• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Xtra

mynameisdbabz

Bogey Member
Whats the deal,,,, Xtra

hey so whats the deal i just pulled some disc out the water, and found one called the """"Xtra"""???? , 2.5 rating discraft z plastic, i no theirs a xtreme and xpress ,,,,help

The Xtra was an overstable driver circa 2000 or so. It was a really really good headwind/forehand driver for the time. It was about as fast as a Banshee and a bit more overstable. I really liked them, I used them for forehand shots and thumbers. I was pretty bummed out when they went OOP.

Innova I think tends to keep discs in the lineup to cover a whole array of shots, so if they have a unique disc they tend to keep it around even if it is a slow seller. They made a new run of Condors :eek: just recently due to a small following of folks that use them for thumb rollers. Discraft, on the other hand, tends to discontinue slow sellers even if it leaves a hole in their line-up. Around 2004 they discontinued the X2, Xtra, Xtreme and X-Clone. That was essentially their entire overstable fairway driver line-up. From a business standpoint the sales numbers probably justified it, but from a disc golfers perspective it didn't make sense to me then and still doesn't make sense to me now.

Tasty!
025-1.jpg

So you are saying that Discraft is the Atari of the disc golf world?;)

I found a discraft xtra while fishing my own disc out of pond today. It says it's "maximum distance" driver, but it looks kinda like a T-bird. I haven't thrown it yet. It's out of production so I'm wondering what to compare it to in the Innova line.

not even close to a Teebird
Those things are incredibly overstable,.
They went OOP because they were so overstable and didn't sell well

This is what Robbie Bratten of Team Discraft says about it:
The Xtreme is a pig: it's the most overstable disc ever (and was discontinued because most players couldn't use it as a result). The Xtreme is my crutch, my go to, my get me out of trouble, my 350 foot and in hyzer chip disc. Super overstable, comparable to nothing! All it knows is to go left, and that's it job.

Xtra is a driver and Whippet is a fairway disc and throws more like a midrange

I keep an Elite Z Xtra in my bag. Its way over stable with a thin rim, which I can't ever get a feel for on my BH or FH drive. But that disc is killer for over hands. I don't know what its comparable to in the Innova line though.

Like a slow boss? Impossible to flip over?

Just a guess.

I love my Z Xtra, always have one in my bag. I use it mostly for shorter forehand shots, or forehand shots when the wind picks up. Made an ace with one last month, 200' dead straight into a headwind.

To me, it reminds me of a slightly shorter and more stable Firebird.

It does work very well for thumbers also.

I love my Z Xtra, always have one in my bag. I use it mostly for shorter forehand shots, or forehand shots when the wind picks up. Made an ace with one last month, 200' dead straight into a headwind.

To me, it reminds me of a slightly shorter and more stable Firebird.

It does work very well for thumbers also.

Its really the only disc I use for thumbers, are there other discs that I van throw further with a thumber, other than the epic.

Latest posts