• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Only Bag

Keith H

Eagle Member
If you were building a Bag using only current Discraft molds, which discs & plastics would you avoid? Why?

For example I would avoid the Spectra, I like the disc ok, but it is only available in Supercolor which is too stiff and slick for my tastes.

How about you?

I'm more of a glass-half-full kind of guy. I prefer to think of it in terms of what molds would I add rather than which molds I would exclude.

My Discraft bag would probably include: Nukes, Force, Surge, Avenger, Avenger SS, Preds, Wasp, Buzzzes, Meteor, Zone, Challengers

I'm more of a glass-half-full kind of guy. I prefer to think of it in terms of what molds would I add rather than which molds I would exclude.

My Discraft bag would probably include: Nukes, Force, Surge, Avenger, Avenger SS, Preds, Wasp, Buzzzes, Meteor, Zone, Challengers

That's pretty much exactly what I would have, but I don't think I would use a Wasp.

I would bag the magnet, zone, buzzzes, wasp, stalker, XL, predator, Avenger SS, Avenger, Maybe a Surge. If I had the arm for it a Nuke/SS

Wouldnt even think about the others

Last edited:
I would probably be throwing:

Challenger, Meteor, Buzzz, Zone, XL, Predator, Flash, Nuke

Sounds like a pretty solid bag.

I throw mostly discraft/dga. The molds I have in the bag that I just don't feel like discraft has an equal are in the rival/teebird spot. I tried stalkers and zombies of all plastics. Also wizards are too hard to give up on.
If I did a discraft only bag it would look like this.
Cranks for max distance
Forces for overtable and control drives and flicks
Predators and Stalkers for fairway drivers
Buzzz in all plastics for mid duties
Challengers for everything else

That would cover every shot needed. I just wish discraft had a disc that was between a stalker and predator.

I wouldn't avoid any plastics. Diff strokes for diff folks. Every disc can be thrown successfully

All Z plastic , max weight or GTFO (Magnet would be ESP tho) here we go.

Force, Crank, Surge, Surge SS, Crush, XS, XL, Stalker, Xpress, Zombee, Buzzz OS, Buzzz, Buzzz SS, Challenger, Magnet.

Hahaha I even refrained from using OOP and limited production molds.

All Z plastic , max weight or GTFO (Magnet would be ESP tho) here we go.

Force, Crank, Surge, Surge SS, Crush, XS, XL, Stalker, Xpress, Zombee, Buzzz OS, Buzzz, Buzzz SS, Challenger, Magnet.

Hahaha I even refrained from using OOP and limited production molds.

I don't think that ESP Magnets are in production.

Okay, that's a good way to look at it.

I wouldn't bag a Cyclone 2 or an X-Clone. I did in the 90s but never again, mainly because they are OOP and I don't care about them at all.

I'm thinking about this because I'd like to get out onto Jim Kenner's private course.
Here's what I think I'd work with. All of these are either currently or previously bagged:

APX
FLX Challenger

X Stratus
X-Comet
ESP Buzzz
ESP or Z Nebula
FLX Drone

Z Heat
X XS
Z Zombee
Z Mantis
Ti Mantis
Z Predator

Z Avenger SS
D Crank
ESP Crank
Z Crank
FLX Surge

Last edited:
the XS is a really underrated disc, as well...
The XS is great disc, I bag one. But I wish they offered it in a gripper plastic than Z or X. I can't count on it consistently because it's too slippery. Especially if it's a bit damp on the course, the XS is off and flying before I am ready to say goodbye.

Magnet - Comet - Cyclone

and avoid the wind like the plague.

I throw Nukes and Forces and love them. But I just can't get a replacement for my Terns, or can I? What would be closest?

Latest posts