• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dissing Disc Golf on TV

With Seth green! Wyley. Great movie. Favorite line. What ya doin? Nonya, what's Nonya? Nonya business!

Heck yeah, Seth Green and Jack Black were both in that movie.

sethgreenwiley.jpg

jackblackaugie.jpg

hahaha.. i didnt read the thread but i went to the last page and the first thing i see is stills from Airborn??? (i think thats the name). ha.. there is no way im reading what lead up to that.. just made my night.

I used to think the main guy in that was so cool when i was younger.. I also feel like the guy that played snake in the that movie went on to do something? But im at work and dont feel like looking it up. ha

I play soccer, disc golf, and I roller blade. Wouldn't believe how many times I've been laughed at and called gay.

Soccer is a grueling sport, I've played football and yes the hits are harder, but to be successful in soccer you have to be a superior athlete.

Roller blading is fun, I can keep up with most bikers, baffled as to why it's a gay activity... See a lot of hot chicks blading, lot of larger chicks on bikes.

People say dg is gay. A buddy said, hey I bet I can throw my ultimate farther than your disc, I laughed, pulled out my 150 champ valk and put it out 330+ and he looked at me with a blank look.

DG is rapidly gaining in popularity my friends.

Yeah he played hockey and was kind of the bad guy? And yeah Johnson its hard to be enthusiastic with people about dg, especially if they have never tried it. I told all of my family I had gotten an ace and they all shrugged it off. The only one who congratulated me was my dad, he's thrown a couple times but that's it and he still knew the severity of an ace, my own brother levi blew me off and he plays once in a while, I made him a dgcr account and he doesn't even use it.

A buddy said, hey I bet I can throw my ultimate farther than your disc, I laughed, pulled out my 150 champ valk and put it out 330+ and he looked at me with a blank look.
That blank stare is soooo funny after they spend the previous hour trash talking the sport and how easy it is. Especially funny when it's one of those workout guys that lives to tell you how much they can bench/curl/lift/etc.

I had a friend I used to work with...one day he came by the house and I had a practice basket in the yard. He tried a few putts from 10 or so feet and only made about half the putts. I grabbed a stack of discs, stood back about 20 feet and putt all of them in the basket. He doesn't make fun of Disc Golf any more.

Disney_-_Brink.jpg

Rollerblading might be super lame, but I used to watch the **** out of that movie.

YES!!! :hfive: :clap:

Best Disney Channel movie ever!!!! I can't believe I just saw this on DGCR.. lol :clap: I tried to buy a copy of this recently, and it goes for around $40 on VHS only. :wall: I can't bring myself to spend that much on a VHS.

people make fun of things they dont understand. however i hear more people who think its pretty cool then be a hater. i know my wife teased me once until she figured it out i would be out of the house for 3-4 hours every saturday and sunday. And she thinks she is winner in this..... Disc GOLD!

If disc golf is my mistress, is it a menage a trois when I play with my wife? It may explain why I enjoy it so much!

everything gets made fun of by shows such as Daily Show and Simpsons. doesn't mean it sucks just because they made fun of it, otherwise that would mean that everything sucks.

A rare pic from those days, gettin' hassled by "the man":

reno911-nick-swardson.jpg

I just wanted to posit that The State, from which Reno911 sprang, is one of the most over-looked and under-rated sketch comedy shows of all time.

Thank you.

EVERYTHING gets made fun of at some point on television.

You only notice disc golf being ridiculed because you're personally invested in it.

If someone made fun of coin collecting you would laugh along just like your roommate laughs at disc golf (unless you're an avid numismatist, then I apologize for making an example of your noble hobby)

Absolutely correct. EVERYTHING gets ripped on those shows at some point. Throwing plastic at metal in the woods is silly right? But so is jogging aimlessly around your block in tights with an Ipod.

That blank stare is soooo funny after they spend the previous hour trash talking the sport and how easy it is. Especially funny when it's one of those workout guys that lives to tell you how much they can bench/curl/lift/etc.

I'm still in high school and on the track team and a discus thrower was trash talking me saying how he could throw further than me easily (I'm about 100+ lbs lighter than him). We all know how that ended up :hfive:

Latest posts