• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc tech discussion. Calibrated scales in tournaments? Profile gauges? Stiffness tests?

Nope it occurred in Massachusetts in 2010 and didn't go to court until 2014. Champion was granted summary judgement and it went to jury. Also I was incorrect it wasn't a destroyer it was a boss. The person who was hit ended up losing their eye.
My google skills must be lacking. I can find nothing regarding this incident or the summary judgment.

Lol its all good. I would honestly only expect any sort of tech enforcement to happen at tour stops and not a tiers or below.
Oh.........another disc golf discussion about a hundred or so golfers. Sorry, I don't much care what touring pro players do. I honestly thought this was a much broader discussion.

Oh.........another disc golf discussion about a hundred or so golfers. Sorry, I don't much care what touring pro players do. I honestly thought this was a much broader discussion.
No no no. I know regular event tds are busy enough with people like me who refuse to use udisc and people asking if it's okay if they played a hole hazard when it was supposed to be drop zone or if anyone has seen a set of blue car keys.

I'm not saying discs aren't dangerous, without these guidelines, I'm saying they could be more dangerous.
Where's the line though? They get drastically more dangerous the wider the rim and also probably several percent more dangerous for every 10 degree drop in temperature. If there was a specific line of design characteristics that couldn't be crossed we would have a reference point but there is none at the moment.

I don't want more dangerous discs either if it came across that way I wasn't intending it so. I just want less dumb restrictions and more logical ones.

I'm not sure what you want.. do you want them to bust you for what sounds like a bag of illegal discs or do you want them to relax the restrictions so that they can be pushed even further?

The worry about overweight discs is if someone does call it in a tournament it could mean losing part of your arsenal or maybe a DQ.

The PDGA drew a line to say where it ends and they aren't enforcing it, likely most instances of a few grams isn't a big deal. I think theres something about moisture absorbtion of a few grams after leaving the factory. I also believe in Japan it's a 150g max. I could happily throw 150s. :😀

I'm not sure what you want.. do you want them to bust you for what sounds like a bag of illegal discs or do you want them to relax the restrictions so that they can be pushed even further?

The worry about overweight discs is if someone does call it in a tournament it could mean losing part of your arsenal or maybe a DQ.

The PDGA drew a line to say where it ends and they aren't enforcing it, likely most instances of a few grams isn't a big deal. I think theres something about moisture absorbtion of a few grams after leaving the factory. I also believe in Japan it's a 150g max. I could happily throw 150s. :😀
150s is rough lol. I just want the rules relaxed if they aren't going to enforce them and if they're going to it should happen at the top to lead by example.

150s is rough lol. I just want the rules relaxed if they aren't going to enforce them and if they're going to it should happen at the top to lead by example.
I see we are back to talking about disc golf in general, not just pros. Rules enforcement in disc golf is done by players. I will disagree that ANY change in disc golf should start with a hundred players. These players are not representative of 95%+ of all players. ALL sports set specs on equipment, for a myriad of reasons. Changing arbitrary rules, that are not a problem, is a fun discussion but serves no purpose.

Fulfilling discs for players is already a challenge for manufacturers....moving the weight parameters out further is going to compound this issue.

What about instead of checking all discs for pros before the tournment they hand over the bag right after the last hole? Sure some people will try to cheat and get discs out before, but it's amazing how many think they can get away with it.

*detour* When I was a kid my dad liked to go to the go-cart track and help in the pit with his buddy. (Not go-carts at some gas station, but entry level for kids to real racing). They would absolutely check the carts after races. I don't remember exactly what/when/why of it but I know that people were DQ'ed for illegal engines all the time. The stakes were probably a bit higher for the average go-cart racer than disc gofer, but they were always amazed that they were caught. *end detour*