• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discs I don’t bag

I just pulled several discs from my bag. Mids would probably be the most likely candidates. Rocs and buzzes. I like throwing the Truth. I had one in base plastic that I really liked, but managed to lose it in the woods.

Most of my purchases have been Innova--what I was introduced to when I started playing. Valkeries, Wraiths, and Katana are out right now, Destroyer, Mamba and Beast are in.

I carry several versions of putters, but putt with a Wizard SSS most often. Three thowing putters: Envy, Rpro Pig, Judge. I'm not sure the Envy is for me though. I think I may narrow it down to the Pig and the Judge. I like the Aviar as a throwing putter, but it is not in the bag right now.

Wait, you all have your bags full of discs that you throw most rounds AND you have these lists of discs you like, but don't have room in your bags? :eek:

Sounds like this could also be in the "You know your addicted to Disc Golf when ..." thread. :D

You think that's crazy? These are just my players pack/winnings discs from this year.

I could almost make a 100% new bag of ones I didn't directly pay for/select.

Attachments

• CCE59ADE-8762-4856-842E-824AA4DAC9F7.jpg
    CCE59ADE-8762-4856-842E-824AA4DAC9F7.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 36
Putters I love and don't bag:
Alpaca/P2
APX
Aviar PandA
KC Pro Aviar
Yeti Pro Aviar
Banger GT
Challenger
Clutch
Ion
Magic
Magnet
Omega AP
Piranha
Rattler
Ridge
Roach
Sonic
Upshot
Wizard
Do Bag: Warlock, Scale, Polecat

It's kinda like this for each category. So many discs, so little time.

Does Latitude 64 still put out the Gladiator? The Gladiator didn't get into my bag when I was sponsored by DD because I wanted to try to max out the DD discs in my bag and went with the Defender. Essentially they were the same disc for my purposes. I thought the Gladiator was more comfortable in my hand, but the Defender was plenty comfortable enough. When I was dropped in 2019 I wound up just going straight back to my old standby (Star XCaliber) from before DD was a manufacturer. But I definitely would swap to the Gladiator in a heartbeat if I felt like I could get them as readily from local disc dealers as I do XCals.

I don't bag any Vibram now. I really like the feel of it, but $50 for OG 'collectible' or new limited runs is too much. I loose discs way to easy for that nonsense.

I miss having an Opto Saint Pro in my bag. I can throw the piss out of them, but always seem to throw 'em really hard and straight... INTO a Bermuda Triangle. Seriously, they just *poof* - Kaiser Soze into nothingness.

I love an Atom. Lost mine two weeks ago in a small pond. I'll get it back, but being without it for a while has reinforced my desire to have several.

And that's part of my problem. I almost never buy discs. I just play with the ones my friends hand me.

"Oh, you lost BOTH of your G* Thunderbirds last week? Here. Throw this Saint, tell me what you think." And if I throw it enough, I'll figure it out and it earns its slot. Right now, I have no G* Thunderbirds NOR any Saints. But I do have a swirly Star Thunderbird that I love...

I love throwing Warships. Only one I have anymore is a Tournament plastic, kind of swirly blue/grey, that I will not throw on any account. It's straight butter, but the color is no bueno for finding it in certain conditions. I've lost more of those things than I can count. I use a couple of Comets and Truths now.

All of the aforementioned are gifts - every single one. I think the last thing I bought was that OG Warship, like 5 years ago at a 2-disc challenge. I guess I'm not a "real" disc golfer, since I don't have stacks upon stacks of dusty plastic... ;)

We're getting ready to play a fun short course with discs speed 4 & under for a 'putt and approach championship'. Since there's water on the course & I don't want to throw my 'gamers' there, I dug around to find I have 10 molds and 34 discs that qualify, but I don't normally throw.

...yep...addicted to disc golf

For fun, I put a bag together of discs I have but don't throw.

Soft Magnet
Condor
Buzzz
Roc3
Drone
Leopard3
Banshee
Felon
Saint
Orc
Defender
Zeus
Tern
Feldberg Boss

I have a 27-disc bag and for the past few weeks have been swapping a Cloud Breaker for open courses and strong wind and Relativity for lighter wind, with two Orbitals I use for wooded courses to hit low ceiling gaps.

Earlier in the year I threw my first MVP an Orbital and loved it, and then picked up a 2nd MVP. So, the disc wars started for what used to be a bag mainly Innova to what is now mainly MVP/Axiom. I didn't keep any of the Innova's or MVP's that lost out, if I have no use for it, best to trade in with PIAS and start a new disc war. I just don't keep disc that I'm not using. It's been fun thru out the year. Since the Wave is my new main driver have both the fission and plasma boxed in different weights and will pull them out when the current disc gets lost or too flippy and those also get traded in.

When the wind picked up for a few weeks 15 to 30 mph gusty over 40 I found out the Octane and Excite fared poorly in higher wind and the wind will get stronger over the next few months, they both lost out to the Cloudbreaker and Glow Tern both handle the wind better in the open and will go well with the Zenith, Grace, and G-Star Mamba for wind play. If I see a G-Star Destroyer in a disc store I'll pick it up, last year's wind disc and reliable.

