• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discs you were disappointed with

Most disappointed with would have to be the PRO Leopard. I got a 171g the day I started because it was recommended as an excellent beginner disc that will still be useful as I improve. I couldn't get it to go anywhere. I was OAT'ing all the time, FH or BH. And when I slowed down, it flew smooth but just didn't glide. Slow throws faded, fast throws turned and burned. And I hated the feel of the cheap pro plastic. My Valk and Mako both flew farther and more predictably from day one.

I moved on to other fairway drivers, fell in love with the Gazelle, and eventually went searching for a fairway that I could get a controlled turnover with or super straight shot. I picked up a beauty of a 150g champion 2X Barry Leopard that's gummy and flat as a board. It's everything I hoped the Pro Leopard would be. Ended up selling the Pro to a beginner buddy of mine. He crushes it longer than any other disc in his bag, higher or lower speed. I've tried it since and still can't make it fly. I know it's probably my form but I've thrown lighter, less stable discs way longer and more accurately. S-Line FDs are far superior to Pro Leopards in every way.

I have a Pro Leo that's exactly the same. Zero glide. I like my river so much more. FD is a solid disc too, but man! I have no love for the vaunted Pro Leo.

I'm usually disappointed by all new plastic. It seems like no 2 disc fly the same.

Most recently i got 2 Vulcans. Both star plastic and 175. The numbers suggest that it would be a perfect disc for my arm, but one was too stable and the other too understable. Maybe blue plastic is stable and orange is not, lol.

I'm usually disappointed by all new plastic. It seems like no 2 disc fly the same.

Most recently i got 2 Vulcans. Both star plastic and 175. The numbers suggest that it would be a perfect disc for my arm, but one was too stable and the other too understable. Maybe blue plastic is stable and orange is not, lol.

Plh.

I am most disappointed with All Discraft Discs and All Gateway Drivers except the Illusion and Gateway Putters which are good for practicing with. I started with Innova and ended with Innova. Discs that were near impossible first starting out are now a staple in the bag. I couldnt stand Rocs' cause they wouldn't fly right, now i got 12 in the bag! Pro Variation Aviars have equal billing with a DX Hydra hiding somewhere in the bag for water holes. Can't recommend a driver, to each his or her own. whatever works best!

I never understood the need for a disc that floats. Most of the water holes around here were designed to be thrown over, not into

Ha, i like this. I've also never understood changing discs to something special just for "potential to throw into water" I mean, i don't pull out a collectors disc around water, but i throw the disc i would normally throw despite the water.

Assassin. I really wanted it to be my Sidewinder replacement.
Blizzard Katana. Too squirrely for my less than stellar form, apparently.
Scout. Why can't you be as awesome as my Elements?
Champion Monarch. Ugh.

This is just turning into a:

1) I don't like ______
2) What!? The ______ is great! You just are dumb or have bad form.
1)No I'm a pro, that disc is junk
2) blah blah fanboy jazz blah blah you're wrong!
1) I've been playing DG longer than you!
2) Your mother!

:popcorn:

well yeah i think i def did that! lol i guess this thread is a weird place/subject.

Recently, I'd have to say the Saint. I got one to try after hearing everyone act like they were the second coming. I threw it a few times to try it out and didn't see it as anything overly special. However, I put it in the bag anyway. Never even thought about choosing it over any other disc in the bag. It has since been removed until I decide to give it another shot.

On another note...Does a higher plh supposedly make a disc more or less stable?

I couldnt stand Rocs' cause they wouldn't fly right, now i got 12 in the bag!

I gotta ask...what in the hell do you get out of a dozen Rocs? I know they vary maybe more than any other disc and I could easily understand five or six but why would you possibly need a dozen? Can you list them all and why you carry them?

I gotta ask...what in the hell do you get out of a dozen Rocs? I know they vary maybe more than any other disc and I could easily understand five or six but why would you possibly need a dozen? Can you list them all and why you carry them?
This. I would also like to know why you carry 12 rocs. That is more rocs than some have discs in thier whole bag.

Took a five year hiatus, started throwing again 3 months ago. I bought a new Orc as a backup to my 7 or 8 year old idye orc. Was very disappointed in the newer mold with the Downey top. Immediately gave it to a friend and picked up some flat tops from the marketplace.

My biggest disappointment so far has been the TeeDevil. I was looking so forward togetting one and when i did, i hated it. I keep trying to give them another chance but they keep going back in the box of trade bait.

Latest posts