• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New disc company releases new putter- ION

Pres 10, thanks for posting this info for me and getting the word out.

Right now we are still preparing for mass production. It will take at least a month before we can get things going. We have to perfect the run, get price estimates, start contacting retailers, etc.

It will still be quite some time. In the meanwhile, I encourage you all to spread the word of this coming release.

Thank you all.

what are the chances of you guys running these in a DX.......or better yet Gateway S style plastic? never really been into putting with premium

Jesse B 707 said:
what are the chances of you guys running these in a DX.......or better yet Gateway S style plastic? never really been into putting with premium

x2...I can not stand premium plastic putters

A plastic similar to S or M with a chain grabbing outter edge would be ( . ) ( . )!!

Jesse B 707 said:

Our first discs that will be released will be a premium plastic. In regards to a lower-end plastic such as a DX-like plastic, that will be even further down the road of time. Currently, that is not on our agenda, but I'm sure we will plan on doing that eventually.

Jesse B 707 said:
those bewbs look too far apart to me ( . )( . )<<<<<<<<<better

its was for better motorboating.....sorry for the thread drift

well, in my humble opinion the lower end plastic should be quickly moved up to the front end of the time table 8)

As you can see my cousin Brad who is BCR-9er chimed in, he is the brains of the operation currently. Like he said at least a month before any will be run.

As for a baseline plastic we really would like to run them (we dont like putting with premium much either). Unfortunatly the majority of people dont want a cheap plastic that will beat up quickly if they are spending slightly more than average for the disc.

After we get the Ion run for production and caught up, maybe we can test some baseline plastic.

As for all of you who want to test a proto sorry there are very few of them! I'd have to say 6 -10 that I know of. I have one of them and is a 164 I believe.

As for running 150's we will most likely try to stay in the 170+ range because these are the most popular but if lighter come out I will see if i can get a few for the 150 lovers (not making any promises though).

PRES 10 said:
As for a baseline plastic we really would like to run them (we dont like putting with premium much either). Unfortunatly the majority of people dont want a cheap plastic that will beat up quickly if they are spending slightly more than average for the disc.

As for running 150's we will most likely try to stay in the 170+ range because these are the most popular but if lighter come out I will see if i can get a few for the 150 lovers (not making any promises though).

Exciting news!

Definitely run what you feel like is going to get you guys off your feet... then you'll be able to do some good stuff! (not meant to sound like you aren't already of course)

Good Luck!

Since I started playing, I've been wanting a slightly understable putter in between the normal height and low profile. Now they're starting to come around. (ION, Pure, Summit)

Indestructible putter that grabs chains? I can dig it.

Does the ION have a bead?

It has a very small "bead" but it is so small i would have to say no. It is alot like a voodoo but slightly less profile and a finger radius underneath. Feels like $ in my hands.

PRES 10 said:
It has a very small "bead" but it is so small i would have to say no. It is alot like a voodoo but slightly less profile and a finger radius underneath. Feels like $ in my hands.
That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Small bead putters are the shizzle.

Animix said:
You misspelled Plastics in the URL on those images :)

Thank you very much for bringing that to our attention! There was actually another misspelling that we had to fix. We will go ahead and get that fixed too.

1251354075253.jpg

We are planning on experimenting with a propylene which is a base plastic similar to DX, Pro D, S. This will be much gripper than the current plastic we have know. We are also looking into Hytrel which is similar to Pro, X, H plastic. We are definatly going to run the current clear plastic that we have know due to haveing enough for around 1500 discs. We would like to have two different types of material available asap. We should be running a hundred or so in the clear soon, there are some problems with motivation at the plant.

Latest posts