• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Discs that you dislike, despise or downright hate.

I hate my G-Line PD! I don't know if I got a dud or if it's the plastic, but it's a glideless brick. I can throw my Banshee further.

Of the discs I've tried, there are only a couple that have generated real dislike. One was the Innova Atlas. That disc would never work for me, and I ended up giving it to my 5-year-old nephew. The other disc that disgusted me was the Dynamic Discs Freedom.

I'll also mention the C-PD2 (175g). This thing was the most unusable disc I've ever tested. I've always had a hard time with speed 12+ discs and this thing was the worst. I have a powerful FH and I couldn't get this thing to go anywhere. Way too OS for my abilities.

Nuke OS and Nuke SS. First Nuke I tried was the SS and on a RHBH it went straight right, made a bee line off the course way out of bounds and over a poor guys house beside the course. Luckily his dog was nice enough to bring it back. Tried it FH and BH a few more times then traded it for a pro boss which still rides around in my bag today.
Also tried the Latitude 64 missilin and rakitin to see what this opto hex technology on a speed 15 driver was all about. Turds, still love my L64 claymore, great disc.

Starlite boss as well. Can not hold a stable line with that disc at all. Loved the blizzard champion boss and the Gstar boss.

Anode. Big, curvy and fat; there is nothing to hold onto. I hate it.
I removed the M5 from my bag last week and the Truth today. Now I have no more Prodigy or Trilogy discs in my bag and I plan on keeping it that way.

Skeeter.

I cannot for the life of me figure out why I like the Leopard (6, 5, -2, 1) so much and can consistently throw 275' - 300' with it, but the slightly slower Skeeter (5, 5, -1, 1) is useless to me. If I try to power it up at all it just burns off to the right.

Get an older, gummy, heavy star and hyzer flip it to flat. It'll fade new but as it beats in, it only looses low speed stability. Eventually and I mean years later, it will fly straight from flipping flat to landing, go an easy (lid-like) 325'-350' and comes in very handy in certain situations. Delaveaga?

Or just get one already beat to crap.

Last edited:
I never liked the Truth. A lot of people do, but it was weirdly inconsistent for me. Sometimes it would basically be like my Buzz only a little bit straighter, other times it would flip over on me, other times it would hyzer out. Clearly, it had something to do with my form, but my Buzzz was far more consistent for me, so I just went back to it.

I never liked the Truth. A lot of people do, but it was weirdly inconsistent for me. Sometimes it would basically be like my Buzz only a little bit straighter, other times it would flip over on me, other times it would hyzer out. Clearly, it had something to do with my form, but my Buzzz was far more consistent for me, so I just went back to it.

Same thing for me. I liked that it was longer than a Buzzz but just wasn't reliable.

That is because the truth will simply do what you tell it to, which is the best thing about the disc, but also what would make it more inconsistent than something that you know will flip, or you know will fade no matter how you throw it...

My hate disc is the teebird. I have owned 3 and liked none of them. Simply no glide.

That is because the truth will simply do what you tell it to, which is the best thing about the disc, but also what would make it more inconsistent than something that you know will flip, or you know will fade no matter how you throw it...

My hate disc is the teebird. I have owned 3 and liked none of them. Simply no glide.

A Truth is much easier to control than a Comet, but without the good flight. Very dumpy at low speeds where the Comet is still flying high. The only reason I had it was trying to find a replacement for the OOP Element-X....I don't think that exists.

A Truth is much easier to control than a Comet, but without the good flight. Very dumpy at low speeds where the Comet is still flying high. The only reason I had it was trying to find a replacement for the OOP Element-X....I don't think that exists.

Ah, this is true. My Truth almost flies more like a fairway driver, dead straight out to 300'. But when I dial it back it does dump at the end.

For me it's the MVP Resistor. I have an orange one in 168 grams. I can't do a thing with it. I'm not the greatest in the world, but this disc doesn't work for me. If someone wanted to buy/trade for it, let me know. I haven't thrown it many times.

Putter - Birdie: It was a disc that was given to me when I first got started. After the 10th roll-away I probably chucked it over the interstate.

Mid - Comet: It gets a ton of love on these boards so I bought one. My first throw with one went into some deep rough never to be found again. I forgot to ink it so someone picked up that Comet with only ONE throw on it!

Fairway - Flick: Too much of a meat hook for my arm! My first throw with this one faded instantly and went in a storm drain.

Driver - Dragon: This disc instantly turned over for me...it was probably the light weight. After a few throws, I'm fairly sure I left it on the course somewhere - didn't even bother to pick it up.

Latest posts