• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft XL

I love the Z XL for the same reason I used to love leopards. They are a little slower than many popular fairway drivers nowadays and only slightly understable when new, which together makes them great for very straight shots and so many other shots especially in the woods. The XL is such an excellent and criminally underrated disc. The esp generally start off a hair less overstable and it beat's in much more quickly so they are even better for turnovers.

ESP XL is a wonderfully versatile fairway driver. I might still be throwing them if I could have found the weights I liked at the time.

I'm stilling throwing mine and loving it but I was wondering....

The rim on it is kind of awkward to hold for me. It feels closer to a mid range like the Wasp or Roc. Does Discraft have anything with the same/similar flight characteristics with a slightly wider rim? I was eyeing the Wildcat...

I've been wondering about the Mantis. Would .8 be much more understable than 1.0? And I can't tell by what I've read whether it's a distance or a fairway driver?

the mantis is a solid fairway along with the xl and the xs. discraft fairways get over looked IMHO.

I've been wondering about the Mantis. Would .8 be much more understable than 1.0? And I can't tell by what I've read whether it's a distance or a fairway driver?

No, unlikely you'll notice it.

It's like other newer "fairway drivers" with wider 1.9ish rims and a little faster/longer.

Also, the Mantis is pretty domey, both the reg Z and big Z.

Latest posts