• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Distance driver (upgrade)

mlstivender

I've been playing the sport roughly for "2 years" now and absolutely enjoy it. I have been using the Innova Champion Valkyrie distance driver series. I believe it's time to upgrade my distance driver discs and looking for suggestions to which would be the best choice.:thmbup: Most all Valkyrie are 9 speed, so what would be a step up within the Innova family of disc? Thanks:D

This should be in the "Discs" section. That said, if you like the Valkyrie... try the Archon. Innova states is "reminiscent of a longer Valkyrie" and I have to agree.

I've been playing the sport roughly for "2 years" now and absolutely enjoy it. I have been using the Innova Champion Valkyrie distance driver series. I believe it's time to upgrade my distance driver discs and looking for suggestions to which would be the best choice.:thmbup: Most all Valkyrie are 9 speed, so what would be a step up within the Innova family of disc? Thanks:D

How far are you currently throwing the Champion Valkyrie?

There are lots of different answers. For one thing, the answer is dependent on how you're throwing those Champ Valks. How far? Forehand or backhand? Another thing is, how partial are you to Champion as opposed to Star or other plastics?

I agree the Beast is solid, but I haven't found any good Champion Beasts and do like Star. Wraiths might be a good step up, but have slightly different flight in Pro, Champion, and Star. If you're jumping to speed 11, you might give Pro a chance first if you don't mind the difference in feel.

How far are you throwing and why do you want to change?

FYI, a DX Valkyrie once held the distance record of 820'

Discraft Thrasher and MVP Relativity can flip up and get distance with a '9' speed arm. I have both in 17x weight. I can throw them in the 360' range with a '9' speed arm. Also, Destroyers, or course.

There are a ton of good options, but the Wraith and Nothman are the ones that helped me get to that next step Backhand.

There are a ton of good options, but the Wraith and Nothman are the ones that helped me get to that next step Backhand.

Good luck finding a Northman, I think I bought them all. 😁 Not even sure if they make them anymore or if it's just covid related.

I will second the Wraith. And they come in basically every plastic.

How far are you throwing and why do you want to change?

FYI, a DX Valkyrie once held the distance record of 820'

I'm not necessarily looking for change, I've enjoyed the Valkyrie..but I want to test the waters with a higher speed rated disc. I believe that's the point upgrading to a 10,11,12,13 etc... It has been 2+years throwing the Valkyrie.

I've been playing maybe 10 years now. Not great, but not bad either (930 rated).

I was throwing valkyrie's in my early days and after a few years switched to wraith's. I love wraith's and still throw them all the time. It is my most comfortable driver. I throw roughly 380-400' with them.

All that being said, I recently used a star valkyrie and I love it! I forgot how good this disc is. Instantly back in the bag. So... don't give up on the valk! I feel like I just upgraded to the valkyrie :D

Latest posts