• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Great Lakes Open - May 31st - June 2nd

@Thryn3, I know the TD (John) posted he was working on some clinics with the Pros, but have not seen any updates since then. Sorry.

Where did you see him post that at? If anyone hears anything about any clinics please post them in here. Most likely making the ~2 hr trip with a few buddies and would be nice to know the best days/times to go.

Thanks

When I've helped put the baskets in before it was on Memorial weekend. I would keep an eye on Disc golf scene for gossip. Scores will start to be posted by locals when its in.

Where did you see him post that at? If anyone hears anything about any clinics please post them in here. Most likely making the ~2 hr trip with a few buddies and would be nice to know the best days/times to go.

Thanks

Disc Golf Scene, they have a DGLO page up and it was under the "Talk" section. Somebody inquired about clinics and John (TD) responded.

"we are coordinating this with the PDGA. Hang on and we will post up as soon as we know..."

No updates on clinics since that post, I'll keep checking. :thmbup:

Here is the link --> https://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/2013_32nd_Annual_Discraft_Great_Lakes_Open/talk

Anyone in the Ann Arbor area wanna put up Paige, Sarah, Ragna and two others from Wed through Sun of the tournament week? They were looking for a place to stay and I said id search around. Send me a message if you could help out!

Anyone in the Ann Arbor area wanna put up Paige, Sarah, Ragna and two others from Wed through Sun of the tournament week? They were looking for a place to stay and I said id search around. Send me a message if you could help out!

Now that is a DangeRuss question for the forums. :hfive:

Wish I had a house in Ann Arbor instead of a half hour away in the opposite direction of Kensington. :doh:

Now about those "two others"... security? :D

Better safe than sorry right? :thmbup:

All kidding aside, that would be a great opportunity to host some Pros and get a chance to interact with them on a more personal level. Not to mention the great tips you could pick up along the way. Hopefully somebody is in a better position to help out and take advantage of this opportunity.

Side note, saw Sarah is doing a clinic at Sleepy Hollow the following weekend (after DGLO). Would love to learn how to properly forehand from her.

Best of luck DangeRuss!

im missing out on playing in this one due to a family event on saturday but im pumped to watch the pros play this truly epic course on sunday. yes i know the word epic is overused but this course fits that description. really looking forward to playing the course as well. excited to see john running this event and its great to see it as one of the top events this year.

I was arguing with my caddy (only for tourney rounds at Tobo) this weekend about possible scores for this tournament. From PDGA records the best ever score was 52 by Cale in 2007 which was rated 1049. The course is pretty close to the same with only more/less greenery on some holes.

With new discs and more top rated pros coming, who thinks a 49 (or better) is possible. Course par is 62.

Kensington Toboggan

Anyone know the when the baskets go in at Toboggan?

Baskets will be in and course playable as of Thu, 5/23/2013 (late Wed, actually).
(i.e. available Memorial Day weekend). :D

Closed for DGLO Pros (Fri, May 31 - Sun, Jun 2, 2013) and for Am Nationals (Fri, June 7 - Sun, June 9 2013).

Don't know how long baskets will stay in after Am Nats wraps up. :\

click here for details

Last edited:
50 will be broken this year, no doubt.

< than 50 on toboggan would be sick. Last year when i played am nats only a few players had rounds under 60. Tobo is by far the toughest course i have ever played. Makes the monster pro tees to pro baskets seem easy (which they are not):)

121/144 signed up. Less than a week to sign up.

No Will, Nikko, Climo, Barry yet.. Couple of the NC guys are staying home. Who else is missing?