• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DNF's at Texas Championships

Vans Skate style shoes with the Gum Sole will seriously surprise you, I play in a ton of pine straw and mushy sandy dirt in the PNW and I very very rarely slip with my Vans Sk8-Hi canvas, Gum Sole of course. Gotta mind the wear though, rough concrete pads will dig into your pressure points and wear out faster, I usually get a Season of 200-300 rounds out of a pair.

Grip on concrete pads is second to none, Gum Sole for life.

Most of the pros in the last year wearing Vans have been wearing the newer ultrarange shoe not the flat skate shoe. It's not leagues better, but it's more cushion and slightly treaded rather than flat. Seems like maybe Vans sent some out to try and get exposure. I've seen Drew, Luke, James, Simon, Uli, and a few others wearing them at one point or another.

I wear a high top hiking type shoe/boot. Very comfy and lightweight for what they are. I wear them because they have good traction on all surfaces and because the courses I regularly play have some uphill/downhill rocky terrain and I feel much more sure footed in these shoes.

If I were young and not over weight, I might play in something much more minimal, just not the right foot wear for me today.

I used to shred on my bmx with vans slip ons, barely any support.

With that said, Vans makes some decent outdoor shoes now.

My opinion is that trail running shoes are the best overall winner for disc golf, if you don't mind getting new ones every year.

Don't know how well they do on sand though.

I don't ever play on sand, but if I did I'd wear snow shoes. It's just science.

Sandals in the snow obviously, as you all already know. Again, Science.

If I'm roller skating I wear skates, not shoes. That's just common sense. But also science.

I tap dance barefoot, but not everyone gets my style. :confused:

I don't ever play on sand, but if I did I'd wear snow shoes. It's just science.

Sandals in the snow obviously, as you all already know. Again, Science.

If I'm roller skating I wear skates, not shoes. That's just common sense. But also science.

I tap dance barefoot, but not everyone gets my style. :confused:

I get your style and I dig it, but I prefer ice skates on sand. Better traction aaannndd they're pretty.

I keep reading "throw the disc like it weighs a ton" so I got discus/hammer shoes made for throwing a disc that weighs a ton.

Does it help? Not really
Do I look like a goon? Kinda

¯\(°_o)/¯

finally time to implement my idea of teepad shoes fairway shoes and green shoes cuz there isnt one shoe designed to be the best in every scenario/condition and ive found the cure

find me on kickstarter

audio syncrazy is my brand

i will be reaching out to uli later today cuz it doesnt sound like he was properly prepared for adverse conditions and this could prevent injury and other dnfs

Don't forget to market the shoe bag/rack attachment for the back of a cart.

24175_empty.jpg

We are realistically not too far away from being able to scan your feet and 3D print the perfect shoe that contorts to your personal foot structure and whether your foot pronates or supinates while walking/running.

We are realistically not too far away from being able to scan your feet and 3D print the perfect shoe that contorts to your personal foot structure and whether your foot pronates or supinates while walking/running.

I can definitely see that happening. True Hockey is doing this to make custom hockey skates for a few years now.

I think everyone would agree that no shoe is perfect for all situations.
A flat bottom sneaker type shoe is great for tee pads, flatter terrain, dry weather and warm conditions, but not so good for cold, wet conditions, slippery terrain or steep, rocky situations.
A waterproof hiking shoe/boot is good for colder temps, wet weather, steep & rocky terrain, but when it's 80 degrees out they are hot to wear.
Personally, I wear Adidas Swifts 95% of the time as I feel they cover the most situations for my area. Your mileage may vary! :D

I probably wouldn't be able to afford them.

We live in the future of our childhood sci-fi books already, it's just not evenly distributed.

Latest posts