• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New disc company releases new putter- ION

Finally some PROGRESS!!!!

cam_realty_ion1.jpg

They ran some clear and blue cores obviously, they are going to to a larger run tomorrow! I havent felt them yet but i'll get one this weekend hopefully. Im not sure on the stiffness or grip of them, well see. Im unsure when they will run the overmold (nose) on them. Ill let you know asap.

I dont know you have had the Vp's in your bag for a while now, id hate to have you swiching your bag :wink:

Does anyone know the plastic name for baseline plastic (dx, Pro D, S)? They aren't going to make them for a little while but we might do some testing. I am also going to see if we can get a soft pro like sample or maybe a combination of the two.

What color should they make the rim for the overmold. The cores are gonna be blue. I would like to see a lighter or darker shade of blue (depending on the tint of the core) or clear. They are thinking of using red. What are your thoughts.

they dont want to keep changing the color pellets out, they wan to make this run all the same color. I'm sure theyre will be a couple different colors shortly but what do you guys think the best combo with blue would be?

They ran 50ish blue cores, they are supposible soft and grippy, IDK i havent felt them yet. They are gonna "try" to get the overmold ran on them this week, well see. I'm gonna feel the core this week regardless and ill let y'all know how they are, Maybe Ill get some nice pics up.

PRES 10 said:
They ran 50ish blue cores, they are supposible soft and grippy, IDK i havent felt them yet. They are gonna "try" to get the overmold ran on them this week, well see. I'm gonna feel the core this week regardless and ill let y'all know how they are, Maybe Ill get some nice pics up.

So how do you bond the two pieces together?

Roy said:
So how do you bond the two pieces together?

The cores (flight plate & inner rim) are run first. Then the mold inserts are swapped out for the overmold (nose i.e. leading edge). They put the core back in the mold and run the overmold on the core so the two are fuzed together. We experimented with plastics a bit and found which types of plastic fuze the best. So far the softer the better. Last I heard they were going to glass bead (sandblast) the two meeting edges as a precautonary step.

I have one (pre-glassbeading) that im testing right now is is not even close to peeling. I even tred to get it off with my knife and no luck at all. I also have one that they ran as a test with some rubber on the outside and it didn't fuze at all i can accually remove the overmold from the core. I'll try and get some pics up of the core and the interlocking system, later this week.

The mold was sandblasted this week they plan on running the overmold on the cores next week sometime (we'll see). They also orderd more plastic (3000 discs worth), unfortunatly I couldn't convince them to get a baseline.

There should be around 50 testers done by the end of the year, I have plans for most of them already. I'll let you guys know when they are completed.

Once they get these done they plan on making the "first run" which will be 1000-1500 discs. And they are still going to be stampless for know.

Latest posts