• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Wanted] Discraft Pro D Stratus

Broke my second from last one of these a couple days ago. They have been a staple in my bag for decades. Looking for one that is new to decent shape.
We played Willow long tees today in the rain and I was working my X Stratus all over the course on some sweet lines! That thing has hit a million trees in all seasons and I have yet to break one over the years and I think I've been throwing them since 2007 or so. They seem waaay more common in the X plastic, might be easier to find. Are they all OOP nowadays in any plastic? I too am down to my very last one!

We played Willow long tees today in the rain and I was working my X Stratus all over the course on some sweet lines! That thing has hit a million trees in all seasons and I have yet to break one over the years and I think I've been throwing them since 2007 or so. They seem waaay more common in the X plastic, might be easier to find. Are they all OOP nowadays in any plastic? I too am down to my very last one!
The Pro D ones are just so sweet. I don't think Stratus are OOP. You can find X plastic ones online.

The Pro D ones are just so sweet. I don't think Stratus are OOP. You can find X plastic ones online.
You had me curious so I dug through my closet and lookie what I found! You can have this one as a freebie, I owe ya! I did some online searches for X Stratus for myself and everything is showing up in super lightweight in the 130s range, wtf is up with that?
20231217_182137.jpg

You had me curious so I dug through my closet and lookie what I found! You can have this one as a freebie, I owe ya! I did some online searches for X Stratus for myself and everything is showing up in super lightweight in the 130s range, wtf is up with that? View attachment 329735
Cool. We will have to get out a get a round or two in soon. A 130 gm Stratus is a toy, not a disc, lol.

Cool. We will have to get out a get a round or two in soon. A 130 gm Stratus is a toy, not a disc, lol.
I'll be at Cass Saturday for sanctioned singles and Rolling Hills on Sunday for 24 chains if you're interested

I can't fathom how flippy a 130 Stratus would be.
I almost bought one last week for my nephew who's 5.. but I wasnt watching the close time... and I already had 3 in the mail haha

That would have been interesting, but I have a 160g Paradox my honey got me for an anniversary present. That's enough flippy for me.
😄

First Run Stratus were Tournament Pro plastic, which was quite unlike Pro D. It's significantly grippier and it shrunk A LOT out of the mold so the diameter will be a little smaller (not much for Pro D which also would shrink some, but put one against one the Ledgestone ESP ones and you will see the difference) and they tended to be domier. They are a tad more durable than Pro D, but not by a ton. It was IMO THE BEST BASE PLASTIC EVER and I miss those simpler times when all we had to throw were base plastics. If you get a Tournament Pro Stratus, you will a) fall in love with it b) probably split it in half on a cool day after you are in love with it and c) end up like me wishing they still made it. I gave my daughter a TP Stratus when she started playing and she threw it in a pond; I spent two hours fishing it out. They are the bees knees and you don't just leave them behind.

Uh. anyway...it's not Pro D.

I have a First Run Stratus, would assume it's Pro-D---168g...
Very cool disc. It belongs in some collector's stash. I am looking for regular old Stratus. Used or new, just baseline Pro D. Somebody has to have a handful in a box.