• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Tracker... least popular disc ever?

Well, the thing you have to understand is.... Teebird

I am of the opinion that there shouldn't be a disc that you can't test, learn, and use.

I love my trackers. I have 2 ESP and 2 Z. Mainstays in my bag for sure.

Just looking at their lineup, I would have thought the trio of Impact, Eclipse and Xpress were even less popular.

I sold all of the Trackers that I had. It wasn't a huge demand but I got rid of them. I still have a few Pulses. If I was going to pick the least popular mold I would guess the Spectra

I'd say Spectra as well.
I've seen a few Trackers on the course but I've only seen a Spectra in the shop.

Our Hastings rack has no place for: Spectra, Pulse, APX, Putt'r, Rattler, Ringer and Zone. Might not have Express and Impact either-can't remember.

Whoa ESP Went outta production? This must have been after those wicked warped ESP Nukes... I wonder if my FR ESP Nuke's are worth anything now. I'm sure there's a thread for that somewhere.

In my opinion, the volt compares to both an ESP tracker and a star Teebird, but way more glide and IMO more versatile

/agree

Volt is awesome for long straight throws, and if I need a hyzer line over ~250 feet. Also has become my best forehand flick option. I started getting birdies on tunnel shots when I started using the volt.

I love the Tracker although I have only thrown it in ESP. I use it for tons of different shots but I love it for dead straight flicks.

Whoa ESP Went outta production? This must have been after those wicked warped ESP Nukes... I wonder if my FR ESP Nuke's are worth anything now. I'm sure there's a thread for that somewhere.

No, just the ESP Tracker went OOP. ESP Nukes (and other ESP models) are still available.

So, just because of this thread, I went down to a local disc shop and picked up a 173 (dusty) ESP Tracker. Went out and threw 4 rounds with it, and I have to say: I'm a believer. Trackers are frickin' sick! How is this disc not popular? It's a Teegle. It's a PD jr. It's what I've been missing in a good fairway driver...thanks for the thread, fellas.

Like the Groove each Spectra is an individual snowflake of suck...

Yeah, but thanks to Academy Sports and Outdoors and other big box sporting goods stores, Grooves sell big time.

Like a previous post noted, I've never seen a Spectra on the course.

The trackers rim is probably closer to 1.9cm not 1.3cm. I have one in Z and as someone else said it is a fantastic pair with the stalker. The tracker is my goto disc on 250-270 hyzer shots. It holds up to head wind, is good in cross wind. I probably get more birds with the tracker than any other of my discs. Super consistent great mold.

To me the tracker is everything the teebird was supposed to be. Stable and never turns right at all unless given a massive amount of anhyzer. Teebird turns over easily and doesnt fight back like the tracker does. Ive thrown 4 dif teebirds and none of them were as stable as I had hoped for. The tracker is way better than the teebird IMO. Along with my stalker they are the only two fairways in my bag and they complement each other greatly.

One of he problems for the tracker is that most players seem to value distance over accuracy.
A good tracker is super accurate, especially for fh's compared to other simillar speeds.

I never got a chance to mess around with the x's but along with the players cup z's, they seemed to be the most praised.

Latest posts