impact holds a true line straight, with some fade. it also anhyzers better and more differently than any other disc ive ever used. if i switch to my alternate driver grip, which is a two finger grip, and really spin it, it literally moves perfectly flat, left to right. i love the impact. ill never be without one.

I think u've sold me on the Impact! I'll put in on my to-get list. What plastic would u recommend?

I have 400' of power on flat land with a PD. My dad has 220' of power on flat land with a XL.

The Impact is corkscrew flippy for me on a drive that would put my Comet 300' dead straight. Even with extreme hyzer it's flippy beyond use.

The Impact for my dad flies about as long and pretty as his trying to drive his Magic. Not flippy, but not pretty.

Please, for the love of god, save your money and help force Discraft to discontinue this POS and re-release the Storm. After all the Storm is the disc the Impact is in it's superhero dreams.

Last edited:
I think it only comes in ESP. I would recommend max weight for sure. And take a few shots in the woods! It beats in to perfection.

Alright so this thread is old, but I think a bump is in order for some talk about Ti plastic. There's alady a thread about what it is/what it compares to, yada yada, but what do you guys think about the move for discraft as a brand? Like do you think that a new line of plastic was a good move? What about limiting the run to just Sig discs for their world champs? Do you want to see a lot of molds in Ti? Let's talk it out!

buzzz, buzzz SS, nuke, force, stalker
I'll probably only throw the Force and the Buzzz. I wouldn't mind seeing a Surge or Pred but im not crying about it either. Yeah seems like a pretty solid move on their part as long as it stays up with the Consistency im used to now. I think Discraft would rather stick with the molds that are selling and offer a new hopefully desireable plastic, rather than pump out BS ah lah innova (IMO of course "stay back I say, stay back!"). The one disc a year (ace race) is plenty for them its either a hit or they scrap it and move on. About the signature disc deal I think they should put Cam Todd on a disc again!

Force (Z/ESP)Surge(Z/ESP)Stalker(Z)PRED(Z)//COMET(Z/ESP)Buzzz(Z)Wasp(Z)Drone(Z)Meteor(ESP)// Challengers (5 of them)

Won't get any backlash from me on the whole innova BS products issue. They've just released three new discs in the last like two months. Two of which are drivers. Massively understable and high speed. Smh.. I just think discraft has a more customer-centric marketing strategy as opposed to just producing a crap of crap and thinking people will buy it all. and yes, bring back the Cam Todd challenger! Or put his name on a Ti Pred!

limiting the run at first is an obvious smart move. If people dont take to it how they're expecting then its not a huge loss. I do think they should have included a wasp. there is a buzz in every which way you can possibly think of.

I'm actually a big fan of the ace race putter from this year. Except for the name. It's a great large diameter putter like the aero but the added weight possibility is great. I like the D plastic, especially stiffer and maybe a little concave.

I love me some discraft, I am not at all partial to only throwing them though. I carry an X Buzzz right next to a DX Roc... Then for overstable a yellow C-Line MD2. I will say for all you buzzz lovers or haters, if you haven't thrown an X Buzzz until you can work it on hyzer flips, then DO IT! Right out of the box it's slightly stable up to and over 300', but put on an anhyzer angle it will hold it. A little wear and hyzer flip flat etc. Great for carving lines once it's beat.

Comets. Opaque yellow or red so they are slightly overstable... best disc ever. I have to replace one I lost in the snow this winter :(:(

Predators... I don't even think I need to say anything about this disc that hasn't been said. Z Pred MN Majestic stamp so money...

Avengers, Trackers, Forces, Nukes, Storms- like a stalker but actually useful

Scooter, I still use a Yellow/green (chartreuse) first run Z nuke that's still barely stable... lol. I hate that you say it's hard to find more, it goes so far.

Flicks, the BEST utility disc on the market. Hands down best out of trouble disc for forehands and forehand rollers. Heavy and 150. I had an old Z plastic Flick that still felt kinda like ESP but really really durable, flat as a pancake. Still have an old run Z150 that I cycle in and out of my bag.

Flicks, the BEST utility disc on the market. Hands down best out of trouble disc for forehands and forehand rollers. Heavy and 150. I had an old Z plastic Flick that still felt kinda like ESP but really really durable, flat as a pancake. Still have an old run Z150 that I cycle in and out of my bag.

Z Xtreme is the best get out of trouble disc.

Discraft's candy red proto Z plastic is the sexiest plastic I have ever thrown. I have a nuke ss snd a banger in my bag in that plastic snd I wish every one of my other discs were the same. hoary for superior plastic!

Latest posts