• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft needs to step their game back up'

Its too funny here sometimes. The same trolls are on MVP as they were latitude but now bag a fuse and judge.

just a matter of time before the Richardson's and Rico's are wine'n and dine'n with Tomas and Emac in Europe. :p

Last edited:
Those Ti Hornets are selling.
The Crank was a success.
Ace Races are always growing.
What is Discraft doing wrong? just because they dont flood the market doesnt mean they dont have a successful business model and or a profitable one.

1-10

everything. I fall asleep thinking about discraft.

What is DGA again and do they have discs?

::yawns::

So you have absolutely no logic to support your OP and yet you keep posting about how Discraft is supposedly dropping the ball... amazing. MVP is certainly lucky to have you as a shill...

Discraft seems to be doing fine judging by the bags of players I see at tournaments (Innova and Discraft definitely dominate). They just get overshadowed by the vocal minority on internet forums.

It's not at all uncommon in any hobby to see the less popular manufacturer/model/style/whatever be the one that's talked about the most. If you're a Discraft thrower and lots of people you meet on the course and talk to in person also throw Discraft, you really don't need to show up here and talk more about Discraft. Now if you're an MVP/Legacy/Vibram/Gateway thrower, chances are there aren't many more like you in your area so if you want to talk about your discs you need to do it on the internet.

This is a great website, but I don't believe for a second that a lot of the opinions expressed here are representative of the greater majority of disc golfers.

If you're a Discraft thrower and lots of people you meet on the course and talk to in person also throw Discraft, you really don't need to show up here and talk more about Discraft. Now if you're an MVP/Legacy/Vibram/Gateway thrower, chances are there aren't many more like you in your area so if you want to talk about your discs you need to do it on the internet.

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

This has turned very silly. I just think all the MikeC shots are pretty lame though. Guy is just playing disc golf and making videos. You don't have to like them or what he throws but to take shots at him without putting yourself out there is pretty cowardly.

This has turned very silly. I just think all the MikeC shots are pretty lame though. Guy is just playing disc golf and making videos. You don't have to like them or what he throws but to take shots at him without putting yourself out there is pretty cowardly.

Who was taking shots at MikeC?

Who was taking shots at MikeC?

"All they do is send some discs to a few heavy forum users and count on them to gush about how fantastic the discs are and/or post vids of themselves repeatedly throwing massive hyzer shots on wide open courses."

"That's it? That's their entire marketing strategy, MikeC and guys who sell their discs on Facebook?"

You. DanJon

"Shirtless dudes?"

I just don't see the point dragging him into the discussion. If you have a problem with the OP then debate him and use his shortcomings or lack of info to back his claims. To pull someone else who hasn't even posted in the thread and talk about him and his videos without putting yourself out there for criticism I find a little bit weak. That's all.

"All they do is send some discs to a few heavy forum users and count on them to gush about how fantastic the discs are and/or post vids of themselves repeatedly throwing massive hyzer shots on wide open courses."

"That's it? That's their entire marketing strategy, MikeC and guys who sell their discs on Facebook?"

You. DanJon

"Shirtless dudes?"

I just don't see the point dragging him into the discussion. If you have a problem with the OP then debate him and use his shortcomings or lack of info to back his claims. To pull someone else who hasn't even posted in the thread and talk about him and his videos without putting yourself out there for criticism I find a little bit weak. That's all.

Please explain to me what part of what I posted isn't 100% true and could be considered a "shot." When MVP releases a new disc, they send some samples to a few testers on this site. Those testers start a new thread on here extolling the virtues of said disc, and MikeC makes a video of himself crushing some massive hyzer shots at Arboretum. That's exactly what happens with every release, and people eat it up.

Nowhere did I say that MVP or MikeC are doing anything wrong, in fact you conveniently left out the part of my post where I said that this strategy was "brilliant." Again, how is that a shot at anyone?

My whole point here is that the OP was about how Discraft should be doing more of something (no one will say exactly what) while MVP does pretty much nothing and seems to be doing great. No shots intended at anyone other than perhaps the logic of the OP...

Please explain to me what part of what I posted isn't 100% true and could be considered a "shot." When MVP releases a new disc, they send some samples to a few testers on this site. Those testers start a new thread on here extolling the virtues of said disc, and MikeC makes a video of himself crushing some massive hyzer shots at Arboretum. That's exactly what happens with every release, and people eat it up.