If I had to fill a bag for disc that lost a disc war, and have been exchanged:

-Plasma Octane
-Hades
-Star Wraith
-Neutron Inertia
-Star Leopard
-Star Roc3
-Judge

Never this or any other Lightning disc.

Attachments

• 03665861-5736-493f-addf-f84cd2cde83276.jpg
    03665861-5736-493f-addf-f84cd2cde83276.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 26
As with many, discs started with Innovas I could find cheap at Wally World. I have a couple I might bag, but those are mostly on my shelf now (custom built a little over a year ago and soon to be re-filled with the end of my season in the upper mid-west). I moved into Lightning discs for a while, but my favorite, the #3 Flyer, Gotta Go quit making (and they own those molds right now). I've bagged one or two this year, but they ended up back out. Now I'm quite a mix of manufacturers and rotate in and out with a few new ones too often (I think the guys at the local shop may know me by name, now...) :p

Comets are top of my guilty list right now.. I feel bad. Still got one in the yard box... and 4 uplinks.

Also on the list but not so severe:
Buzzz/ Wasp
Entropy/ rhyno
Zone (I had FR ESPs.. OG Zoner)
Switch haha
Scorpion double haha
Whitler
Volt
Inertia
Roadrunner

We're getting ready to play a fun short course with discs speed 4 & under for a 'putt and approach championship'. Since there's water on the course & I don't want to throw my 'gamers' there, I dug around to find I have 10 molds and 34 discs that qualify, but I don't normally throw.

...yep...addicted to disc golf

Several of my "don't bag discs" do get bagged for water courses and if ever one does get drowned I almost don't mind it as it's lightening my horded collection. I do have an FX-2 that I continually throw in place of my beloved firebird over water holes and it's never gotten wet. When it inevitably does I'll probably mourn it as much as I would my firebird.

I think everyone has a list of alternate molds they'd bag in place of another disc.

I'll list what's in my bag, and what I'd replace it with.

Sexton Firebird- Raptor or FD3. Literally a million molds you could choose here.
Explorer- Teebird or Evader.
Feldberg Boss- Nuke.
Excite- Katana, D3 or something else fast and flippy.
Roc3- Buzzz I suppose, but I really do like the Roc3 better.
Buzzz SS. Don't throw it much. Mako3 is the obvious replacement.
DD3- Destroyer or Zeus.
Nomad- I go hot and cold with putters. If I replaced this it'd be with a McPro Aviar.
Anax- Obvious replacement is a Vulture, but a Thunderbird or Getaway would also work.
Nuke OS- Ape is probably the next best thing, but an XCal would work.
Get Freaky FLX Z Zone- This would be tougher to replace, but I'd go with a Harp or Pig.
Z Flick- I'd have a hard time replacing this one. No other mold mimics the Flick.

My bag is always open, meaning that if I find something I like better than what's in there, I'll replace it. That said, I won't replace stuff on a whim. I need a good reason.

Keystone > P1
Envy > Ion
Harp > A2
Glitch > Polecat

Quake > Malta
Nebula > Reactor
Warship > Rift, Chariot, Qms, infiniti choices
Fuse > Tursas, Comet, Uplink, Origin

Tilt > Splice
Pioneer > Draco, FD3, Ahti
C-PD (new) > Felon, Instinct
C-PD (old) > Eagle
Saint Pro > Eagle, Undertaker, Escape
Stag > Eagle, Heat, Sting,
Seer > Leopard

Opto-X Ballista Pro > Force
Opto Ballista Pro > Octane
Opto Ballista > Excite, Catalyst

My regular bag is Pilot/Upshot/Zone/Warrant/Truth/Verdict/FD/Valk/Thunderbird/Firebird/Wraith. When I travel I like to put together a small bag of discs I don't normally throw (except a Pilot or two, which always stay in the bag), and it usually ends up looking something like Pilot/Harp/Buzzz/Teebird/Sidewinder/Krait, which are all discs I really enjoy throwing. A few others I love that don't make the cut—

Saint and Saint Pro: I could bag these in place of my FD/Valk/Thunderbird combo, but I like the slower speed of the FD and the extra stability of the Thunderbird.
Hero 235: The best catch disc I've ever thrown. I've tried bagging it in the lid slot in place of my Upshot, but the larger diameter seems to throw me off during a round of disc golf.
Volt: I'm not even sure why I quit throwing Volts.
Pure: Pures are great, but the Pilot's extra glide is just too nice...

I have a stack of Wizards and Invaders collecting dust thanks to my current love affair with Alpacas.

Im running a minimalist bag for the colder months so I've pulled the Eagles and my Zone and Comet for now too but they'll probably find their way back in the bag

I have some Gateway Elements that I should bag. I enjoy throwing them, but they are limited in their usefulness. (They suck in the wind.) It saddens me to think they are damned to collecting dust but they're too sweet to trade off.

Latest posts