• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dissing Disc Golf on TV

Ha! If you think that is bad. I rollerbladed for 14 years. Get some lol.

A rare pic from those days, gettin' hassled by "the man":

reno911-nick-swardson.jpg

Positive...

You say these negatives influence as strongly as the positives... How about the PS3's Move has disc golf as one of the games to play on essentially what equates to the Wii Sports game??? How's that for publicity!!??

You say these negatives influence as strongly as the positives... How about the PS3's Move has disc golf as one of the games to play on essentially what equates to the Wii Sports game??? How's that for publicity!!??

I've played it. It's pretty fun, but makes me wish for a dedicated game.

The Move handles the throwing pretty nicely. It just needs more courses, and discs that behave like discs.

A pure disc golf game, with actual as well as made up courses, sponsored discs that behave as they should....

Could be awesome!

Mockery is the highest form of flattery! Remember being 12 and making fun of (mocking) and teasing your friend cuz he had a girlfriend? Fact is, you were only making fun cuz your sorry butt didn't have a lady-friend yet and you were jealous. I submit that disc golf is our mistress and the world pokes fun cuz they have yet to score a hot date with her yet.

My wife saw the comment I made earlier and she said she didn't appreciate me saying it. Why would she take offense to the statement if its true?

There are still a TON of people that don't know what it is.

Not in Minnesota. It's been years since I've met anyone who didn't know what it was. I can't even remember the last time I met someone who hadn't played it at least once.

Though, they do insist on calling it "Frisbee golf" - I guess because its history around here goes almost all the way back to the origin.

Not in Minnesota. It's been years since I've met anyone who didn't know what it was. I can't even remember the last time I met someone who hadn't played it at least once.

Though, they do insist on calling it "Frisbee golf" - I guess because its history around here goes almost all the way back to the origin.

Starting in brainerd mn I heard it was frolf, then getting to play more than getting serious about it, I realised that frolf was a dirty word and started calling it disc golf a year ago. Now I try and correct people who say frolf that shouldn't like my family, for instance. Mom says to me, "did you frolf today?" Mom. I don't call it that anymore. That term is derogatory.

I sit in serious meetings at work and someone always takes a stab at disc golf. Yesterday we were bidding on a middle school addition and it was brought up in the meeting this morning. The wise crack was about the middle school having drugfree zone signs and also showing discgolf targets on the site plan. At least school systems acknowledging our existence is a step in the right direction.

I sit in serious meetings at work and someone always takes a stab at disc golf. Yesterday we were bidding on a middle school addition and it was brought up in the meeting this morning. The wise crack was about the middle school having drugfree zone signs and also showing discgolf targets on the site plan. At least school systems acknowledging our existence is a step in the right direction.

lol.

Latest posts