Nowhere did I say that MVP or MikeC are doing anything wrong, in fact you conveniently left out the part of my post where I said that this strategy was "brilliant." Again, how is that a shot at anyone?

My whole point here is that the OP was about how Discraft should be doing more of something (no one will say exactly what) while MVP does pretty much nothing and seems to be doing great. No shots intended at anyone other than perhaps the logic of the OP...

That's exactly my point. You don't need to belittle another company and poster to attack the logic of the OP. He's left plenty of chances without you bringing them up. He was saying they weren't doing enough to market and you brought up another company and said they do even less. That's a shot. That's not a compliment that's you saying well this company does even less and it's working fine for them. You and I both know your intent. You're also free to say what you want about them and anyone else if it falls in the guidelines of the forum but I have my right to an opinion of your opinion. I think it's lame to take little shots at a guy who isn't posting in the thread when I don't see you posting review videos yourself and opening yourself up for people to post opinions. That's all I'm saying. :thmbup:

As long as they keep molding challengers and wasps, I could care less what else they do.... though a challenger OS would be nice, :D.

That's exactly my point. You don't need to belittle another company and poster to attack the logic of the OP. He's left plenty of chances without you bringing them up. He was saying they weren't doing enough to market and you brought up another company and said they do even less. That's a shot. That's not a compliment that's you saying well this company does even less and it's working fine for them. You and I both know your intent. You're also free to say what you want about them and anyone else if it falls in the guidelines of the forum but I have my right to an opinion of your opinion. I think it's lame to take little shots at a guy who isn't posting in the thread when I don't see you posting review videos yourself and opening yourself up for people to post opinions. That's all I'm saying. :thmbup:

I'm sorry, but you're completely wrong about my intent. You're wanting to get all butt-hurt about what you *want* me to be saying, but I'm not saying it.

MVP doesn't waste money on endeavors like sponsoring competitive players because it wouldn't help them. That's smart. I'm not taking a shot at them, I'm saying Discraft is being smart as well by emulating them (whether it's intentional or not) and not bothering to continue throwing $$$ at touring pros that probably don't generate much in terms of sales or brand recognition. And the reason I used MVP as an example is because Aim is a retailer for them, which makes them relevant to this conversation.

As for MikeC, he's a rec player who mostly plays one course and doesn't have to travel at all if he doesn't want to, and yet he gets all the free discs he needs from MVP and has his own stamp that I believe he gets a percentage of the sales from. Dood is definitely the smartest man in disc golf... no shot intended whatsoever there.

I recently came back to playing disc golf after a few years of playing only occasionally and in catching up with how the sport has grown and all these new brands, I will say that Discraft hasn't changed much but the sport has. When I started playing, Climo was king, the Buzzz was a brand new disc, and brands like Ching and Lighting were becoming increasingly irrelevant. Now, there's a whole new crop of players that are absolutely killing it out on tour, the Buzzz is still a great disc, and a ton of other companies have come along to actually create some competition for Innova/DC. However, I don't necessarily think Discraft has to change much. The market is flooded with new discs, so I think it's fine that they don't add more to the mix because as we've seen with Innova, a lot of them just end up lost in the fray and sitting on a shelf somewhere because no one is buying them. New brands have to be vocal to get themselves noticed, whether online through social media, and out in the field at big events, but Discraft already has a great reputation established, so they don't have to. I think they know what their doing and see no reason to be alarmed.

It's not at all uncommon in any hobby to see the less popular manufacturer/model/style/whatever be the one that's talked about the most. If you're a Discraft thrower and lots of people you meet on the course and talk to in person also throw Discraft, you really don't need to show up here and talk more about Discraft. Now if you're an MVP/Legacy/Vibram/Gateway thrower, chances are there aren't many more like you in your area so if you want to talk about your discs you need to do it on the internet..

wrong.

MOST DISC GOLF PLAYERS DONT HAVE A CLUE WHAT THE HELL DISC THEY ARE THROWING OR WHY OR WHO MAKES IT ETC.......

