• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft putters

Emaxxy

So my main putter right now is the Magnet and I also throw a lot of Discraft in general. I was what other putters I should try out from them. I've been only looking into getting a Roach but I don't know if that interferes too much with my Magnet.

Not discraft, but I've tried an Aviar PnA and I disliked it. I'd rather use my Magnet than an Aviar. I haven't thrown any other putters though

I use a Soft Magnet for putting, a Soft Magic(beat) for US approaches, and a soft Proton Ion for everything else. Occasionally I will add a Vibram VP if it is really windy.

Challenger is a good one, more on stable side so it wouldn't interfere with the magnet as much.

If I were to throw a Discraft putter it would be a Soft-X Challenger. Nice stability and grip, small unintrusive bead. Good disc.

I don't like how deep the Magnet is or how much the shoulder slopes. I can't grip it how I would like a putter to feel. Power to you if it works though!

Challenger is a good one, more on stable side so it wouldn't interfere with the magnet as much.

If I were to throw a Discraft putter it would be a Soft-X Challenger. Nice stability and grip, small unintrusive bead. Good disc.

I don't like how deep the Magnet is or how much the shoulder slopes. I can't grip it how I would like a putter to feel. Power to you if it works though!

I second these. I have a soft x magnet that is well loved and it is an awesome approach disc. It is pretty interchangeable with a wizard to me other than a slightly smaller bead.

I second these. I have a soft x magnet that is well loved and it is an awesome approach disc. It is pretty interchangeable with a wizard to me other than a slightly smaller bead.

I think he ment soft x challenger, I've seen it and it is an excellent approach disc for him.

It's basically Discraft, but I recently picked up a DGA Steady and it's awesome. It's like if a Wizard and a Yeti Aviar had a child. It's definitely more OS than the Magnet, seems like it throws and putts well, so maybe something to try out.

It's basically Discraft, but I recently picked up a DGA Steady and it's awesome. It's like if a Wizard and a Yeti Aviar had a child. It's definitely more OS than the Magnet, seems like it throws and putts well, so maybe something to try out.

Is DGA basically what Discmania is to Innova or DD and Westside to Lat 64, but for Discraft?

Is DGA basically what Discmania is to Innova or DD and Westside to Lat 64, but for Discraft?

Yeah, I think that's their relationship. Separately owned company but Discraft handles the production (I think).

I was crazy about Banger GT's for a while but I just kept being disappointed by Discrafts Pro-D and Soft-X plastic. Really brittle stuff. Even after a single round I would be amazed at how much damage was visible just from putting. After a few months there would be huge chunks missing from the rims from hitting the basket at low putter speeds.

On the other spectrum I've really enjoyed Prodigy's 350g and 300 plastics for putting. Very durable and have great grip.

I have a beat up challenger that i use to putt with (in conjunction with an Omega SuperSoft), and an ESP Zone for approaches/midrange work/flicks....yeah just about everything else to get close/in.

If you are looking for great utility upshot discs, the Ringer and Zone are my recommendations.

Zones are reliabley overstable. Ringers are the closest mold Discraft has to the Innova Rhyno (but it's a different putter for sure).

i have a Pro-D Challenger, and also a Ti FLX Challenger. The Pro-D is nice and stiff, but that plastic doesn't last very long. The Ti plastic is nice, but the FLX is a bit too soft for me. But the Challenger is a good putter.

I also have a Soft APX, which is a really nice putter but once again is too soft. I could try the DGA Reef (equivalent of the APX), but never got around to finding or ordering one.

I still think that the challenger is their best putter. I threw them for years (only switched because Judges feel better in my hands) Pro D will last a very long time with a putter, but if you're wanting to throw them to I'd recommend x soft challengers since they are stable enough off the tee but resist wear a bit better than D. Doss/Cam Todd Challengers are where it's at in terms of feel and durability though.

Get a Ringer in one of the LE premium plastics. Mine is a Cryztal FLX, and it's fantastic for throwing and putting. Nice and beefy so you can crank on it off the tee or for long upshots. Also, the feel of the rim is exactly what I like in putters. Very shallow with with a decent bead.

I think I'm picking up a Roach and Steady for now and see how I like them.

If you are looking for great utility upshot discs, the Ringer and Zone are my recommendations.

Zones are reliabley overstable. Ringers are the closest mold Discraft has to the Innova Rhyno (but it's a different putter for sure).
The Zone is my #1 approach disc, bh or fh, it is always reliable

Latest posts