• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disqualified after the round...

Fritz

* Ace Member *
Interesting thing happen in a tournament over the weekend.

Player A, let's call him Johnny Forehand: Wins his division, happy cause it's his 3rd year in a row winning. Bragging yelling yada yada....lingering at the TD's table being rude, long story short gets in a tuff with the TD and tells the TD F him, who the F you think you are or something along those lines.

Back story for other events of the day involving Johnny Forehand. Earlier in the day Johnny Forehand was warned by a competitor for courtesy violation of foul language, which in turn causes Johnny Forehand to become made and threaten the other player, with statements like you better not miss step or break any rule, I'm watching you...you even jump once in excitement I'm calling a courtesy violation on you yada yada...Player B (Frankie Flyer) has worst round of life because he can't get it out of his head yada....Frankie Flyer turns in his card and informs TD of discretion and leaves to go home bummed out because he fell out of cash etc..

TD meets with State Coordinator, just so happens two board members of the PDGA are playing in the tournament (different divisions than Player A) they decide the DQ Player A for Section 3, 3.3 Player Misconduct. Player A, loses $725.00 winnings.

What is your take on this?
Tournament is over, cards are being counted, player gets DQ'd

Does Johnny have a case against the TD of the tournament for a wrongful DQ?

More back story, Johnny Forehand is known as a total jerk when playing and is currently on PDGA Probation.

Does Johnny Forehand have a case for what?

EDIT: From the thread title I thought this thread was going to be about blizzards and hot dogs.

keltik said:
Does Johnny Forehand have a case for what?

EDIT: From the thread title I thought this thread was going to be about blizzards and hot dogs.

LOL
Sorry, Does Johnny have a case against the TD of the tournament for a wrongful DQ.

Edit: I love your Avatar!

Thanks I've always liked yours as well. I never figured out how to get gifs to load.

and to the real topic: no I don't think this dude has a case. He got warned for courtesy during play and then he acted the douche to the TD and in front of PDGA board members. Douche + bad luck = FAIL

If player A violated the rule, then what case does he have? Was he DQ'd on his reputation or how he acted during the tournament?

Harsh lesson, but sounds like he needed it.

Flipflat said:
If player A violated the rule, then what case does he have? Was he DQ'd on his reputation or how he acted during the tournament?

Harsh lesson, but sounds like he needed it.

Harsh and much needed lesson for sure. DQ'd per Competition Manual Rule 3.3 in Section 3. I think the TD just got fed up with his crap and made the call.

The interesting thing was it was while awards and cards were being calculated. No more players on the course.

While true he did tell the TD to go F himself after all was said and done. eventually the hippies have to learn that telling "the man" to F himself will only F you in the end.

we had a guy get a sh!t hole stomped in him at are last doubles round here. let call him lefty idot. lefty is fond of screaming the f word if he screws up on the course. all the other player have warned him to stop but he does it one more time by a play ground. a guy there with his wife and kid say something to the effect of watch your mouth around the kidds. Lefty goes over and takes a swing at the dude with t kidds. left then get most of his teeth knock out by the dad. police are called and every other disc golfer stay to make sur that the police know that lefty threw the first punch. lefty is no longer welcome at doubles.

back to topic at hand if the prizes haven't been handed out then the event is still going. i wont shake the td hand, good call in my opinnion.

Fritz said:
..."Johnny Sidearm"...

This story is so in-character for him...Rob was just talking about how he was going to "sue the PDGA." :lol: Seems like PDGA is often accommodating to him, after whining enough he usually gets his way. But if PDGA is really going to press this issue, they should be certain that they have their ducks in a row in terms of the official PDGA rules...I'm not at all certain that they do. And...if by "PDGA board members playing the tourney," you mean Avery, it's going to create yet another Rob-related soap opera in my neck of the woods (he recently relocated here).

JHern said:
Fritz said:
..."Johnny Sidearm"...

This story is so in-character for him...Rob was just talking about how he was going to "sue the PDGA." :lol: Seems like PDGA is often accommodating to him, after whining enough he usually gets his way. But if PDGA is really going to press this issue, they should be certain that they have their ducks in a row in terms of the official PDGA rules...I'm not at all certain that they do. And...if by "PDGA board members playing the tourney," you mean Avery, it's going to create yet another Rob-related soap opera in my neck of the woods (he recently relocated here).

Avery and Peter Shive were playing.

It's always a soap opera where ever he goes. He even jumps the shit of people who were actually trying to defend him. The world is always out to get Rob.
I love how his story has no cussing and how he was a super victim etc...
He was already on the PDGA probation list for the player misconduct, so I doubt the PDGA sides with him on this.
But it's not my monkey. I played, I sucked I went home after the fireworks lol

EDIT: Good luck with him J, he's a handful.

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/62474

Pics of him freaking out or it didn't happen...

juju said:
http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/62474

Pics of him freaking out or it didn't happen...

I think a couple people had video. I didn't have my phone on when it happened or I woulda recorded it.

i dont know this person, but IMO, if you get a warning on player conduct during the round and you do it more then you should be punished. After the tourney is over, his mouth shouldve gotten him in trouble but not had any bearing on how he finished during the tourney, where technically he wouldnt be punished since the violation(s) either didnt happen again or werent brought up as a problem.

Guy sounds like a dick fwiw, and maybe this is a good thing for him, im just not sure im ready to advocate post round penalties for things that are only a violation during a game (not 100% clear on this btw, so if im incorrect then i apologize). Should he have talked to TD or anyone for that matter like he was, no. But surely there is another means of reprimand. Like a ban on future events or something along those lines.

It does seem weird thatyou could be disqualified for something that occurred after cards were turned in. Suspended from future tournaments, sure. But once the card is turned in, you can drink alcohol, throw practice throws, and jump putt inside the circle all you want without it affecting your score or anything. So be warned. Cursing out the TD at tournament HQ before conclusion of the tournament, but after the card was turned in, can be grounds for disqualification. Note that he could have cursed out the TD after the ceremony and not be DQd. Is there any thing else you can do during that time frame between the last round and the ceremony that can result in disqualfication, but would be without consequence if it occurred after the ceremony?

in this case though ( if i understand correctly) he was warned for his behavior during the round and on probation for previous infractions so i think good call. if this was a first offence i think it would be harsh.

money 21 said:
in this case though ( if i understand correctly) he was warned for his behavior during the round and on probation for previous infractions so i think good call. if this was a first offence i think it would be harsh.

I see your point, but the warnings were because his behavior was not OK and indeed an actual offense for during the tournament. The difference being during the tourney is a violation, after just makes him still a dick. As far as the probation, this should indeed be taken into account, for everything that happens after the tournament, and whatever action is taken should only affect his being able to play and under what circumstances for future PDGA events, being that the play from the tourney in question is completed.

Like i said, dude sounds like the exact kind of person you dread playing with, but I think this is a case of someone abusing their TD powers maybe, im still not even sure he can actually do that.

Yeah, I've heard that if you warn him, he watches you like a hawk and tells you he's going to watch you like a hawk.
Either way. Some of the grey area, they were adding cards up and he was lingering etc...
When does the tournament actually end?