• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft needs to step their game back up'

Doss gets a tour series Z buzzz
Jenkins gets a tour series Z Thrasher
MAchete now available in Z and Big Z
Ringer now available in GT version
Mini Zone, Comet and Crank now available
New disc - the Punisher - being released this week

Discraft is doing good stuff.

Trust me, there is more good stuff coming out soon

Trust me, there is more good stuff coming out soon

This is a good thing, obviously. The driver line has been stale for years. Everyone wants new new new all the time since that's what the other companies have pushed monthly for the last few years. I have sold more Thrashers, Undertakers, and Machetes since they came out than all variations of Nukes, Surges, Avengers, Force, Tracker, Stalker combined in the last 4 years.

I seriously considered dropping Discraft from my store a year ago because I was only selling a couple a week, and tourney players were bringing in their Discraft tourney winnings to trade in for other companies. I couldn't do it, because, hey, it's Discraft. But now I'm seeing a slight uptick in their sales, solely based on the new molds coming out. It was rare that someone would ask me about a Discraft driver, maybe twice a year. Now people are talking about the new stuff with me. Promising for sure.

I really like the Machete. We had some 27 mph gusts yesterday, and the flex on it is really easy to gauge. Not a huge fan of the Big Z stamp, though. The Mexican inspired font on the Z is more my style.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 49
If we're making requests, I want a Surge, Surge SS replacement. The Surge felt like it was supposed to be DCs Destroyer. It just never flew as well for me. I tried, really I did, but they need something different for me.

If we're making requests, I want a Surge, Surge SS replacement. The Surge felt like it was supposed to be DCs Destroyer. It just never flew as well for me. I tried, really I did, but they need something different for me.

I always thought that the Surge/Surge SS was Discraft's Wraith/Beast combo, with the Force being the Destroyer.

I always thought that the Surge/Surge SS was Discraft's Wraith/Beast combo, with the Force being the Destroyer.

That may be, but the Surge has the same rim width as the Destroyer. The Force does too if I recall, but in my hands, it is way more overstable. That could be plastic variation? I throw Star GStar Destroyers and have only ever thrown Z or Titanium Forces. Maybe in ESP they are straighter? The Champion Destroyer is much more stable than the Star.

Actually, Destroyer 2.2, Surge 2.2, Force 2.3. I think the Surge SS goes down to 2.1. I know it doesn't seem like much, but 2.2 is about the limit for my stubby fingers. 2.3 I can do, but I don't love it.

BTB - Innova's speed number is strictly a reflection of rim width. Speed 11 is 2.1, speed 12 is 2.2, Speed 13 is 2.3. After that, it may fall off. I don't look at every disc they make so don't come back and tell me I'm wrong. I'm quite likely to be. In general, there is a correlation between their rim width and their speed.

per Nate Heinold on the punisher:

"When I threw this disc a few weeks ago at the factory it was like a slightly slower destroyer. High speed driver, definitely stable, not as stable as the force."

Not that my opinion matters much around here, but the years I spotted on 15 at Idlewild for the Bluegrass Open, all the Innova pros but one threw Destroyers. All the Discraft pros threw Forces. They all landed in a small circle from each other at the "400' to go" signs.

Punisher also has a "Double Bead"

Bead on both ends of the rim.

Not that my opinion matters much around here, but the years I spotted on 15 at Idlewild for the Bluegrass Open, all the Innova pros but one threw Destroyers. All the Discraft pros threw Forces. They all landed in a small circle from each other at the "400' to go" signs.

Is there a disc in our game as ubiquitous as the Destroyer? You talk about hitting the jackpot with a mold.

Latest posts