• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disqualified after the round...

I think he is in a no-win position. PDGA should probably move toward full suspension after this episode, given he is already on probation. Threatening to sue the PDGA is not going to help his case.

He reacted like a maniac when he failed to register for Worlds during the invite-only period (he was invited), and then also failed to register during the pro-only period, and then found out that it was sold out after it opened up to all PDGA members. He was cussing everybody, including the local organizing committee, who in fact had nothing at all to do with handling the registration (it is handled completely by the PDGA). But then he became obsessed with getting in anyways, said he didn't need to follow the guidelines, and kept harping and whining and groaning and moaning. In the end, Brian Graham jumped everybody on the wait list in order to let him register for Worlds, which angered many locals and caused a lot of friction between PDGA and the local crew (including myself).

He has serious problems, and I want the best for him, but I'm not sure that we've been doing right by him, letting this kind of behavior continue to pass muster. Rob's dramas have spread like a cancer, and damaged other people's relationships with one another, and that's really where you have to draw the line.

he should have been DQ during the round. You get called in something on a curtsy violation and threaten another player I would have called a second violation right there and ended it. I hate premadonas on the course.

One question did the td refund the dudes entry fee, and ask for the players pack back?

Well spoken J.

money 21 said:
One question did the td refund the dudes entry fee, and ask for the players pack back?

Not sure on that. I split after the blow up. I didn't cash and had not reason to stick around.
He was nuts and freaking out and I didn't want to be there in the event he came back and did something stupid.

Sounds like this dude needs an old fashioned ass whooping.

IMO, a tournament is finished when the last award is handed out. If you get busted for any rule infraction after turning in the card, but before the awards have been handed out, then too bad. I say good call by the TD.

Though your opinion doesn't matter one whit, it just so happens to be in agreement with the PDGA rulebook, the only opinion that does matter. 804.03G(1):
Penalties may be assessed at whatever time the infraction is discovered until the director declares the tournament officially over or all awards have been distributed.

JHern said:
In the end, Brian Graham jumped everybody on the wait list in order to let him register for Worlds, which angered many locals and caused a lot of friction between PDGA and the local crew (including myself).

similar thing happened at Collegiate Nationals. The Oregon team caused a lot of drama at NCDGC this year. One of their players threw a couple fits on the course. One time he literally sat down on the ground and delayed his card until Brian Graham came out to rule if he could take relief off a fence. This fence was like 1 ft tall and placed near the basket with the purpose of prevent skips. The other team contested him taking relief, which he had already done without asking about it before hand. Honestly it was an issue the NCDGC staff should have addressed on the rule sheet. That same player was later kicked out of the tournament( and stroked for his behaviour) on Saturday for cursing out Brian Graham(I think it was Brian). I believe he had already been giving a warning and has a history of being like this. Sunday morning the Oregon team threw a fit and begged them to let the hot head player back into the round. He was allowed to play and Oregon went on to win the title. some of you that live/play in Oregon probably know who I am talking about

Pretty much every team in the collegiate ranks is anti-Oregon. During the final round there were plenty of people cheering when they made mistakes. In the B-team division they allowed an Oregon competitor to re-putt with no penatly after her putter fell out of her hand(my buddies on the Texas State B-Team called her for a stroke). They also allowed the Oregon team to change cards because they "wanted a piece" of the first place Texas State team. The TD bumped Oregon up and knocked down the team that was in second place. Needless to say my boys wrecked the feldberg coached oregon brats.

Much of that however is my own personal gripe with how NCDGC was run last year. Some very shady stuff, like how they allowed some 1000 rated pros into an AM event which then made the rounds non-sanctioned. It was weird playing in a non-sanctioned tournament yet the PDGA was heavily visible with dgplanet.tv and people like Brian Graham around every corner. A lot of rules got bent and plenty of teams felt disrespected.

so yeah sorry for derailing the thread but JHerns post stirred me up

veganray said:
Though your opinion doesn't matter one whit, it just so happens to be in agreement with the PDGA rulebook, the only opinion that does matter. 804.03G(1):
Penalties may be assessed at whatever time the infraction is discovered until the director declares the tournament officially over or all awards have been distributed.

There ya go.

i play in oregon and have to ask if it was nate bush who threw the fit? He showed up at random double in my home town one night got called for a falling putt and threw a fit, his partner was even like dude you step over the marker. What do you expect from a feldberge coached team? he is a magor whinner baby. But please no fuck oregon stickers fuck the ducks would be better.

money 21 said:
i play in oregon and have to ask if it was nate bush who threw the fit? He showed up at random double in my home town one night got called for a falling utt and threw a fit, his partner was even like dude you step over the marker. What do you expect from a feldberge coached team? he is a magor whinner baby. But please no fuck oregon stickers fuck the ducks would be better.

ding ding ding

I was happy about this thread, then suddenly sad. I'm a huge Oregon football fan... :*( Could the fuckaduck stickers be specific to disc golf at least? ;)

Wow, I didn't know about this Oregon drama...it sounds like a huge embarrassment for their coach.

You see these kinds of personalities in just about every sport, but I think it always detracts from everybody else's experience. We really shouldn't tolerate it...it doesn't do anybody any good to let it pass.

Frank Delicious said:
but seriously fuck oregon.
Oregon is one of the most beautiful states to live in and has top notch courses/tournaments- We have an ample supply of crybaby players though. :oops: If you play Dexter in Eugene you can literally hear people screaming in the wooded sections. Even the random draw doubles out there are crazy. There have been many instances of people missing one putt and having their partner talk shit to them during the round (It's 5 dollar random dubs for fucks sake.). I've even personally had other players try to get in my head during casual rounds when I'm shooting hot and they're not (these people weren't even in my group just a hole in front or behind me.) My ex actually quit playing disc golf because of her treatment at the courses and absolutely refused to play Dexter even when she played a lot. All of these factors and too many more to name are how I picked up the habit of wearing earbuds even during casual rounds. :)

come up to the gorge the players are much cooler. i won't play south of the portland area except in tourney any more because of the cry baby crap from the eugene guys. Dexter is the worst but peir can be bad on the weekend also.