Around here I've run into many, many, MANY more people commenting on my MVP discs and wondering where they can get some than I ever did throwing discraft. Hell I have a bunch of my shelf that no one wanted to buy for a reasonable price so I might as well give them away, which is what I have done with almost every old discraft mold b/c im not going to sell it for $8 shipped and waste my damn time. Yeah they might fill up the majority of bags but THATS NOT THE POINT HERE... Look at community discs thread and you will see with one little retailer TONS of requests for legacy discs' HES JUST ONE GUY DOING IT!

Then there are his best sellers on the main disc page: Current Top Sellers--MVP Volt, MVP Nano Mini Marker, MVP Inertia lol yeah I am soooo crazy huh?

On the golf course there is nothing to even talk about in regards to discraft really-- that's my whole point. No more water-cooler buzz for the buzzz.

Last edited:
I show up to every course and these AVERAGE players are there talking about discs with very limited knowledge. Just yesterday a guy pulled out a flow from his 5 gallon bucket "bag" and said yeah I just found this one its the best looking disc I have ever had then proceeds to go nuts over the stamps on my LE MVPs.

He wouldn't have known a buzzz if it hit him in the face and can promise it wouldn't have been important in our conversation.

I'm sorry, but you're completely wrong about my intent. You're wanting to get all butt-hurt about what you *want* me to be saying, but I'm not saying it.

MVP doesn't waste money on endeavors like sponsoring competitive players because it wouldn't help them. That's smart. I'm not taking a shot at them, I'm saying Discraft is being smart as well by emulating them (whether it's intentional or not) and not bothering to continue throwing $$$ at touring pros that probably don't generate much in terms of sales or brand recognition. And the reason I used MVP as an example is because Aim is a retailer for them, which makes them relevant to this conversation.

As for MikeC, he's a rec player who mostly plays one course and doesn't have to travel at all if he doesn't want to, and yet he gets all the free discs he needs from MVP and has his own stamp that I believe he gets a percentage of the sales from. Dood is definitely the smartest man in disc golf... no shot intended whatsoever there.

lol butthurt I am not. I don't care about MVP and MikeC is a grown man I'm sure he doesn't mind your little jabs but I still think it's lame you have to resort to that tactic when the OP has done very little to prove his points and be convincing. You were doing fine I think without making it about MVP and MikeC. You can claim you were being complimentary all you want but none of it reads that way. Backhand compliments are not real compliments and I think you're smart enough to know that.

Your last paragraph is just more backhanded compliments. I don't know Rec players who can bomb discs over 500 feet and play the game to his level. That's just another lame poke at the guy. The rest just sounds like a little jealousy and butthurtedness :D coming from you about him. He found discs he liked and got hits on his videos that a company recognized. It's not like he went to them begging for a sponsorship. Like I said, he's not in this thread and I just think it's lame to poke at the guy for what he's doing when it has NO bearing on discraft. So we good now? You had an opinion and I have an opinion of your opinion. You can get back to arguing with him or whatever it is you guys were doing. I think it's been said plenty. Discraft lost their team. Found out maybe they are fine without it and know their revenue comes from 1-3 disc golf molds and mostly their ultimate sales. Decides to become less of massive presence in disc golf marketing. No one cares but DGCR posters with free time and a desire to argue with each other. Case closed. :|

Also to mention "you" are very ignorant if you really think top level pros dont help companies succeed as if Ken Climo didn't help innova sell Rocs, Aviars, and Teebirds (let alone 10 other molds) .......... And hes just ONE of their players historically who you can hold responsible for popularity of those discs.

So since every disc golfer but you is a total idiot who doesn't know anything, then why should Disc raft 'step it up'?

They have ten times the market penetration of any brand besides Innova. So these idiot discers that you are clearly more superior than will easily find Discraft. Who cares who pretty your precious MVP is is the average golfer can never find it? Why would the discerning who knows nothing about this sport spend 15-20 bucks on some Gold Line disc with no stamp or recognition when they could easily grab a Discraft Crank with a cool gorilla or a mantis with a bad ass bug?

Look, I get what you're saying, Aim. Discraft is not a force to be reckoned with like it once was. But you have been contradicting yourself throughout this entire thread. If a majority of discers have no clue about discs, as was your assertion, then the winner is market penetration
. And Discraft beats all those other new guys, hands down.

And, contrary to forum belief, MVP isn't so eye catching that a casual player will drop everything to throw them. And again: if they can't find them, why buy thrm?

Latest posts