• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Discrafts answer to Thunderbird?

This is how I envision the breakdown:
Putter-ex. Aviar
Approach-ex. Dart
Mid Range-ex. Roc
Fairway-ex. Teebird
Control-ex. Thunderbird
Distance Driver- ex. Wraith
Max Distance Driver-ex. Destroyer

This is how I envision the breakdown:
Putter-ex. Aviar
Approach-ex. Dart
Mid Range-ex. Roc
Fairway-ex. Teebird
Control-ex. Thunderbird
Distance Driver- ex. Wraith
Max Distance Driver-ex. Destroyer

Discraft
putter magnet
approach zone
mid buzz
fairway XL
control pred
distance surge
max d nuke

Forgive me if this topic has been brought up before, but, I looked through the Innova threads and the search option and don't see anything about it.

I was curious if Discraft makes a fairway driver with a similar pattern to the Thunderbird. I do carry a Thunderbird right now in Champ but I recently have been working on putting together an all Discraft bag. So, I have a gap there where I feel like a Thunderbird should go. My question is, has Discraft created a driver with little to no HST (-1%) and a similar LSF (38%) such as the Thunderbirds? If not, im curious if there is a Discraft mold and blend that beats in to a somewhat similar path. Thanks!

Came in to reinforce the Avenger suggestion. Stiff Z Avengers can be beefy as some stated, but one is a softer Z or ESP will cover that spot fine. Just depends on how much beef you want.

I don't throw discraft but recently bought the z undertaker. It is similar to the Thunderbird in my opinion.

Wow! Thanks everyone for the feedback. I didnt really intentionally set out to build a Discraft bag, it just sort of happened. As it turns out, all but a few of my utility discs are Discraft. Im really comfortable with the Z plastic lately, which brought me to my Champ Thunderbird. I realized what i was imagining... was a Thunderbird in Z plastic.

So looking at the Avenger-Thunderbird-Undertaker idea:

Seen here are the flight charts for each, highlighting the similarities between the HST and LSF of all three.

Attachments

• 2016-09-07 22.29.46.jpg
    2016-09-07 22.29.46.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 64
So looking at the Avenger-Thunderbird-Undertaker idea:

Seen here are the flight charts for each, highlighting the similarities between the HST and LSF of all three.

I think the HSS is less than they are claiming there for Z plastic. Seems more like .5 turn to me.

How about a Mantis?

You mean a mantis compared to a thunderbird? Well, a mantis should be significantly more understable than a thunderbird. I do actually carry a mantis already though. Def one of my favs. Still, looking for something with little to no turn and still a healthy fade on the mid to high 30s.

Attachments

• 2016-09-12 07.49.53.jpg
    2016-09-12 07.49.53.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 18
You mean a mantis compared to a thunderbird? Well, a mantis should be significantly more understable than a thunderbird. I do actually carry a mantis already though. Def one of my favs. Still, looking for something with little to no turn and still a healthy fade on the mid to high 30s.

The Ace Race version of the Mantis was considerably more overstable than the retooled production mold. I'm guessing that's the one he was talking about comparing.

The Ace Race version of the Mantis was considerably more overstable than the retooled production mold. I'm guessing that's the one he was talking about comparing.

Ooooooh... that makes sense. Again... unaware the mantis was retooled. Crazy. Ya know, if be fine with an OS mantis, if it were easily replaceable. That sounds great actually.

They weren't super popular so you should be able to pick up a stash for a decent price. The only negative is the Ti plastic they were run in is the color of lost. So odd how good the plastic is, but how awful the colors are.