• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dissing Disc Golf on TV

Bikinimower

Par Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
The Simpsons made fun of Disc Golf the other day, and I have seen Jon Stewart make fun of it twice now on the Daily Show.

My roommate hates Disc Golf and whenever he watches something like that with me he laughs real hard just to rub it in.

But I kinda think the exact opposite, 5 years ago most people didn't bother to make fun of Disc Golf because nobody knew it even existed. At least now the sports grown to the point where it's relevant enough to make fun of.

Thoughts?

The Office did a mock on disc golf. When Jim was convincing Andy, the office pariah, that Pam was interested in him, Jim mentioned how much Pam loved "frisbee based sports" when in reality she hated them.

I still like the show tho.

don't worry, for every one crappy thing about disc golf, there is probably one good thing. like when they featured it on numb3rs. oh wait

EVERYTHING gets made fun of at some point on television.

You only notice disc golf being ridiculed because you're personally invested in it.

If someone made fun of coin collecting you would laugh along just like your roommate laughs at disc golf (unless you're an avid numismatist, then I apologize for making an example of your noble hobby)

Well if I had never played it and therefor assumed it was some weird activity for stoned hippies, I'd laugh too. Actually, that was me before I tried it.

Once you understand the depth and seriousness of the sport...you start to respect it heh. From the outside...they have no clue.

Most girls don't like it because they're too weak to throw, they'd rather sit.at a coffee shop and collect dust, they are sick of their male counterparts talk about it, and most girls don't have hobbies, they have their make up bags to have.fun with.. I hate my life.

There is no such thing as bad publicity. If people are making fun of it, that just attests to its growing popularity. And its nothing new, Sienfeld had an episode in wich George went disc golfing, and that was awhile ago!

Most girls don't like it because they're too weak to throw, they'd rather sit.at a coffee shop and collect dust, they are sick of their male counterparts talk about it, and most girls don't have hobbies, they have their make up bags to have.fun with.. I hate my life.

I hear they have cooties too, it's best to stay away from them.

We use this quote a lot at work.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." --Mahatma Gandhi

?! whhaaaa?

He's a charter member:
heman.jpg

They should stay in the kitchen anyway.

i think i heard Michael Wilbon say something about disc golf on PTI last night.Just assuming it was negative as it wasn't football or basketball he was talking about. But as it was said before, any exposure is good exposure I guess.