• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft needs to step their game back up'

No -- PC's don't make $.... pretty much zero profit. They weren't actually a PC company until later on when they dominated the market through internet exposure and inhouse selling of single products with their own support. Originally, Dell did not emphasize the consumer market, due to the higher costs and unacceptably low profit margins in selling to individuals and households.

CPU's are huge for pretty much only intels benefit now as dell has no packages or products that seem relevant in todays market and went from booming in the early 00's to not much today.

Well heck, my minimum gross margin on an individual PC is $200.00. I won't build one for less.

Put down the crack pipe.
Dell has been a PC company from day one.In the very beginning, Michael Dell bought IBM XT machines, put larger hard drives and more RAM in them, tweaked the OS and resold them. One day he told his dad he was dropping out of college to sell computers full time. His dad protested, until he told him how much $ he made that month. I believe the next words out of his dads mouth were "Welcome home son."

and what happened to them last year? selling at what price compared to an all time high during their booming days and ended its 25 year ride as a public self owned company?

...that's the comparison to DC'

That is hilarious. MVP is more like a SMART car than a Tesla. there is nothing sexy about an overmold.
I could care less what it looks like... the sexiest thing about my Amp is the lines I can throw with it.

I didn't take the time to read all 32 pages but from reading about 10 of them I have to ask these questions? Has anyone talked to a DC rep on the topic? Has anyone researched the actual numbers?

Just because these new brands are releasing a bunch of new molds doesn't mean they are taking over. Think about it, if you only had 5 molds in your lineup you had better be releasing a bunch of new ones. I know quite a few guys who jumped all over these new brands to only revert back to their trusty DC (and Innova). I throw a mixed bag (Mosty DC, a couple Innova and 1 MVP) and like to try out new discs but ultimately realize that they can't do anything my old discs can't. DC used to have a lot more molds (still have more than probably anyone but Innova) available but instead of producing 5000 of a mold that sells 5 a year they discontinued low selling molds to cut costs and increase profit margins. I have a buddy who was in the freight broker business for a while and tried to land DC as a client and they shut him down from the start because they like their place as a grass roots company and didn't want to be sold at box store retailers. I'd say they know their place and are happy with where they are. We'll see in 10 years where all these random start up brands are compared to DC, my guess is they won't be on the same level.

sorry, didnt realize by this time the thread was no longer about DC's relevance lol

as soon as i saw your long post i was shaking your head. there is no hope anymore.

discraft trilogy. i wanna see it. maybe then a ti zone (in bright colors even!) will come out

as soon as i saw your long post i was shaking your head. there is no hope anymore.

discraft trilogy. i wanna see it. maybe then a ti zone (in bright colors even!) will come out

Ti Zone. You said it. :thmbup:

I must say after getting picked up by Discraft my son's game has improved greatly. He likes the Nuke OS,TI Forces, Drones, Flex Challengers and Zones.

Discraft has the best OS mid selection in the industry.

You could make the arguement Discraft has the best mid selection in the industry, period.
Their entire mid line up is solid:
Stratus
Meteor
Buzzz SS
Comet
Buzzz
Wasp
Hornet
Drone
... and don't forget the Nebula (alias Buzzz OS).

Whereas Gateway's bread and butter is the putter, I think DC's is the mid. As for the rest of their line...

Their putters are quite good too - Challengers and Magnets are pretty popular (even if they don't sell as well as Aviars or Wizards), and the Focus and Banger have their fans as well.

Some people like their distance drivers, some don't, but they do OK with their the Nuke (+SS & OS), Surges (+SS), Avengers (+SS), Force, only time will tell about the Crank.

Despite having some good molds like the XL, XS, Predator, Stalker... fairway drivers has to be where they lose the greatest marketshare.

Last edited: