• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New disc company releases new putter- ION

PRES 101

Birdie Member
A new disc that my cousins (Worm28 and BCR_9er) and I designed and it just got approved! It is called the Ion and the disc manufacture is Cam Realty. Its is a small diameter putter which the leading edge is an overmold. This allows a different plastic to be used for the flight plate/rim and the nose. This allows us to make whatever stiffness you want for the flight plate and still have a softer plastic on the leading edge to catch the chains. it has a very small bead for finger locaton and the underside of the rim has a small roundover like the retooled elements.

First we have to run the core's which is the flightplate/rim. Then we change the inserts in the mold and run the outer leading edge with whatever plastic we desire.

Here is the link to a pic of it on the pdga site. http://www.pdga.com/tech-standards
If you look closely to the edge you can see the parting lines where the two different plastics meet.

Unfortunatly I cannot chime in on the PDGA Discussion boards i just registerd but cannot post for some reason.

No its not like the Oddysey line at all. It feels kinda like a voodoo but a little less profile.

Why Cam Realty? Its the investment company that my uncle, who owns and funded the mold/inserts, uses for his ventures so his bigger molding company doesn't take the risk (I.E Lawsuits, tax reasons, etc.). I'm not sure if it is gonna say this name or not.

Its a cool putter a bit flippy but feel great in the hand. In my experimentation it floats between a wizard and a rhyno (due to its lower profile and thicker flight plate). I forese sweet color options someday.

My cousin Brad (who is currently the go to guy on this) is trying to find out when we can run some more there are only a few out right now all are clear/clear and in the mid 160's a few that are about like a sss to ss and a few that are like soft from gateway. I'll see if my cousins will drop in and fill in the blanks on this they know it better than I Do.

I will try to post some nice pics up in a day or two the pdga pic is nice. My Ion is not as clear but you can see the overmold better.

I have no idea on price right know but I know that they are working on it.

large_taylorkanye-1-2.jpg

crazy man, sounds like a cool idea but that company name has got to go :wink:

Cool idea, I hope it pans out into something that a lot of people like.

callahan said:
Throw me a prototype yo. :lol:
What he said. I think you will need testers...and I am looking for a new putter to use...just seems like it was meant to be ya know. :D

inb4 dgdave

These should be tested at a mile above sea level so holla at yo boy.

cam_realty_ion1.jpg

For everyone that didn't click the link.

Also, I'd be glad to test as well.

If you're looking for
testers, I'd be happy to help. I test for Vibram and I tested for GorillaBoy.

I won't disappoint.

I like the idea of the firm or soft in the flight plate and still a chain grabbin outer edge. Plastic looks nice too.

Lemme be a sponsor and sell em with dyes!!
Buy in all honesty, it sounds like a putter I'd really wanna throw in the bag and try out

Latest posts