• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Done Writing Weights on Discs?

discspeed

* Ace Member *
Our last shipment of Z Nukes did not have the weights written on them, but rather weight range metallic stickers like they put on X/Pro D discs on the inner rim. Is Discraft done writing the weights on discs?

I've noticed this too, I know all the ace race discs this year were that way too, and my PDGA Stalker.

The only thing I dislike about the stickers is that after they get wet a few times they basically become unreadable. When you go to trade you have to do the old "oh, it's max weight...trust me" song and dance.

Of course I guess I could just stop throwing my discs in the lake. :doh:

The other problem is that the weight ranges are starting to get ridiculous, we just got one that said 162-171

9 grams is a HUGE difference, at that point why bother even guessing a weight, just write >130grams on all of them!

What a load of crap. I've always had a hard time with the CryZtal Buzzz being "173-178g" but dealt with it being a somewhat limited edition, and now we're going with an even wider range of weights on regular production runs? A few gram range I can deal with. I'm hoping that online discraft dealers can go out of their ways to weigh their inventory. This is a load of crap! I'd buy my own scale but it really doesn't matter what it weighs by the time its in my hands, and I don't want my wife thinking i'm slinging(not discs).

I heard they're going to simplify their flight ratings system as well and just stamp
"This disc is governed by the laws of physics." Innova was actually going to use this as their rating system, but then they made the Groove.

The other problem is that the weight ranges are starting to get ridiculous, we just got one that said 162-171

9 grams is a HUGE difference, at that point why bother even guessing a weight, just write >130grams on all of them!

^^^DITTO^^^
Why even bother with a 9 gram weight range :doh:

Every Disc I have is weighed on my postal scale and the weight written on it with a sharpie :thmbup:

Yes, I'm sure they can crank them out a little faster without weighing each Disc, but, for something as critical to the flight of the Disc as the weight, I think they're only hurting themselves with lost sales in the long run :confused:

wow I've never seen one that crazy as 163-171! lol.

The stickers I've seen are:

"145-150"
"160-166"
"167-169"
"170-172"
"173-174"
"175-176"
"177+"

I can understand the rage at a range of weights instead of specific - but most of the time Innova's written-on weights are off by 1-2g anyway so it's really the same thing.

the discraft stickers are nice, but they come off eventually so i just write it somewhere on the disc

^^^I agree I reweigh all of mine at work, we have a scale to the thousandth of a gram...I know this is overkill but hey you'd be surprised how off some of Innovas' can be.

I just received 2 Discraft discs yesterday that had the stickers and the weight written in ink on the wings.

Michigan already has the worst unemployment in the nation, and now Discraft is laying off the guys with the pens so that a machine can put stickers on...BOOO!

these stickers ranges are nuts too,

my avenger ss was 160-165? thats ridiculous

how 'bout this?

a machine that weighs the discs then stamps the weights on it..?

i dunno about you, but that sounds really cool to me

what about a machine that putts for you?

sounds even cooler to me.

Discraft obviously thinks that if you throw lighter discs that you are stupid.

Does your local Disc Golf Shop not have digital scales on the counter? :thmbup:

I never have trusted the inked weights or stickers (which I hate on the disc). As mentioned, sometimes the difference is eye opening!

Latest posts